LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Brandon Allen - QB - Arkansas

Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Allen gets my vote and not just because I'm a Razorback fan. He is definitely going to make some NFL team very happy............

Don't be surprised if the Cowboys don't take him sometime during the Draft. Jerry Jones is a former Razorback and keeps his eye on players coming out of Arkansas.

This is true. Also for full disclosure, I graduated from the U back in 2009. GO HOGS, GO!

Congrats!!! Go Hogs!!!
Originally posted by fropwns:
I am no draft expert, but I really like taking a flyer on this guy. So, I would think no later than sixth if there.

Would love it if they took Goff in the first and this guy in the 6th round. Much better developmental option that Dylan Thompson.
Allen doesn't look much like the typical NFL QB, but he was highly productive as the Razorbacks' signal caller in 2015. The combination of short stature and small hands undoubtedly deters evaluators before they turn on the film, but simply ignoring the tape would be negligent. Allen graded as our sixth-overall draft-eligible quarterback in 2015 in terms of pure passing. He's particularly effective throwing in the deep and intermediate range in the middle of the field. Digs, posts and crossing routes were executed with good location, enabling yards after the catch consistently. Designed bootlegs also play to Allen's strengths. He lacks the arm to drive sideline passes from the pocket, but throws with good touch outside the numbers on the move. Pressure from the interior also isn't debilitating, some of Adams' most impressive throws came with defenders in his face. Overall he threw eight touchdowns against the rush in 2015 and recorded a positive grade. In addition, the ability to slide in the pocket to find open passing lanes stands out. Combined with a quick release, Allen took sacks on only 11 percent of dropbacks, good for sixth-best in the class. Despite his physical limitations, Allen would provide excellent value on Day 3.

Fro be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOPuxnZmQSc&t=0m7s
Mental Makeup-2-Three-year starter who has ample experience in a pro-style system. Flashes the ability to work the entire field and get through his progressions. Decision making has improved throughout his career and has developed a better sense of ball security (30 TD and 8 INT in 2015). Still has a tendency to force throws into traffic at times. Flashes quality anticipation and has improved his timing from junior season. No question about physical toughness and willing to stare down the gun barrel to get the ball out on time. Shows good awareness and poise working vs. the blitz. Took big strides delivering in critical moments in the second half of the 2015 season to win six of the final seven starting with a 4-OT victory over Auburn.

Accuracy-3-Mechanics have improved from junior to senior season. He is throwing with better balance and doing a better job of stepping to his target and transferring his weight. Quality accuracy in the short-to-intermediate part of the field. Biggest area of concern in this area is touch in between the hashes. Struggles to change ball speeds and get quality projection when having to throw over top of underneath defenders. Deep ball accuracy has room for improvement, as well. Ball has a tendency to come out too flat, reducing his receiver's margin for error adjusting to the football.

Release/Arm Strength-3-Efficient release. Ball generally comes off of his hand clean with good RPMs. Lack of height brings up concerns about tipped passes and will constantly need to work to find clean throwing lanes. Arm strength has improved as a senior and is functional to make all the necessary throws. Ball has a tendency to hang in the air with longer field throws. Doesn't have the elite arm strength to stretch the defense vertically.

Pocket Mobility-2-Has not taken many sacks throughout career. Part of this is due to Arkansas' run-heavy scheme, but he also shows quality pocket presence. He's a deceiving athlete who has enough mobility to escape pressure and buy time. Does a nice job of keeping his eyes downfield when extending plays. Will never be legit running threat at the next level but has enough mobility to occasionally move the chains with his feet.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/50001
Share 49ersWebzone