There are 166 users in the forums

Players on the trade block

There are a lot of players on the blocks because teams can't afford them. We know Balke values picks over players but we could seriously improve our roster for some low picks.
Word is the Jets can't afford Wilkerson but we can and he can be had for a 2nd round pick. The Jaguars just signed their 2nd high priced Tackle not named Jockel. Their giving up but maybe a new team and a switch to RT or Guard turns this guy into a serviceable player. The guy was the number 2 overall pick 2 years ago to me he pull be more valuable than having them extra 6th round picks. Denver is up against the Cap and are trying to force Ryan Clady to take a pay cut. Clady and a 5th round pick would be worth Kap in my opinion. My point is having 15 draft picks would not move us as far as 7 or 8 picks and 5 or 6 players other teams can't afford. The Cardinals got a steal from the patriots for Chandler Jones because the pats won't be able to resign him we should be aggressively going after them because we can afford them. Jones could have moved right in to our OLB spot and we could have extended him. Are we going to find a better OLB than jones in round 2 or the Draft. Plus the Cardinals pick was at the bottom of round 2 so we probadly could have got him for a 3rd rounder. This picks being more valuable than players crap just kills me we can get players that are probowlers now without the risk of seeing if they develop. We could of added Wilkerson and Jones for our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Balke is not that good at drafting. Yea you build a team through the draft but Balke has not been drafting probowlers in the late or early rounds. We could turn our team around in a season instead of waiting the 3 season track that we are on.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It's clear that unless we are able to sign a top tier FA (which the market has dried up) or sign a cap casualty player that's young but experienced (no to the Jahri Evans type), that we are going to hold pat until after the draft or post-June 1st.

I think Baalke wants the 3rd/4th round comp for Boone, and will wait until after June 1st to pick those players up.

My gut is telling me that Baalke thinks Kelly can utilize the talent already here better than Harbaugh and Tomsula did on offense.

Baalke wants to see the Thomas, Tiller, Martin, Ellington, Patton, Smelter, Davis, Hayne, McDonald, Celek, and Bells of the world under a Kelly offense to see if they are actually capable or busts.
Originally posted by GEEK:
It's clear that unless we are able to sign a top tier FA (which the market has dried up) or sign a cap casualty player that's young but experienced (no to the Jahri Evans type), that we are going to hold pat until after the draft or post-June 1st.

I think Baalke wants the 3rd/4th round comp for Boone, and will wait until after June 1st to pick those players up.

My gut is telling me that Baalke thinks Kelly can utilize the talent already here better than Harbaugh and Tomsula did on offense.

Baalke wants to see the Thomas, Tiller, Martin, Ellington, Patton, Smelter, Davis, Hayne, McDonald, Celek, and Bells of the world under a Kelly offense to see if they are actually capable or busts.

This^^ I wouldn't hate giving a 2nd for Wilk though
Yea the problem for us Balke is completely convinced he's a great drafter. We won't be able to lure top free agents to SF so why don't we jump on a young star and sign them to a deal. Chandler Jones at OLB for. 3rd round pick would free us from having to draft an OLB and give us a proven player. We don't have many proven players. A Wilkerson can completely change our defense. Bringing in 2 Yound dominate pass rushers makes the rest of the team better. Having Wilk and Jones on one side would free up Armstead and Lynch on the other side. We already have enough of the young cheap guys with potential, we need some young pro bowl type players to go along with them. Wilk Jones and a free agent CB could have made us a top defense. Brock would player better at the number 2 CB and Acker would be better coming off the bench. It's just hard to believe that we are putting all of our eggs in Balkes basket. We need 3 or 4 top tier players we have one.
Share 49ersWebzone