LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Our starting WRs will be...?

I know a lot of people have been calling out that smelter will be our starting WR if we don't resign Bolden but I think it will be Rogers. Here are my reasons.
1. If you compare the highlight tapes Rogers looks faster and more athletic. He can go up and make difficult catches. Watching Smelters highlights they didn't look like highlights. The catches he did make went straight to his hands and he looks he catches everything in his stomach. Smelter is a two foot jumper meaning for a highball he looks as if he stops, sets him self and jumps up with both feet. Where Rogers was comfortable jumping off of one foot and catching the ball at its highest points and continuing on in stride.
2. Smelter was drafted by Balke who is like 1 for 20 drafting wrs. If you look at the wrs who outperformed their draft slot he has none. You can't give him to much credit for Crabtree because he was considered the best Wr in that draft and he slid down that was a no brainer.
3. Kelly loves Rogers who has a better track record drafting and developing wrs. Plus Rogers has more experience with different offenses.
4. If we go after a free agent Wr it would be a waste of money because we don't have anyone that can get them the ball. People was calling Torrey Smith a flop. He's not a flop our qbs sucked. Our QBs could make Dez Bryant look like a bust. The worst thing we could do is go spend big money on a 2nd or 3rd tier free agent that will end up catching 30 balls like smith. You get a good QB then look for wrs.
I have been calling Rogers as the second wr too. Kelly loves him and he has a lot more potential IMO than Patton ellington smelter. Kelly will give the big guy a chance for sure.
I can't wait to see Smelter
Smelter,Ellington and Smith
idk
TO might have more talent than the group we're got right now on contract.
Smith
Elington
Smelter
.....? I hope we sign or draft someone. or both. If smelter works out him and Smith are solid. Just need one quality wr.
Marvin Jones
Riley Cooper
Carlos Hyde

• fan49
  • Veteran
Beckam Jr's brother
Michael Thomas, Smith and Ellington.
Someone who has the playmaking abilities-gift to potentially score every time he catches the ball, I'm hoping.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Rumor has it that Michael Sam is a really good receiver.
Torrey Smith, Deandre smelter, Travis Benjamin/Muhammed sanu, Bruce Ellington, Roberts.. they will all play different roles and rotate every series to keep fresh and have the offense run on all cylinders.
[ Edited by pho_t_9er on Mar 2, 2016 at 9:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone