LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

NYniner85 post combine mock

If they actually got a 2nd for Kaepernick and the draft played out just like this, Baalke should get a raise.
Very good mock. You got 2 of my favorite guys(Goff and Doctson).
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If they actually got a 2nd for Kaepernick and the draft played out just like this, Baalke should get a raise.

Lol well the only way I see Goff as the pick is if Kap is traded they aren't gonna release him...I think there will be some solid value for him based on what Qbs like Bradford and cousins are getting paid.

Doctson might have worked his way up towards a top 25 pick as well...we will see
With regards to teams just waiting for us to release Kap so they can get him cheap...well, then they can't guarantee they will get him...only way to be sure is to trade for him. A second will do fine.
Restructuring Staley's contract could be a sign the front office will open there wallets for a top free agent linemen. Perhaps Kelechi Osemele or Alex Mack? The latter would have Kilgore competing for a guard spot.
Come on? Where we need focus to draft for any O-lines that we need protect our quarterback like Cowboys had a great O-lines. Why 49ers fans dont like about O-Lines?
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Mar 3, 2016 at 7:18 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Come on? Where we need focus to draft for any O-lines that we need protect our quarterback like Cowboys had a great O-lines. Why 49ers fans dont like about O-Lines?

Veteran OL almost always perform better than rookie OL. We have money to spend in FA on OL.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
With regards to teams just waiting for us to release Kap so they can get him cheap...well, then they can't guarantee they will get him...only way to be sure is to trade for him. A second will do fine.

yeah he's not getting released (can't cut him if he doesn't pass physical anyway) only way a team can get him this year is thru a trade.

Dd you not see me draft 3 offensive lineman in the draft along with getting a vet OG

• Westerman would make for a solid guard in chip's system, he's a quick twitch athletic OL who put up more reps than any player in the combine he could fight for a starting spot this year
  • Davis AND Kilgore are both coming back 100% healthy and Tiller was the 18th ranked OG this past year.
  • Schwartz when healthy is a solid guard in this league.
  • Tyler Johnstone was compared to Joe Staley before he got injured and know's chips offense.
  • Issac Seumalo has played an started at 4 different positions at Oregon St he's quick with a solid build his only issue is injury.

So I don't want to come off as a dick but do a little research before you think I didn't tackle the OL position...it's totally revamped and also add in a much much better coaching staff and system OH and a new QB that will get rid of the ball quickly.
Originally posted by Ninermonster79:
Restructuring Staley's contract could be a sign the front office will open there wallets for a top free agent linemen. Perhaps Kelechi Osemele or Alex Mack? The latter would have Kilgore competing for a guard spot.

Yeah I wonder if the restructuring of Staley gave him more cash without raising the cap??? That's my biggest issue with bringing in a high priced OL. Our LT is a stud but not paid like a top LT if we signed a OG or C too more cash that Joe is making it could piss off our best player (rightfully so).

IF he got paid more this might be a sign that we are bring in a top dude like Osemele, Mack, or Brooks

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Veteran OL almost always perform better than rookie OL. We have money to spend in FA on OL.

yup totally agree...an it's not like I didn't draft any OL in the draft
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 4, 2016 at 6:26 AM ]
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
I love this draft,it has everything I want, except maybe drafting a CB which is not our weakness,But love the Doctson pick,I have a really good feeling about Doctson,He`s going to be the real deal,a TD machine.....and Goff is a franchise QB waiting to Happen,kinda puts me in the mind of a Cross between Montana and Rodgers, my question though is this, with Mike Thomas and Doctson....and all the WRs already on the team and practice squad,who do you see making the 53? I see T Smith,Smelter,Doctson,Rodgers,Ellington,a split between Patton and Dres Anderson and ANdrew White.

You can take Doctson off this list, he's definitely going RD 1 (probably in the 20s - Vikings & Bengals are good bets).. Baalke goes either front 7 D or OL with 2nd RD pick, depends on who's there on the board (and who they acquire in FA before the draft). 1st RD pick at #7 comes down to either Goff (Wentz), Buckner, Jack or Stanley. Will be very interesting draft day to see how the first 7 picks play out.
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
I love this draft,it has everything I want, except maybe drafting a CB which is not our weakness,But love the Doctson pick,I have a really good feeling about Doctson,He`s going to be the real deal,a TD machine.....and Goff is a franchise QB waiting to Happen,kinda puts me in the mind of a Cross between Montana and Rodgers, my question though is this, with Mike Thomas and Doctson....and all the WRs already on the team and practice squad,who do you see making the 53? I see T Smith,Smelter,Doctson,Rodgers,Ellington,a split between Patton and Dres Anderson and ANdrew White.

You can take Doctson off this list, he's definitely going RD 1 (probably in the 20s - Vikings & Bengals are good bets).. Baalke goes either front 7 D or OL with 2nd RD pick, depends on who's there on the board (and who they acquire in FA before the draft). 1st RD pick at #7 comes down to either Goff (Wentz), Buckner, Jack or Stanley. Will be very interesting draft day to see how the first 7 picks play out.

Yeah his getting some buzz and he should...we all thought Strong was gonna be a 1st round pick and he dropped to the 3rd round so you never know. Mike Thomas for OSU is another big bodied WR that might be sitting there.

I really hope we don't draft Stanley at 7...he's a solid player but I'd rather attacked OL in FA and this is a deep draft. Goff or defense at 7 for me.
Any chance you just forgot to address the RT position? One average FA OG and a couple mid round draft picks aint gonna do it. GabberGoff wouldn't last two games. We need a bigger investment on the O-line.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Any chance you just forgot to address the RT position? One average FA OG and a couple mid round draft picks aint gonna do it. GabberGoff wouldn't last two games. We need a bigger investment on the O-line.

I said at the top this mock that this was based under the idea that Davis comes back...I added the OT from Oregon and I like the upside of brown.
Share 49ersWebzone