LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

A new take on the draft

Point number 1. Denver has pretty much taken themselves out of Kepernick by low balling us with a 4th round pick that they don't even add. I would rather keep Kap than trade him for a 2017 4th rounder. So Kap is either going to have to shut up and play football or take a pay cut from the Browns. Or wait for the Jets to make an offer. If the Broncos don't get Kap they have no shot at competing with what they have. So for right now figure Kap will go to the Browns eventually for their 3rd rounder.
Point 2 Balke has not drafted a good offensive player in 4 seasons. If he tries to fix our offense in the draft we are in trouble.by trading down we minimize Balkes mistakes.
We trade our 1st round pick 7 to the Jets for pick 20 in round 1, pick 51 in round 2 and pick 83 in round 2. Jets trade up to get a QB.
1st round pick 20 Robert Nkemdiche DE Dline is deep in this draft and we need a lot of it.
2nd round pick 37 Shaq Lawson DE/OLB our pass rush will get nasty.
2nd round pick 51 Eli Apple CB maybe a little low but someone has to slide out of round 1. We need a number 1 CB, I would be happy with Willie Jackson, Mackenzie Alexander
Or Kendall Fuller here.
3rd round pick 65 Kendrell Brothers or Scooby Wright is the pick here.
3rd round pick 68 Best OT available here Jason Spriggs, Spencer Drango or Germain Efedi.
3rd round pick 83 kamalie Correa OLB tpsleeper pick takes Lemonier spot
4th round pick 105 Chris Jones NT big guy that isn't afraid to show it all!
4th round comp Cardale Jones QB we need a young guy to develop they played him wrong last year should make a better pro.
5th round pick 141 Bronson Kaufusi DE we need a rotation on the Dline
5th round pick 143 Alex Collins RB
5th round comp Nick Vannett TE we need competion since we don't have a legitimate starter
6th round pick Rashard Richardson CB big CB
6th round pick Quentin Jefferson DT another big body for the rotation
6th round comp Jalin Marshall KR we need a dynamic return man
6th round comp Brandon Allen QB practice squad QB
Baalke has not drafted a good offensive player in four years?

Carlos Hyde.

Argument over. You lose. And I think Trenton Brown will be a good offensive player, I think he looked unbelievable for a 7th round pick.

And the jury is out on Smelter who is an interesting prospect and on Bell.
if goff isn't on the board at our pick then i wouldn't mind the scenario, but i'd hope for a WR a little earlier
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i dont know about waiting til the 3rd for an olineman. right now thats our biggest whole
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
if goff isn't on the board at our pick then i wouldn't mind the scenario, but i'd hope for a WR a little earlier

cant waste time on goff either. if we go into the draft with this oline its oline or bust
Lawson and Apple will be drafted in the 1st round.
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by YungAce:

cant waste time on goff either. if we go into the draft with this oline its oline or bust

This draft is filled with o-line and d-line talent, and goff is only one pick out of 12; a pick where we're in a position to risk it all: high risk, very high reward

and there's a whole other offseason if we decide to draft a qb and sit him for a season.
Originally posted by English:

Carlos Hyde.

Argument over. You lose. And I think Trenton Brown will be a good offensive player, I think he looked unbelievable for a 7th round pick.

Jury is still out on Hyde, here's his 2014 & 2015 stats:

198 carries for 803 yards with 7 TD's...

Not like he's the second coming of Gore or Barry Sanders at this point.

I do see the talent though.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Carlos Hyde.

Just to repeat what the OP said: "Baalke has not drafted a good offensive player in four seasons."

Didn't put him up as a rerun of Barry Sanders. But anyone who actually watched him knows he is good.

Carlos Hyde.

That made no sense. How did a player that's always injured prove your argument. Until Hyde goes out and has a good season it's still just potential. My point is he has no problem drafting average players on offense. Martin/Thomas/M. Davis/Ellington/Patton are players that aren't good enough to start. He doesn't hit on late round offensive guys that come out and turn into really good players. He can't find any Bowman or lynchs for the offense. Duh! Argument over!

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?

Carlos Hyde.

Can anyone refresh me on Hyde's blocking skills? I seriously can't recall. Gore set that bar pretty damn high though. That's gonna be the toughest thing to replace. IMHO.
I mean we pursued Celek like he was an all star he had 19 catches last year. He just can't draft wrs or lineman the last 4 years. We're after a guard ranked 77th a 4th string RB coming off and ACL. The last 2 seasons were 3 rounds deep at WR so we wait til the 4th to get one. He's pretty good finding decent Dlineman and secondary guys but everywhere else he sucks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Carlos Hyde.

injury prone RB

back up Olinemen

and lol another injured that hasn't played. another backup caliber TE.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
20. Nkemdiche or Ogbah

37. Josh Doctson or Fuller

51.Germain Ifedi - OT Texas A&M

65.Xavien Howard - CB Baylor

68.Jordan Howard - RB Indiana

83.Landon Turner - OG North Carolina

105.Dak Prescott - QB Miss. St

Comp pick.Cyrus Jones - CB Alabama

141.Sheldon Day - DT Notre Dame

143.Travis Feeney - OLB Washington

174.Blake Martinez - ILB Stanford

178.Brandon Shell - OT South Carolina

207.De'Runnya Wilson- WR Miss St

211.Kevin Byard - SS Middle Tennessee

213.Yannick Ngakoue - OLB Maryland

Based off the picks, this is pretty much the best draft that i have seen. Please bow to me.

Carlos Hyde.

Just to repeat what the OP said: "Baalke has not drafted a good offensive player in four seasons."

Didn't put him up as a rerun of Barry Sanders. But anyone who actually watched him knows he is good.

If he can't stay healthy, he's not that good.
Share 49ersWebzone