LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Sims' "Back on Track" Mock Offseason

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
I like this very much,I glad I`m not the only one who is not sleeping on Charone Peake.....clemson has put out some damn good wideouts in the last 3 years.....good trading of picks and still ended up with 8-9 picks Baalke ought to be paying attention after all His JOB is on the line....

I think Peake can turn out to be special. He is not quite the talent that Watkins and Hopkins are but he is no slouch. Baalke needs to hit this draft out the park and get us back in the game. If there is any draft to do it, this is the one. Loaded class IMO and we are strapped with ammo to do as we please...just gotta do it
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
.Baalke just has to not mess it up!

I think his job really is riding on it. Hit these next two draft classes out of the park and it wont matter what they do in FA, they will be back in the playoff hunt pretty fast.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
.Baalke just has to not mess it up!

I think his job really is riding on it. Hit these next two draft classes out of the park and it wont matter what they do in FA, they will be back in the playoff hunt pretty fast.

Agree 100%! We have zero reason to be starved of talent when we have 12 picks in a talent-rich class like this. This draft class is almost a gimmie. Deep in positions of need and if not (QB, OLB) we have early picks to address them.
Love it!! The only thing I'd rather not do is bring in RG3...I'm cool with Blaine Goff and bringing a cheap QB vet.

Other than that
Good job. Probably the best mock draft I've seen so far
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love it!! The only thing I'd rather not do is bring in RG3...I'm cool with Blaine Goff and bringing a cheap QB vet.

Other than that

He was a late addition to it to ensure we have zero reason to throw Goff out there this year and I was too lazy to look deeper at vets to fit Chip's system I want Goff to sit the whole year and take over next OTAs. Let's get this right this time
If Baalke can at least draft 60% of Sims Mock draft, it would be Great.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Good job. Probably the best mock draft I've seen so far

Thanks elquapo, I spent a lot work hours on it today
If Baalke can at least draft 60% of Sims Mock draft, it would be Great.

Man I just hope we don't whiff. We are looking at a huge opportunity to get a lot better very quickly, we just have to make it happen
I like this very much,I glad I`m not the only one who is not sleeping on Charone Peake.....clemson has put out some damn good wideouts in the last 3 years.....good trading of picks and still ended up with 8-9 picks Baalke ought to be paying attention after all His JOB is on the line....

I think Peake can turn out to be special. He is not quite the talent that Watkins and Hopkins are but he is no slouch. Baalke needs to hit this draft out the park and get us back in the game. If there is any draft to do it, this is the one. Loaded class IMO and we are strapped with ammo to do as we please...just gotta do it

I am starting to like Peake too..honestly he never had a chance to show everything he has considering the players you mentioned he played behind..and Martavious Bryant..i would love it if he was a late pick..i can see the niners taking a WR in the 2nd tho..1 of the top 4 might be around..Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Fuller..i hope Doctson..

well done! send this to trent so he can copy this on draft day.
Don't usually like multiple trade predictions, but if it results in a draft class like that, I'd be ecstatic.
I think baalke wants goff which is why, of course, he says he doesn't.
I seriously doubt the Niners would wait 'til the draft to trade Kap...if no deal's worked out prior to Apr 1, they'll keep him. With Kap on the roster at the draft, they won't draft a QB in the 1st rd. Despite all the mocks showing Goff at #7, I see Baalke going Buckner or Jack there. Here's why...it's well documented and proven it's much easier to build a dominating defense than a good offense. This draft is very rich in defensive talent...so, I see Baalke grabbing a good chunk of it. That doesn't mean he won't take a QB & other offensive players, just not in the 1st rd.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I seriously doubt the Niners would wait 'til the draft to trade Kap...if no deal's worked out prior to Apr 1, they'll keep him. With Kap on the roster at the draft, they won't draft a QB in the 1st rd. Despite all the mocks showing Goff at #7, I see Baalke going Buckner or Jack there. Here's why...it's well documented and proven it's much easier to build a dominating defense than a good offense. This draft is very rich in defensive talent...so, I see Baalke grabbing a good chunk of it. That doesn't mean he won't take a QB & other offensive players, just not in the 1st rd.

I stated Buckner was off the board already and we still find a way to grab a QB of the future, the best 3-4 pass rusher, a very good DE, a starting Guard and an impressive situational pass rusher by being creative yet remaining realistic based off of the CBS Sports projections, the Draft Value Chart and Baalke's history of draft day movements. I like Jack too but the two most important positions in football are QB on offense and pass rush on defense and we fix both in the first three rounds.

I think Kap will be on the roster after April 1st but I also think Baalke will hold on to him as long as it takes to get his desired compensation. He's on the market at his request and that won't change unless he wins the starting QB gig or a team ponies up what we want.
Share 49ersWebzone