There are 141 users in the forums

Wilkerson & the 20th Pick for the 7th?

Originally posted by crew:
Very possible he could be, many analysts in their mocks have Buckner still on the board at #7.
One order I've seen post combine in many mocks:
1. Tunsil
2. Wentz
3. Ramsey
4. Bosa
5. Jack
6. Stanley

Crap. The zone will melt down whichever one we pick then!
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
If we want a guaranteed impact player I rather give Denver 2 1st for Von Miller.

Id rather resign Aldon Smith and babysit him.... At a time he was just as good or better than Von M.
Originally posted by English:

Can't lose with either one IMO. Imagine if they drafted Buckner and signed Harrison at NT. The average size of their starting DL would be like 6'6" and 310 pounds.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:

Can't lose with either one IMO. Imagine if they drafted Buckner and signed Harrison at NT. The average size of their starting DL would be like 6'6" and 310 pounds.

Love that. But the Webzone melts down because we isn't take Goff.

Take Goff and the Webzone ...... You guessed.
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by Since07:
Only if Myles Jack and Buckner are already gone

my dude!
I know draft picks are never a sure thing but I hate trading quality picks for guys who end up getting huge contracts.

I would feel pretty good about Wilkerson still doing his thing but there is still a chance he becomes another Albert Haynesworth and I'd hate to be the team who got screwed over twice by giving up a ton of draft pick value and potentially passing on a stud defender or franchise QB only to get a guy who gets paid and takes his foot off the gas.
Originally posted by Since07:
Only if Myles Jack and Buckner are already gone

This doesn't make any sense. Absolute best case is Buckner is as good as Wilkerson already is. Plus we would be getting the 20th pick!
Originally posted by genus49:
I know draft picks are never a sure thing but I hate trading quality picks for guys who end up getting huge contracts.

I would feel pretty good about Wilkerson still doing his thing but there is still a chance he becomes another Albert Haynesworth and I'd hate to be the team who got screwed over twice by giving up a ton of draft pick value and potentially passing on a stud defender or franchise QB only to get a guy who gets paid and takes his foot off the gas.

I guess this is a good point. How many big money FA or trade and sign players have been successful vs top 10 draft picks? I actually would be interested to know. It seems like both disappoint more often than not.
Say the Niners traded the 7th pick for WIlkerson & the 20th pick...

I'd still want 'em to draft Robert Nkemdiche if he's there. A Chip-Kelly defense is going to need depth, and Nkemdiche is a monster. I think it wouldn't be long before he took Arik Armstead's job and Armstead was the depth guy (which would still be important). Just don't let Seattle or Arizona get him!

Then Tank could spell whoever they bring in to play OLB, and you have some really good depth on that D.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Mar 8, 2016 at 4:24 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone