There are 196 users in the forums

The Balke Draft!

Everyone knows we do millions of mocks each year and Balke always picks obscure players that some of us either don't want or have never heard of or he reaches and takes a division 2 safety before every other safety in the draft. He attempts to make his drafts the lest exciting as he can make them. Here is what Balke is going to do.
1st round pick 7 Sheldon Rankin DT Balke prefers 1st rounders that need a year to develop but likes his 7th rounders to start right away. Here's a guy that won't start year 1.
2nd round pick 37 Conner Cook Balkes favorite QB in the draft. Bat team guy should take 4-7 years to develop.
3rd round pick 65 James Cowser OLB
3rd round pick 69 Miles Killebrew SS
4th round pick 105 James Bradberry CB Samford
4th round comp Kyler Fackrell ILB
Get the picture were going to be screaming all draft! Whatever area everyone says is our biggest need he won't take one til round 6. Can't we bring back Scott Mcgloughlin?
Hate it, which means it's probably likely of coming true.
lol do you think you did over 50 mocks yet..?
Lolz but I'm sadz
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Everyone knows we do millions of mocks each year and Balke always picks obscure players that some of us either don't want or have never heard of or he reaches and takes a division 2 safety before every other safety in the draft. He attempts to make his drafts the lest exciting as he can make them. Here is what Balke is going to do.
1st round pick 7 Sheldon Rankin DT Balke prefers 1st rounders that need a year to develop but likes his 7th rounders to start right away. Here's a guy that won't start year 1.
2nd round pick 37 Conner Cook Balkes favorite QB in the draft. Bat team guy should take 4-7 years to develop.
3rd round pick 65 James Cowser OLB
3rd round pick 69 Miles Killebrew SS
4th round pick 105 James Bradberry CB Samford
4th round comp Kyler Fackrell ILB
Get the picture were going to be screaming all draft! Whatever area everyone says is our biggest need he won't take one til round 6. Can't we bring back Scott Mcgloughlin?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1261636-san-francisco-49ers-messed-up-badly-in-the-2008-nfl-draft
We can get wentz with our second round pick maybe
This: Baalke will be drafting a bunch of no-names --- boring draft

Round 1 Pick 7: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
Round 2 Pick 6: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Round 3 Pick 5: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
Round 4 Pick 7: Nick Vigil, ILB, Utah State
Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech
Round 5 Pick 3: Paul McRoberts, WR, Southeast Missouri State
Round 5 Pick 6: Jason Fanaika, DE, Utah
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Wendell Smallwood, RB, West Virginia
Round 6 Pick 3: Ted Karras, OG, Illinois
Round 6 Pick 32: Jamie Byrd, FS, South Florida
Round 6 Pick 36 (COMP): Nick Kelly, C, Arizona State
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon
Yea I tried to pick players that would go in the right round but no one would be pumped up at getting.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
lol do you think you did over 50 mocks yet..?

Yea I'm getting close I hate the offseason. None of us will be satisfied after the draft like none of us our satisfied with the offseason.
Lol his draft will probably be something like this. Baalke is garbage. Always thinks he's outsmarting people by getting less popular names, but really he's just being an idiot. We haven't done a damn thing to improve in free agency this year and now everything is going to hinge on this draft. If Baalke continues to be mediocre to terrible in the draft, were going to have a hard time turning this thing around.

yep, baalke always tries to "outsmart" all the experts and other teams by picking a small school - no name player...but in the end...(build through the draft my butt) we have not had a solid player from the draft...maybe aaron lynch???
op you're turning into the most annoying poster on here...
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Lol his draft will probably be something like this. Baalke is garbage. Always thinks he's outsmarting people by getting less popular names, but really he's just being an idiot. We haven't done a damn thing to improve in free agency this year and now everything is going to hinge on this draft. If Baalke continues to be mediocre to terrible in the draft, were going to have a hard time turning this thing around.

I don't like using the term garbage nor idiot, but he seems to be outsmarting himself. How many GMs have a 2012 on there resume and still has a job?
His picking injured players is an area of "outsmarting" himself. #2 Brandon Thomas seems like a real bad pick (was supposed to plug-in for Iupati - oops) #4 Lattimore. They often don't come back to former self, so you aren't getting same guy for a lesser pick, but a lesser guy. Plus. What is the true cost of waiting one more year? If a player needs two years to develop, we don't see him year 3 but year 4.

And how about give some attention to the Offensive line? If you use two #3s and end up with B. Thomas and Marcus Martin. You need to make more picks (or better ones).

Is it me or does it seem like he drafts real well on the third day but not so good on days 1 & 2?
[ Edited by OldJoe on Mar 16, 2016 at 3:36 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
No o line. I don't care who you bring. In. We will lose terribly
Share 49ersWebzone