LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Back to Nasty Mock

Originally posted by davidboutte:
Love it overall. Buckner, Spence, Burns, could all be there. It's possible. Love Smith in 4th or 5th. Rest is just ok but 3 immediate starters in one draft!!!! Baalke might save his job.

Yeah I'd he happy with the start. There's some other guys I'd target late tho.
unrealistic as f**k
Originally posted by valrod33:
unrealistic as f**k

Nice analysis, as usual. Care to elaborate?
Originally posted by valrod33:
unrealistic as f**k

Outside of Spence (and the jury is still out on him) .. most of the players could conceivably be there when the niners pick. It's not like i have 2nd and third rounders going in the fifth or sixth. It's not nearly as far fetched as you would like to suggest. Please tell me which player would unrealistically be available where I mocked him going?

Besides, it always amazes me how we label all the mocks around the forum as realistic or unrealistic. They're all unrealistic in the sense that hardly any one of us ever get more than 2 picks right.

I think the word you're looking for is conceivable, as in "its highly inconceivable"... but even then like I said, outside of Spence, and perhaps Prescott... i don't see a player that's awry placed. If so, please enlighten me.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

The prospects all falling to a round later than they are projected to go would be my guess. I'm just surprised he diverted from his "worst mock I've ever seen"
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

The prospects all falling to a round later than they are projected to go would be my guess. I'm just surprised he diverted from his "worst mock I've ever seen"

Spence could very well be there in round 2 if his interviews did not turn out as well as they needed. He was booted out of a conference and arrested at his new school.

I agree on Prescott and for the most part on Burns but he is still raw and our pick in the 3rd is still top 70. He is arguably the 6th or 7th best corner in this draft and there is a ton of DL talent that will take up a lot of picks in the first two rounds.

Only other one that could be iffy, IMO, is Judon based off of the CBS rankings. However, he was a DE in a deep DL class that will have to make the jump to OLB if he is going to get any interest from the 3-4 teams. Taking him two rounds later than what is projected is a little unrealistic but the draft as a whole is pretty spot on with where they are projected to go with of course, giving us the benefit of the doubt with the "tweeners"

I think a lot of us fail to realize that were picking within the first 10 picks in each round.
1. Buckner is a top 10 pick. Theres that.
2. Spence was projected a top 15 pick before the combine, and has since slipped. he could slip even more and be available in the 2nd round. Who know what shakes out. (he's probably the least conceivable of my picks, but even then... not that far.)
3. Artie Burns is a border line late 2nd, Early 3rd. How is that off?
4. Prescott is a third rounder more than likely BUT, this all depends on how the QB situation around the whole league shakes out. If Osweiler goes to the Texans/Broncos. If RG3 goes to the Texans/Browns.. Kaepernick trade.. so many variables. The more qb spots are filled around the league, the further these Qb's fall. It's not crazy to think Prescott slips a bit because of it.
With Procise... i've never heard anything about him other than being a mid round pick. How is he going in the fourth inconceivable?
5. Glasgow. He's a later round guard. It's about right.
Jaylon Smith... who knows with this guy, It looks to be a Lattimore/Omolu situation all over again. he's freefalling right now.. Who knows how far he falls.
6. Cayleb Jones a border line 5/6th... I have him going in the top of the 6th.
Matt Judon - CBS has him as a solid 6th rounder. How is that off?
Marquez North - would've been a higher pick had he had an injury free career. This guy can fall all the way to the 7th or not even be drafted.
Nile-Lawrence Sample - another player esteemed as a solid 6th rounder.
Spence could very well be there in round 2 if his interviews did not turn out as well as they needed. He was booted out of a conference and arrested at his new school.

I agree on Prescott and for the most part on Burns but he is still raw and our pick in the 3rd is still top 70. He is arguably the 6th or 7th best corner in this draft and there is a ton of DL talent that will take up a lot of picks in the first two rounds.

Only other one that could be iffy, IMO, is Judon based off of the CBS rankings. However, he was a DE in a deep DL class that will have to make the jump to OLB if he is going to get any interest from the 3-4 teams. Taking him two rounds later than what is projected is a little unrealistic but the draft as a whole is pretty spot on with where they are projected to go with of course, giving us the benefit of the doubt with the "tweeners"

I'm not saying it was a bad mock I love this mock. I was just trying to rationalize what homeboy was talking about. Spence could fall but right now since he is my draft crush I'm guessing it's just teams trying to say he bombed the interview to make him fall. Matt Miller with Bleacher Report said his interviews were no were near as bad as people are saying. So it's really just about who to believe.
Dak Prescott? Tim Tebow 2.0
I'm not saying it was a bad mock I love this mock. I was just trying to rationalize what homeboy was talking about. Spence could fall but right now since he is my draft crush I'm guessing it's just teams trying to say he bombed the interview to make him fall. Matt Miller with Bleacher Report said his interviews were no were near as bad as people are saying. So it's really just about who to believe.

Yeah I know Hysterikal..my arguing is more about posters labeling every mock as realistic or unrealistic and I stray away from that because the draft is such a crazy thing. It always goes in directions none of us could foresee and in the end in hindsight all of our mocks look ridiculous... even the ones we called realistic. I just think its all for fun and amusement.

Originally posted by ivanm05:
Yeah I know Hysterikal..my arguing is more about posters labeling every mock as realistic or unrealistic and I stray away from that because the draft is such a crazy thing. It always goes in directions none of us could foresee and in the end in hindsight all of our mocks look ridiculous... even the ones we called realistic. I just think its all for fun and amusement.

Agreed. Last year Eli Harold was viewed as a 1st round early 2nd round prospect. If someone mocked him in the 3rd last year they would have been flamed for it being unrealistic.
Share 49ersWebzone