There are 196 users in the forums

KID9R 2016 Draft + FA Mock

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not bad at all. Pretty good actually. I wouldnt be upset about this.

This
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by KID9R:
You do know we resigned Phil?

Not sure I'm reading this right you have us signing RG3 along with trading for hundley, drafting dak and still have Blaine???

What makes hundley worth a 3rd? He's done zero in the league to push up his value from what he was drafted at which was a 5th. It makes zero sense to give up a third, draft dak, and bring in RG3 while having Blaine.

You have us taking two centers?

I love the first two picks but the rest
I couldn't find anything saying that Phil's contract was guaranteed, so I'm projecting he gets cut in camp.

If you'll read roster notes I was undecided with RG3 and Blaine and was looking for input. One's gone for sure. Or more likely RG3 was never got.

Hundley is worth a 3rd because the Packers spent a 5th on him just last year and are comfortable enough with him to let Tolzien go. So to get any decent return on their investment I can't see them taking less then a 3rd.

I have us taking 1 center that would be better suited to Guard. A 1 Guard that is better suited to Center. 1 of each.

Phil got 1 yr $3 million guaranteed. There's no way they get rid of Blaine and his $2 million...RG3 is gonna want at the very least something like chase Daniels got which was 3 yr $21 million. So I'd say keep Blaine he's athletic and young.

Who cares if their GM cut lord tolzien lol they just drafted hundley so it doesn't surprise me at all. He hasnt done anything in he league to justify a top 100 pick at all. I who hate that move especially the fact that you draft dak.

Hate the idea of drafting OL for postions they didn't play in college.

Sorry dude just giving my feedback.

Ok. Let's pretend that Chip really wants Hundley. He tells Baalke "I GOT TO HAVE HIM"
If "you" were the Packers, what would it take to get him?

I mean the packers can ask whatever they want for him...I don't think he's worth more than a 5th, he didn't show anything that made him higher than his original pick and GB valued him as a 5th because that's when they drafted him.
Hundley look really good in preseason and finished as the highest rated passer at 129.6 besides Brees and Staford.
I know it's just preseason but it was preseason performances that got the Texans to give the Falcons two 2nd's and swap the Falcons 10th pick for the Texans 8th to get Matt Schaub. One could even make the case that a 3rd is too low because Hundley's into year two of his cheap rookie deal and is only 22 years old. At worst, he's a backup QB on the cheap for a couple of years.

What you "think" he's worth is irrelevant. The question is: what would be a realistic asking price for the Packers. You don't want him, so you can't justify the 3rd rounder. But there's no way that the Packers would take a 5th or a 4th imo when he's really their only backup and they would more then likely have to draft another QB and only hope he's as good as Hundley. You have to give them a high enough pick that they wouldn't want to use it on a QB.
Beautiful mock! Though I'd have AD and McGovern starting.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Beautiful mock! Though I'd have AD and McGovern starting.

Agreed, I definitely want McGovern to start somewhere. And while I agree that AD will probably end up starting at RT. I really hope Trent wins the job so that he can get more experience and ultimately replace Staley. It would also give AD time to back to the grind.

Not sure I'm reading this right you have us signing RG3 along with trading for hundley, drafting dak and still have Blaine???

What makes hundley worth a 3rd? He's done zero in the league to push up his value from what he was drafted at which was a 5th. It makes zero sense to give up a third, draft dak, and bring in RG3 while having Blaine.

I couldn't find anything saying that Phil's contract was guaranteed, so I'm projecting he gets cut in camp.

If you'll read roster notes I was undecided with RG3 and Blaine and was looking for input. One's gone for sure. Or more likely RG3 was never got.

Hundley is worth a 3rd because the Packers spent a 5th on him just last year and are comfortable enough with him to let Tolzien go. So to get any decent return on their investment I can't see them taking less then a 3rd.

I have us taking 1 center that would be better suited to Guard. A 1 Guard that is better suited to Center. 1 of each.

Phil got 1 yr $3 million guaranteed. There's no way they get rid of Blaine and his $2 million...RG3 is gonna want at the very least something like chase Daniels got which was 3 yr $21 million. So I'd say keep Blaine he's athletic and young.

Who cares if their GM cut lord tolzien lol they just drafted hundley so it doesn't surprise me at all. He hasnt done anything in he league to justify a top 100 pick at all. I who hate that move especially the fact that you draft dak.

Hate the idea of drafting OL for postions they didn't play in college.

Sorry dude just giving my feedback.

