LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

New QB options

The Bucs are reportedly willing to trade Mike Glennon for a 3rd round pick. That's their starting point we might be able to get a deal done for a 4th round pick and an optional pick in 2017. We trade Kapernick for the Browns 3rd round pick 65 and then trade the bucs are 4th rounder plus a conditional 2017 pick. We will need to extend Glennon at least 2 years to get our value back. At worst he's a solid backup to Gabbert at best he beats him out for the job and we have our QB. Glennon played pretty well when he started and showed flashes of being a good starter. This saves us from having to go QB at number 1.
So what does that help exactly? They are still going to need a QB for the future. Platooning with Gabbert and Glennon sounds a lot like the Rams QB situation right now. You arent going anywhere with those guys.

If not taking Goff or Wentz early, I'd rather that they draft Prescott in the 2nd or 3rd, a guy who is a better fit for Kelly's offense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 12, 2016 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So what does that help exactly? They are still going to need a QB for the future. Platooning with Gabbert and Glennon sounds a lot like the Rams QB situation right now. You arent going anywhere with those guys.

If not taking Goff or Wentz early, I'd rather that they draft Prescott in the 2nd or 3rd, a guy who is a better fit for Kelly's offense.

Agree and giving Prescott a year to learn on the bench would help him a great deal.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Gabbert and Glennon are better than Foles and Keenum...by 2 miles
Why not trade Gabbert to the Rams and Bring in RG3 draft a QB and go into camp with Kap, RG3, and ( Goff, Prescott, V.Adams,etc.) id be happy with that.. i think we could get a 5th rd for Gabbert
No thanks on Glennon
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Why not trade Gabbert to the Rams and Bring in RG3 draft a QB and go into camp with Kap, RG3, and ( Goff, Prescott, V.Adams,etc.) id be happy with that.. i think we could get a 5th rd for Gabbert
I guess we can claim Manziel outta of waivers and have the 3 stooges on the roster...
If Johnny football wasn't such an idiot he would be a hot commodity right now he has flashed the talent needed but since he is lol I really wouldn't mind if we went into the year with Gabbert as the starter maybe we show real faith in him he may produce he's young and only going to get better with playing time it really won't surprise me if he is our qb of the future. He's got the skills if he can get that confidence and that mind in the right place he could be a probowl caliber player. Imo
[ Edited by Zachary13White on Mar 13, 2016 at 3:47 PM ]
What exactly makes you think glennon would be even close to good in Chip Kelly's offense?? He's completion % has never been over 60%, he has a slow delivery, and isn't athletic at all lol.

Blaine is actually a much much better fit...this would be the biggest wast of a 3rd pick ever. We have our stop gap QB on the team all ready.
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
If Johnny football wasn't such an idiot he would be a hot commodity right now he has flashed the talent needed but since he is lol I really wouldn't mind if we went into the year with Gabbert as the starter maybe we show real faith in him he may produce he's young and only going to get better with playing time it really won't surprise me if he is our qb of the future. He's got the skills if he can get that confidence and that mind in the right place he could be a probowl caliber player. Imo

If he wasn't a hot mess he'd still be on the Browns and would b available.

Of all the QBs that are looking for second chances out there right now, Glennon is probably at the bottom of the list for me. No way I'd give up anything more than a 7th for him. And frankly, I'm not even sure he's really worth having over Thad Lewis.
Goff
Got to draft Goff and let him sit behide Gabbert for half the season
^^^^This.
Josh Freeman is a FA. Just sayin
Share 49ersWebzone