LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

3-Way trade scenario (SF, DEN, PHI)

So it seems like Kaep is gonna be out the door in the next few months, whether its through a trade or release. The Broncos openly covet Kaep after Brock left to go play for the Texans. And Philly is looking to dump all of the old Kelly regime, and have recently signed Chase Daniel for a 3yr deal with a lot of guaranteed money. Kaep's skills complement what Kubiak is running in Denver. Bradford is a guy Kelly liked enough to trade for him in Philly. And Philly wants a makeover from the Kelly era.

What if the Niners, Broncos, and Eagles all got together and made one massive three way deal?

SF would send Kaep to the Broncos, send Philly a 2016 3rd round pick
Philly would send Bradford to the Niners
Denver would send its second round pick to Philly and a future pick to the Niners.

So Philly loses Bradford and gets a 2nd round pick from Denver and a 3rd round pick from SF
Denver loses a 2016 2nd round pick to PHI and a 2017 3rd round pick to SF
SF loses Kaepernick and a 2016 3rd round pick and gets Bradford and a 2017 3rd round pick

I know the NFL doesn't typically have a lot of trades, and yes I've been playing Madden all day, but doesn't this scenario work out for not only the Niners, but for all parties? Denver keeps its 1st round pick this draft and gets its QB, Philly dumps Bradford and gets a great draft package for this year, and the Niners rid themselves of a malcontent QB while adding a stop gap QB familiar with Kelly's system, while adding a draft pick for next year. Everything hinges on what Philly's intentions are with Bradford, but when a new coach brings in "his" QB (Chase Daniel) it usually signals that they would be open to trade.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Mar 10, 2016 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
So it seems like Kaep is gonna be out the door in the next few months, whether its through a trade or release. The Broncos openly covet Kaep after Brock left to go play for the Texans. And Philly is looking to dump all of the old Kelly regime, and have recently signed Chase Daniel for a 3yr deal with a lot of guaranteed money. Kaep's skills complement what Kubiak is running in Denver. Bradford is a guy Kelly liked enough to trade for him in Philly. And Philly wants a makeover from the Kelly era.

What if the Niners, Broncos, and Eagles all got together and made one massive three way deal?

Denver would send its second round pick to Philly and a future pick to the Niners.

So Philly loses Bradford and gets a 2nd round pick from Denver and a 3rd round pick from SF
SF loses Kaepernick and a 2016 3rd round pick and gets Bradford and a 2017 3rd round pick

I know the NFL doesn't typically have a lot of trades, and yes I've been playing Madden all day, but doesn't this scenario work out for not only the Niners, but for all parties? Denver keeps its 1st round pick this draft and gets its QB, Philly dumps Bradford and gets a great draft package for this year, and the Niners rid themselves of a malcontent QB while adding a stop gap QB familiar with Kelly's system, while adding a draft pick for next year. Everything hinges on what Philly's intentions are with Bradford, but when a new coach brings in "his" QB (Chase Daniel) it usually signals that they would be open to trade.

Thoughts?

The Eagles signed Daniel for $7 million a year as insurance for Bradford, not to be the starting QB. Bradford only has a 2 year deal, so it's possible they expect Daniel to be the starter 3 years from now or leverage should they attempt to resign Bradford (they would have a backup plan in Daniel).

That's a horrible trade from Denver's perspective. They can probably get Kaepernick for their 2nd round pick if they offer it. They don't need to throw in a future 3rd round pick in a 3 team trade to get him. Or they can just sign Fitzpatrick for the money they would pay Kaepernick and keep all their picks.

Decent trade from the 49ers' perspective. Bradford is better than Kaepernick and Kaepernick doesn't want to be here. We're not giving up much if we get a future 3rd round pick back. Not sure why we want to bring in a 28 year old QB on a 2 year deal when we're rebuilding though. We should get rid of Kaepernick getting draft pick compensation back, roll with Gabbert as a starter, and draft a QB this year or next (we could be in the running for Watson next year).
He'll be gone within days not months...
That trade is horribly slanted in favor of Philadelphia.

Why wouldnt the 49ers just take Denvers 2nd rounder in that scenario. No need for Bradford who is an injury waiting to happen.
This is disgusting I just might hand in my fan card if this happened. I want no part of Sam Bradford,would rather see what Chip can do with Blaine
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Thoughts?

So.... We move back 9 spots in the 3rd round to get the worse, more fragile and more expensive QB? No thanks
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I want no part of brittle Bradford.
No. No, man. Hell no.

[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Mar 10, 2016 at 7:09 PM ]

Thoughts?

WHY DO PEOPLE WANT BRADFORD????

Damn people please stop these crazy ideas.

I think Kap is going to the Browns for Johnny and a 4th round pick.
Horrible post
  • thl408
Signing a FA, then turning around and trading him one week afterwards, across the country, is reputation suicide for a GM. No FA would ever sign there again.
This has to be one of the worst trade proposal I have ever seen. And when has there ever been a 3 team deal in the NFL?
Yeah....no thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone