LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Back to Nasty Mock

So I've been thinking this morning and there's a scenario that could shake down on Draft Day that would definitely make a lot of us (those who want to address defense first) very happy.

**Now, this draft is based on the assumption that the team fills some of its biggest needs along the offensive line during free agency.**

ROUND 1

DeForest Buckner - DE - Oregon

BPA. Armstead and Buckner become our bookend dlinemen for the next decade. Just a mean duo. Plug Williams and company.. and we're halfway back to having a nasty front seven again.

ROUND 2

Noah Spence - OLB - Eastern Kentucky

I think a lot of his stock rose based on Von Miller's performance in the superbowl, but i think that hype is wearing off. His combine showed he's not Von Miller, and that's pushed him to the later part of the first round. Now i think that if Arizona and Seattle pass on him, then he might, just might... fall to us in the 2nd. His drug incident won't help his cause either. I believe teams would be willing to look past that if he put up phenomenal numbers at the combine, but that just wasn't the case/.

ROUND 3

Artie Burns - CB - Miami

A mean, nasty corner. I like him a lot. Plan B would be Xavien Howard from Baylor but I'm going with Artie.

ROUND 4

Dak Prescott - QB - Mississippi State

Our qb for chip to groom. Yes, he could go as high as the third. Here's a little wishful thinking for our sake that he slips a bit.

Cj Prosise - RB - Notre Dame

ROUND 5

Graham Glasgow - G - Michigan

Jaylon Smith - ILB - Notre Dame

If there's one think I like about Baalke is that he sticks to what he does. He doesn't waver his philosophy for others. I think at this point in the draft hes addressed a lot of what he came into the draft hoping to do... and I think he'll pull the trigger on someone like Smith if he's still on the board. I don't think the Lattimore incident will scare him (even though it probably should) There's no guarantee that he'll return to being his former self, but for a fifth round pick, I'm willing to find out, and hopefully to our benefit as well.

ROUND 6

Cayleb Jones - WR - Arizona

Big receiver at 6'3. Just the size Chip Kelly likes his receivers.

Matt Judon - DE/EDGE Rusher

Marquez North - WR - Tennessee

Nile Lawrence Stample - DT - Florida

And UDFA's

Josh Forrest - ILB

Chris Moore - WR - Cincinnati

Davon Johnson - TE/HB/RB - Marshall

[ Edited by ivanm05 on Mar 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM ]
I think my underwear would get messy if the draft went like that.
Please Lord 🙏 Make it happen!
I don't think the team will go after Spence with his off season issues. If the team misses on one of the top two QB's Buckner's not a bad fall back. No way was I going for any player with ACL or MCL alongside their names but Jaylon Smith is worth the shot. If he can't make it back in a year it's only a late round pick.
Would be amazing but I think your around too late on most of this picks
Originally posted by NYniner85:

There's definitely some wishful thinking with rounds 2 and 3 but they are border guys. And maybe Prescott.. but everyone else could presumably be there when we pick. With Jaylon, sadly I see something similar to what happened to Omolu last year. He could fall all the way to the sixth or seventh now. ACL and MCL's are something, but when there's nerve damage its a whole different conversation. It's hard for teams with only one pick in a round to take a player like that. Unless you're fully stacked like maybe the Panthers or Patriots.

Thanks for your thoughts, NY. Would be amazing though right? haha
Originally posted by ivanm05:

There's definitely some wishful thinking with rounds 2 and 3 but they are border guys. And maybe Prescott.. but everyone else could presumably be there when we pick. With Jaylon, sadly I see something similar to what happened to Omolu last year. He could fall all the way to the sixth or seventh now. ACL and MCL's are something, but when there's nerve damage its a whole different conversation. It's hard for teams with only one pick in a round to take a player like that. Unless you're fully stacked like maybe the Panthers or Patriots.

Lol yeah I'd be pumped if we got Buckner, spence and dak everyone else is just gravy
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I think my underwear would get messy if the draft went like that.

This! Phenomenal draft
Ivan...there you go, mean & nasty, I freakin' love it!! The Broncos proved if you have that on both OL and DL you can win a championship. They were absolutely beastly against a very tough Panthers team...they simply out-toughed them. Great job, man.
Originally posted by ivanm05:

Agree with NY, but your plan is well thought out. Nice mock.

I'd be happy with this.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Ivan...there you go, mean & nasty, I freakin' love it!! The Broncos proved if you have that on both OL and DL you can win a championship. They were absolutely beastly against a very tough Panthers team...they simply out-toughed them. Great job, man.

Right?! With free agency negotiations starting today I'm hoping that we target some of our holes along the o-line quick. That would allows us to build this defense back up through this upcoming draft. I think this draft is pretty thin on offense and would like Trent to do what he does best and just pick up some beasts on D to get us back to the good old days when we were continually top 5 at stopping the run.

Thanks, Corva.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Mar 7, 2016 at 9:45 AM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Agree with NY, but your plan is well thought out. Nice mock.

Thanks, Brock. I hear you guys.
Here is my thoughts on a good draft. We need to sure up the offensive line and fill the lose of Patrick Willis first. If we didn't have so many needs I would consider going offensive line for the first 3 picks, but with we did use 3 draft picks on OT last year. Let me know what you think.

I made the draft of fanspeak.com with fan speak rankings.

7: R1P7 OT RONNIE STANLEY NOTRE DAME
37: R2P6 ILB REGGIE RAGLAND ALABAMA
68: R3P5 WR BRAXTON MILLER OHIO STATE
106: R4P7 CB HARLAN MILLER SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
133: R4P34 QB DAK PRESCOTT MISSISSIPPI STATE
142: R5P3 DE RONALD BLAIR APPALACHIAN STATE
145: R5P6 DT MATT IOANNIDIS TEMPLE
174: R5P35 DT WILLIE HENRY MICHIGAN
181: R6P3 G REES ODHIAMBO BOISE STATE
210: R6P32 OLB ANTWIONE WILLIAMS GEORGIA SOUTHERN
211: R6P33 DE ANTHONY ZETTEL PENN STATE
213: R6P35 G JOE DAHL WASHINGTON STATE
[ Edited by juycho on Mar 7, 2016 at 12:44 PM ]
Love it overall. Buckner, Spence, Burns, could all be there. It's possible. Love Smith in 4th or 5th. Rest is just ok but 3 immediate starters in one draft!!!! Baalke might save his job.
Share 49ersWebzone