LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

Sims' "Back on Track" Mock Offseason

I love the idea of packaging picks to move into first round, getting a player with a 5th year options appears to be a wise move. Your top 4 picks hit it out of the park, but I will go on record as saying that you have players going about 4 spots lower than prjected.

1. If Goff drops to 7 I will be shocked and happy
2. Noah Spence at 24, dare to dream
3. Vernon Butler is more llikely a top 40 pick, bur as above would love to drop in this scenario
Originally posted by 9erred:
I love the idea of packaging picks to move into first round, getting a player with a 5th year options appears to be a wise move. Your top 4 picks hit it out of the park, but I will go on record as saying that you have players going about 4 spots lower than prjected.

1. If Goff drops to 7 I will be shocked and happy
2. Noah Spence at 24, dare to dream
3. Vernon Butler is more llikely a top 40 pick, bur as above would love to drop in this scenario

I think Goff or Wentz will be there at 7 especially if Buckner is gone.

Spence is a tough call. He didn't kill the combine nor his pro day and he was kicked out of a conference. Players dropped further for less (Shane Ray and Randy Gregory).

The only pick that I really see as being a stretch is Butler. But we will be in position to grab him, Jones or Clark regardless so if we grab the first two or Goff and Ogbah (instead of Spence), I'd be fine with any of those three Dlinemen, Butler is just my favorite of the bunch
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Mar 16, 2016 at 7:47 AM ]
this would be a great draft but baalke wont make that many trades, it would make too much of a difference.
Originally posted by stefano89:
this would be a great draft but baalke wont make that many trades, it would make too much of a difference.

Yeah he can be frustrating at times but I think we are in great position to make a difference in this draft class. It is almost a "gimmie" with the amount of talent from top to bottom and there is no better time than now to utilize all of those picks in order to net some serious top talent. Early picks in every round will help us move into the previous rounds if that player he wants is still there and I'd be surprised and slightly disappointed if he didn't at least inquire into the idea
  • crew
  • Veteran
Really like the Butler, Drango, Peake, Ervin and Reader picks. Nice job of trading picks to move up. One could only wish that Baalke does something similar.
You should throw your hat into the ring for the GM opening next year after Baalke is shown the door.
Lik the first 4 picks but think we need a 2nd guard in there since as of right now we don't have a quality starter.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Lik the first 4 picks but think we need a 2nd guard in there since as of right now we don't have a quality starter.

I thought Tiller was a quality starter. Until proven otherwise, he was solid and deserves a chance to build on his performance.
Originally posted by crew:
Really like the Butler, Drango, Peake, Ervin and Reader picks. Nice job of trading picks to move up. One could only wish that Baalke does something similar.
You should throw your hat into the ring for the GM opening next year after Baalke is shown the door.

Would love to but to be fair to Baalke, I'm sure he has a solid plan going into the draft as well but then things start shaking out differently ......

I still expect him to hit this one out the park tho
The addition of Beadles gives us that veteran at LG, allowing Drango to develop or take the job from Tiller at RG. Very good addition for us today and drafting Drango in the 4th would really help our interior line. Thomas or Martin could easily get the boot this season, if they don't show development.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
The addition of Beadles gives us that veteran at LG, allowing Drango to develop or take the job from Tiller at RG. Very good addition for us today and drafting Drango in the 4th would really help our interior line. Thomas or Martin could easily get the boot this season, if they don't show development.

I got the boot ready for his ass.

Zach Brown is a good LB to sign

Originally posted by lamontb:
I got the boot ready for his ass.

Zach Brown is a good LB to sign

He is under the radar but as athletic as they come. I think Hodges is better in the run game but Brown can be better vs the pass. Wouldn't mind a solid rotation to keep them fresh
Share 49ersWebzone