LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 188 users in the forums

A Falcons assistant coach asked OSU CB Eli Apple if he liked men at the combine

Brian Cox again????
Originally posted by strickac:
Is it really a job interview though and is homosexual a protected class?
Homosexual is irrelevant like heterossexual is irrelevant for this situation

I like girls but if a guy ask me that in a Combine interview I would give a roundhouse in his mouth and I would report him to the league
Originally posted by CityKing415:
it's a free country and it's a privilege to play in the NFL so what if they wanna know if your gay or not.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Probably because asking that question is illegal in any number of states during a job interview. Just because its the NFL doesn't mean they can blatantly run roughshod over EEOC rules and state and federal laws.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Eli wondering how many assistant coaches he will have to f**k to get into the NFL

"Do you like gladiator movies Eli?" "Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"
Who cares? These guys always get strange questions to see how they react. Eli was possibly bothered and snitched to a reporter.

That's not smart on his part. Wait until you're drafted, then run your mouth.

#rookie hazing #earn your starting position
Who cares? These guys always get strange questions to see how they react. Eli was possibly bothered and snitched to a reporter.

Probably because asking that question is illegal in any number of states during a job interview. Just because its the NFL doesn't mean they can blatantly run roughshod over EEOC rules and state and federal laws.

Yes. And yes.
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
Homosexual is irrelevant like heterossexual is irrelevant for this situation

I like girls but if a guy ask me that in a Combine interview I would give a roundhouse in his mouth and I would report him to the league

And you'd go undrafted and the Falcons would benefit from discovering your an idiot prior to wasting a pick on you.

Not attacking you, just playing this hypothetical scenario. Teams like to see reactions out of players. If Atlanta has a big gay scene and he's likely to get asked the question, can he handle it maturely? Appears so.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Eli wondering how many assistant coaches he will have to f**k to get into the NFL

"Do you like gladiator movies Eli?" "Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Just what I was thinking!

I keep hearing that Teams throw in unexpected questions more and more because the Players are so prepared for the regular questions you can't really tell anything. This probably falls into that category. Need to see how a player is going to react outside of their comfort zone.
[ Edited by socal9er42 on Mar 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM ]
I would expect that coach to be fired immediately. You can't ask that sort of question in what is effectively a job interview.

And you'd go undrafted and the Falcons would benefit from discovering your an idiot prior to wasting a pick on you.

Not attacking you, just playing this hypothetical scenario. Teams like to see reactions out of players. If Atlanta has a big gay scene and he's likely to get asked the question, can he handle it maturely? Appears so.
Apparentely people cannot ask those questions...
Its a League policy.
Like people cannot ask if the player is a Mormon, Muslim or Cristian.
You cannot ask those questions and thats why the league is gonna reprimand the Falcons
Too PC. Who gives a s**t? It's a different arena than the rest of us are used to.

Has anyone ever had a boss measure the size of their hands or get in their underwear and stand on a scale in front of a room full of cameras?

It's just a different set of rules.
This story is bogus. What the Falcons really asked is what Apple thought of Aaron Rodgers and then added the qualifier "No homo." It's all a big misunderstanding.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
This story is bogus. What the Falcons really asked is what Apple thought of Aaron Rodgers and then added the qualifier "No homo." It's all a big misunderstanding.

I knew the truth would eventually come out.

Nothing to see here.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Share 49ersWebzone