Ok. Let's pretend that Chip really wants Hundley. He tells Baalke "I GOT TO HAVE HIM"
If "you" were the Packers, what would it take to get him?

I mean the packers can ask whatever they want for him...I don't think he's worth more than a 5th, he didn't show anything that made him higher than his original pick and GB valued him as a 5th because that's when they drafted him.
Hundley look really good in preseason and finished as the highest rated passer at 129.6 besides Brees and Staford.
I know it's just preseason but it was preseason performances that got the Texans to give the Falcons two 2nd's and swap the Falcons 10th pick for the Texans 8th to get Matt Schaub. One could even make the case that a 3rd is too low because Hundley's into year two of his cheap rookie deal and is only 22 years old. At worst, he's a backup QB on the cheap for a couple of years.

What you "think" he's worth is irrelevant. The question is: what would be a realistic asking price for the Packers. You don't want him, so you can't justify the 3rd rounder. But there's no way that the Packers would take a 5th or a 4th imo when he's really their only backup and they would more then likely have to draft another QB and only hope he's as good as Hundley. You have to give them a high enough pick that they wouldn't want to use it on a QB.

I think he's worth a 5th...if the packers want more I'd roll with Blaine and dak and be happy about it. A player who's had no regular season experience doesn't just get valued up two rds IMO.

I don't see the point of drafting dak if your bringing in hundley either.

Like I said my opinion.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I think he's worth a 5th...if the packers want more I'd roll with Blaine and dak and be happy about it. A player who's had no regular season experience doesn't just get valued up two rds IMO.

Like I said my opinion.

Fair enough. I just don't rate Dak nearly as high a Hundley. Drafting Dak in the 6th doesn't mean anything more than I think he has potential and could be a cheap backup.

Like I said my opinion.

Fair enough. I just don't rate Dak nearly as high a Hundley. Drafting Dak in the 6th doesn't mean anything more than I think he has potential and could be a cheap backup.

He's not dropping to the 6t anyway...I understand the DUI but teams were loving Dak during the whole process and his improved every year as a passer .. Not sure the love for hundley? You s UCLA fan?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Like I said my opinion.

He's not dropping to the 6t anyway...I understand the DUI but teams were loving Dak during the whole process and his improved every year as a passer .. Not sure the love for hundley? You s UCLA fan?

No but go compare their colleges stats. Hundley is legit.

Like I said my opinion.

No but go compare their colleges stats. Hundley is legit.

Dak got better as a passer throughout his college career.

Hundley didn't IMO. Regardless dak isn't falling to the 6th and i wouldn't want to drop a 3rd on hundley when we could get dak who I feel is just as good or better than him.

Everything else is solid.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
My thinking was that,
Staley is solid.
Trent Brown while he only started two games, he played pretty good. But he'd still have to beat out AD.
According to Pro Football Focus Tiller was the 18th best guard in the league last year. I don't know why it took so long for Jim to start him over Devey.

Kilgore played ok a couple years ago, but will have heavy competition from the rookie/s and Martin.
We'll then have a open competition for the LG spot between about 5 OLs or so.
So many people here are afraid to start a rookie OL unless he was a 1st or 2nd round pick.
3 Centers were drafted in rounds 4 to 6 last year. 23 starts.
4 drafted in 2014. 57 starts as rookies
Centers especially seem more apt to start as rookies.

Imo Baalke and Chip are rightly using this season as a assessment season. We have so many young players that haven't seen the field I'm not sure even Baalke knows what they have in them. Then next year we should have even more cap space to hit FA for a couple needs.
Ok. Also if Davis comes back no way he's not starting on the line somewhere. I don't mind the draft or your trade. I just know our two biggest weaknesses our the trenches period

this
Nice mock... Buckner and Ogbah would be ridiculous! I don't think Hundley is worth a 3rd, he's more like a 7th just because he hasn't started a regular game and if the Broncos are trying to give a 4th for Kap makes Hundley worth a 7th or conditional pick.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Nice mock... Buckner and Ogbah would be ridiculous! I don't think Hundley is worth a 3rd, he's more like a 7th just because he hasn't started a regular game and if the Broncos are trying to give a 4th for Kap makes Hundley worth a 7th or conditional pick.

Why would Hundley be worth only a 7th? Because he hasn't started a game? He hadn't started a game last year but the Packers still drafted him in the 5th. His worth hasn't dropped since he's been drafted, it's risen. And the Packers wouldn't trade him away for the same or less then they drafted him at. So he's worth what a can be gotten for. Now if you don't him, that's something all together different. It doesn't change his worth. imo
Share 49ersWebzone