LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

3 qb's in top 7?

I'm curious if anyone thinks this is possible. I wouldn't think so but it creates a scenario in which a great prospect falls to us no matter what (either Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, or Buckner) as long as we arent one of the teams that take a qb.

the only way I see it happening is the browns take wentz, a team trades up ahead of the cowboys to take goff or the cowboys take him themselves, and then another team trades up ahead of us to take lynch.

I don't think it will happen but I'm curious if any of our local draft gurus think it's possible. I know lynch is probably a mid-late round pick but teams fall in love with qbs.

But if tunsil or Stanley go ahead of us one of those players will be there no matter what as long as 2 qbs are taken.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Mar 4, 2016 at 7:20 AM ]
Doubt it. But if there are, an even better player will therefore fall to us.
No. I think Lynch has fallen off Goff and Wentz are the only QBs I see going in the top 10 picks.

I wouldnt be shocked if only one goes in the Top 10. Everyone is so convinced that Team A or B HAS to trade up but those teams all have multiple needs to fill too.

In a draft where most of the value is on defense and OL and in the middle rounds, I dont see many teams splurging and giving up a bunch of picks to move up and miss out on potential starter quality players later on.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 4, 2016 at 7:34 AM ]
SF has to have a long term answer at QB going into this season. The issue here is no one here knows what grades they have on the QB's in the draft, or for that matter, RG3-4-niner (I read that name somewhere), or Kaep or Gabbert. If they land RG3 and grade him out as good as one of the rookies, then you are done, and can draft Jones, Adams or Prescott, etc. later in the draft. If they believe Wentz and Goff are two franchise QB's, and better than anything else, they have to get one. If they can't and view Lynch markedly better than the rest, they need to take him at 7. However, if they see Lynch as only slightly better than the 2rd guys like Cook, or Hackenberg, or whoever, then there is no need to do anything until then
I wanted offensive or defensive line help , but the more I think of Goff's upside, his accuracy and toughness in the pocket ...the more I want us to draft this kid, I would rather have Goff instead of Wentz , Goff has a huge ceiling, and could benefit from Chip's system and really grow with it , plus he could be a starter from day one, especially if we are going to be a run first team, and use short quick passes to quick elusive targets, Goff's accuracy could be a real asset out of the gate, he wouldn't need to put the team on his shoulder, as we would rely on a frantic pace running attack, using WR's in motion and misdirection in the running game could be a real weapon for us
Originally posted by English:
Doubt it. But if there are, an even better player will therefore fall to us.

That is my opinion as well. I highly doubt it but hope there is a chance cause I want one or two of the badass D players to be there for us
Wentz and Goff will be off the board before we pick , I'm optimistic every year no matter. But real world I see another down year for us due to FO. Hopefully we get someone for front defensive seven to restore it some. Buckner would feel comfortable here with old coach an a teammate armstead
Originally posted by okieniner:
Wentz and Goff will be off the board before we pick , I'm optimistic every year no matter. But real world I see another down year for us due to FO. Hopefully we get someone for front defensive seven to restore it some. Buckner would feel comfortable here with old coach an a teammate armstead

If Goff and Wentz are off the board then that means that two of Buckner, Bosa, Stanley, Ramsey, Tunsil and Jack are still on the board and that is called turning a frown upside down.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 4, 2016 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I'm curious if anyone thinks this is possible. I wouldn't think so but it creates a scenario in which a great prospect falls to us no matter what (either Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, or Buckner) as long as we arent one of the teams that take a qb.

the only way I see it happening is the browns take wentz, a team trades up ahead of the cowboys to take goff or the cowboys take him themselves, and then another team trades up ahead of us to take lynch.

I don't think it will happen but I'm curious if any of our local draft gurus think it's possible. I know lynch is probably a mid-late round pick but teams fall in love with qbs.

But if tunsil or Stanley go ahead of us one of those players will be there no matter what as long as 2 qbs are taken.

I think it's possible. Brought this exact point up a few weeks back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by okieniner:

If Goff and Wentz are off the board then that means that two of Buckner, Bosa, Stanley, Ramsey, Tunsil and Jack are still on the board and that is called turning a frown upside down.

Good way to look at it!

The Los Angeles Rams are the team that must make a splash. Coming to LA with a brand new Stadium in the works and lucrative deals all over town it makes sense to keep the momentum rolling by bringing in a new QB. Their D can be one of the best and they have a running back in Gurley that can hide any deficiencies a rookie QB may have. The Niners are in good shape to sit and wait. Too bad Tomsula had to win his final game, for sure the last he'll ever have in the NFL. We would've been at 4, right?
If it happens, it means there are some teams truly desperate for a rookie QB. I said this in a different post last night...with the quality of defensive players far outweighing offensive guys, we could see a lot more defenders taken earlier than usual. The other factor is out of the top 10 teams/picks, 6 have new head coaches, and we don't know how they'll influence their drafts. We could well see a number of picks early very few will predict.
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
SF has to have a long term answer at QB going into this season. The issue here is no one here knows what grades they have on the QB's in the draft, or for that matter, RG3-4-niner (I read that name somewhere), or Kaep or Gabbert. If they land RG3 and grade him out as good as one of the rookies, then you are done, and can draft Jones, Adams or Prescott, etc. later in the draft. If they believe Wentz and Goff are two franchise QB's, and better than anything else, they have to get one. If they can't and view Lynch markedly better than the rest, they need to take him at 7. However, if they see Lynch as only slightly better than the 2rd guys like Cook, or Hackenberg, or whoever, then there is no need to do anything until then

It would be ideal, but no they don't. From what i've read so far the top tier of QBs in this class all seem to have some glaring drawbacks. What San Francisco needs are players with star-level ability no matter where they play on the field. If someone like Mack is there at 7 along with Goff, that is not an easy decision. The 49ers could suck next year and look at a QB then because the reality is this team isn't going to sniff the playoffs for a few years.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Mar 4, 2016 at 10:09 AM ]
We would of been at 5 had we lost the Rams game
is there a chance Lynch can fall to the second round? Id rather grab him in the 2nd than Goff or Wentz in the 1st
Share 49ersWebzone