LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 151 users in the forums

Grade the 2013 Draft [3 years later]

B+

For a Bunch of Bums

Reid is an average-good safety. The rest of them have no place on an NFL roster.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Mar 12, 2016 at 4:45 PM ]
Looks like a C to me

Ried - B+
Carradine - D
Lemon - D
Patton - C
Lattimore - D-
Dial - B
Cooper was a good pick but got taken
[ Edited by Since07 on Mar 12, 2016 at 5:05 PM ]
Wanted Tyler Eifert over Reid.
My belief is that you have to come away from each draft with 2-3 starters and 2-3 above average back ups. If you don't do that, your team is getting worse. Over the last several drafts we haven't done that, and as a result, the team has gotten significantly worse.

This draft netted us one above average starter (Reid) and a handful of BELOW average back ups (McDonald, Tank, Dial, Moody, Patton). That's simply not good enough. Reid brings the grade up a bit because I do think he is a very good starter, but it's still not what I would call a passing grade.

D
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If you consider the average draft consists of seven picks, and three to five turn out to be NFL caliber starters or backups, this isn't a terrible draft. Reid is a definite starter, Dial has started, McDonald and Patton are close to starting caliber (we'll see) and only one player is out of the NFL out of eleven.

low standards. we have so far netted one competent starter out of tis bunch. Not a good draft by any means.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
As they always say, you can't truly measure a draft class until theyve had a few years in the league. What do you guys think?

1st Round - Eric Reid, Safety, LSU
2nd Round - Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, Defensive End, Florida State
2nd round - Vance McDonald, Tight End, Rice
3rd round - Corey Lemonier, Outside Linebacker, Auburn
4th round - Quinton Patton, Wide Receiver, Louisiana Tech
4th round - Marcus Lattimore, Running Back, South Carolina
5th round - Quinton Dial, Defensive Lineman, Alabama
6th round - Nick Moody, Linebacker, Florida State
7th round - B.J. Daniels, Quarterback, South Florida
7th round - Carter Bykowski, Offensive Tackle, Iowa State
7th round - Marcus Cooper, Defensive Back, Rutgers

I'd give Baalke's 2013 draft a C+ grade. Mixed bag on picks, but first six picks still playing. Here was my straight-up picks at each selection: Some hits, some misses.
1. Tyler Eifert
2. Tank Carradine
2. Robert Alford
3. Jesse Williams
4. Quinton Patton
4. Cornelius Washington
5. Josh Evans
6. Rex Burkhead
7. Reid Fragel
7..Marcus Cromartie
7. Lucas Reed

Baalke hit on Reid, but both of us missed on Carradine. Injuries can really devastate great college players. Baalke really missed on McDonald. I graded Kelce higher, and that should have been the pick if they were going TE with that selection.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 12, 2016 at 7:58 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Reid / Dial is solid. Let's just say Vance and Patton break out under Kelly and do well from there on out... that's still 4 out of 10.

If any one of the above were an elite player, then I'd give a higher grade, but anything better than a C-... I don't see it
Share 49ersWebzone