There are 186 users in the forums

Jeremiah's mock draft 4.0

If the draft goes like this

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/300606?sf22557222=1

would it not make sense to either trade down a couple of spots (not easy to find a partner) or picking someone like Vernon Hargreaves (we went after Smith and Hayward and so there is obviously a need) and then try and trade back into the middle to pick #20 of first round to pick a QB. Other than the Rams no one else would be interested in a QB. The competition will be the Broncos (assuming the Browns got Kaepernick).
I would be in complete shock if Noah Spence doesn't go in the 1st round. If not we better do our best to get him
We trade kap then should trade QB...Rams and bears would scoop one up and teams can always trade up.

It's the one positon you don't mess around with if you want the player.
These mocks are all done without trades. There is no way we will trade back and still end up with Goff or Wentz in the actual draft in my opinion. They are both legitimate top 5-10 prospects and several teams may be interested in trading up for them (especially given the cost of serviceable QB's now).

I'd bet on Wentz or Goff being a better QB than Osweiler by their 3rd year in the league at a quarter of the cost. That's easily worth a top 5 pick in my opinion, so we'll be lucky if one of those guys is there at 7.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
These mocks are all done without trades. There is no way we will trade back and still end up with Goff or Wentz in the actual draft in my opinion. They are both legitimate top 5-10 prospects and several teams may be interested in trading up for them (especially given the cost of serviceable QB's now).

I'd bet on Wentz or Goff being a better QB than Osweiler by their 3rd year in the league at a quarter of the cost. That's easily worth a top 5 pick in my opinion, so we'll be lucky if one of those guys is there at 7.

Agreed
after the past few drafts an free agency offseasons including this one, i have 0 faith that our GM/FO will be able to come through with an impactful draft when we need it most. they once again will draft players who could just POSSIBLY be good after 2-3 years of development (armstead,ward,tartt). therefore continuing this vicious cycle of refusing to address needs in FA, drafting players rated much lower than the pick we get them at, and refusing to resign/pick up experienced players that have or can make a difference for us. this method has thrown us into a cycle of having a 'young developing' roster every single year. we dont develop or improve or make progress, we pick up bad rookies then pickup more bad rookies. once they get some experience we either sit them or cut them then pickup more bad rookies keeping us always at the bottom. baalke must go.
[ Edited by stefano89 on Mar 15, 2016 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We trade kap then should trade QB...Rams and bears would scoop one up and teams can always trade up.

It's the one positon you don't mess around with if you want the player.

This. If you like a QB, you draft a QB. You dont get cute trying to trade down. That stuff is straight out of lala land.

If Buckner, Stanley, Jack and Ramsey are all off the board, Goff or Wentz have to be the pick.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 15, 2016 at 12:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone