LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Ivanm05 Post Combine Mock

Originally posted by jonjt49:
Great work bro love those late guys you highlighted I hope the ninners brass see this post and take notes!

Thanks man. Yeah.. we have a lot of late round picks to really find some diamonds in the rough.
Originally posted by lamontb:
This love this mock but these picks are a little far fetched in my opinion

I'm not really big on Freeman. Why bring in Bruce Irvin then say he shares the load with Harold. Irvin would be taking the majority of snaps. Plus i think he's going to the Jags.

In the end of the day, that may be the case... but for now I just followed the CBS rankings. There's no real parameter to follow otherwise. It all comes down to the value each teams place on these guys, and thats impossible for any of us to predict.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
solid draft and FA...Haeg isn't making it to the 4th and I'm not a fan of Lawler at all.

Schobert going to be moved inside?

I could live with this

Thanks, man. I like Lawler more than anything because of his hands. Guy catches everything, fights at the point of attaclk. And yeah my idea with Schobert is that he would be moved inside.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Really like the Freeman pick up..i think Nyniner had the niners signing him too..not crazy about Irvin tho Baalke supposedly loved him coming out of WVU..your draft is very good..i would love to watch Armstead, Williams, and Buckner grow and dominate..William Jackson had a great day yesterday so he might sneak into the 1st..Prescott would be a great pick in the 4th is hes there..i think hes going to be the 4th QB taken...but good job..

Yeah I think William Jackson may end up sneaking into the late first round after the combine. And yeah, if it's not Goff, I want Prescott.
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Not bad at all, but wouldn't Sanu and Lawler duplicate each other?

I was thinking that....and if that's the case I rather have Lawler. We'll have 2 WR with the biggest mitts!!
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Great offseason! Any Free Agency that solidifies the Oline is already off to a great start! Buckner falling in our laps at 7 is my dream scenario; definitely not a guarantee as we need about three teams to pass on him but I'm hoping for the best.

I think adding Sanu really helps as he would be a solid WR across from Smith and will allow us to bring Smelter along slowly. I also think Patton and Ellington will have solid seasons so I don't see WR being as much of a need as long as we can get a quality one in Free Agency.

Prescott is favorite QB because I think he is a good fit and it allows us to address the defense with the first two or three picks as opposed to grabbing a QB early and them still sitting for about two years while we don't have the top defensive prospects

Haeg is the OT I would go after as well. Small school guy but can be had in the mid-rounds and can develop behind Davis and Brown or move to guard.

Ngakoue is my favorite mid-round pass rusher. In fact, I put him right behind Spence and Ogbah and the fact that he can be had between rounds 3-5 makes him that much more attractive. I think he will be gone by the time you are drafting him so I would take him instead of Schobert. If not him, then I really love Alex McCalister's ability to get to the QB. I think he will be special and can be had around the same time (even though CBS still has him as a 7th-UDFA).

All in all, great mock offseason and we would add a ton of talent this offseason that will allow us to show drastic improvement in 2016 and be prepared to make a run in 2017.

Thanks Sims. We're on the same page man. Agree with you on all your points. Ngakue could go as high as the third and I wouldn't mind throwing a fourth at him if hes still there after getting Prescott . I like McCalister too.. would like to add some weight on that frame though haha
i agree and like the method of addressing the OL thru FA. if AD comes back we really dont need to pick up as many players for the OL as it seems. sign mack at center to get some veteran leadership like when we signed goodwin, then move kilgore to guard where hel probly play better then that leaves only one OL spot for everyone we already have on our roster an everyone we draft to compete for which i think will make the best player rise up for that position. i think in kellys offense AD will need to lose a little weight an whether he does or not i think hel be better off at RG, speed rushers on the edge have always been his weakness so it looks like RT will be the open competition position. it looks like most of the mocks lately have us going DL and LB early which after watching our defense last year i cant disagree with. just not sure which order. i think out of all the losses on defense last year the biggest was losing either p willis or aldon smith. hard to determine which loss was bigger. so i think were best off getting t the best ILB or best pass rusher available at pick #7. i would lean more towards the best ILB available if theres a guy there that can make our mid field defense return to being an impenetrable wall like when we had willis. not sure if any of these guys are that good though.
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Not bad at all, but wouldn't Sanu and Lawler duplicate each other?

I was thinking that....and if that's the case I rather have Lawler. We'll have 2 WR with the biggest mitts!!

Well I like Sanu in the slot. Much in the way Arizona was using Fitzgerald this season... not that I think he'll have that type of production. But i would like him in the slot with Ellington and have T. Smith and Lawler on the outside, bring up Smelter slowly.
also staleys replacement needs to be picked up soon and we have a surplus of picks this year so might as well get a guy now if theres someone in like the 3rd rd that could be a great LT after a few years of learning. we can afford to move up into the 3rd for more picks.
The terrible song in the Buckner video made me stop watching. Is this what the younger generation is calling rap. Garbage! Put on some Tupac or U.G.K.

Originally posted by Baylor:
The terrible song in the Buckner video made me stop watching. Is this what the younger generation is calling rap. Garbage! Put on some Tupac or U.G.K.

Haha yeah.. I think a lot of these highlight guys stray away from the older, better music because of the stricter copyright restrictions with that music... or maybe they just like that music more... but I'm more of a Wu Tang kind of guy myself haha.
Originally posted by stefano89:
also staleys replacement needs to be picked up soon and we have a surplus of picks this year so might as well get a guy now if theres someone in like the 3rd rd that could be a great LT after a few years of learning. we can afford to move up into the 3rd for more picks.

Yeah i think we need to draft a left tackle somewhere in the draft. I like Haeg... maybe Spriggs but you would have to use a 2nd on him.
Ivan...like your off-season program. I'd only make a couple of changes...one is to sign Marvin Jones over Sanu. He's really coming into his own and offers more big play ability than Sanu. Surely wouldn't mind Irvin, but he's stated he'll take less $$ to stay in Seattle. Whitehead (Lions) is a viable option. Nice job, man.
Neither Haeg nor Prescott will fall that far imo. Prescott might even wind up being a 2nd rounder.

Not a fan of Sanu. He's a possession receiver that likely will get paid far more than his production or ability warrants. Would rather roll with Smith, Patton, Ellington, Smelter and Lawler and see what Kelly can get out of them. Would like to see that money go towards OL or even a top flight CB like Sean Smith.

Also Freeman is my caveat emptor pick for FA. A mostly mediocre LB that suddenly turned it on in a contract year. Which Freeman willyou get when he gets paid? I'd rather see the 49ers roll with Hodges whom I see being a lot more fluid in coverage.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 4, 2016 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Ivan...like your off-season program. I'd only make a couple of changes...one is to sign Marvin Jones over Sanu. He's really coming into his own and offers more big play ability than Sanu. Surely wouldn't mind Irvin, but he's stated he'll take less $$ to stay in Seattle. Whitehead (Lions) is a viable option. Nice job, man.

Thanks, Corva. Yeah I love Jones as a receiver. Just as much as you guys. My reasoning with going with Sanu is that Jones is very similar to Torrey in what they bring to the table. I like Sanu because he's a little stronger and can be possession type receiver like we've had in Boldin and Crabtree.

Although bringing in Jones would be awesome.

Yeah I agree. Whitehead is underrated and would not be mad at all if Baalke signed him.
Share 49ersWebzone