LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Any way to make this possible? (trade proposal)

While I believe the Kap Ship has sailed, the idea of drafting a QB so high, drives me a little crazy, being their is no Andrew Luck out there,. I know there are values for picks, etc, etc, etc. But I would really love a deal with Cleveland for the #2 overall, for Kaepernick, our second this year and our #1 next year.

I want to grab Buckner at #2 and Goff at #7. I am ok going with a QB that high if we can get another impact player defensively.

Thoughts?
Originally posted by Iupati77:
While I believe the Kap Ship has sailed, the idea of drafting a QB so high, drives me a little crazy, being their is no Andrew Luck out there,. I know there are values for picks, etc, etc, etc. But I would really love a deal with Cleveland for the #2 overall, for Kaepernick, our second this year and our #1 next year.

I want to grab Buckner at #2 and Goff at #7. I am ok going with a QB that high if we can get another impact player defensively.

Thoughts?

Cleveland would be fools to do this (not saying they already aren't) But trading up to #2 will absolutely have to include our #7 pick and more than likely our 2nd and a future early pick as well, even if Kap is involved. His trade value isn't exactly through the room right now and Cleveland holds all of the leverage as they can easily and happily stay put and grab the QB that Hue wants to mold
No chance
You'd have to include the #7, Kaepernick, this years 2nd and next years 1st...that might get it done.

Trading up isnt worth it.

The only way Id support moving up is if it didnt cost more than a 3rd....like if Jacksonville called up and said "yo the Rams are looking to move up but we dont want to go down that far and miss out on all of our top guys, what can you offer?"
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 29, 2016 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You'd have to include the #7, Kaepernick, this years 2nd and next years 1st...that might get it done.

The only way Id support moving up is if it didnt cost more than a 3rd....like if Jacksonville called up and said "yo the Rams are looking to move up but we dont want to go down that far and miss out on all of our top guys, what can you offer?"

This
I think we have a better shot at moving kaep, our 2nd and a toss in to move back into the late first. Texans come to mind. Goff and Wentz will be gone by then, but with so much defensive talent, having 2 picks in the top 22 doesn't sound all that bad.
[ Edited by frozen49er on Feb 29, 2016 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by frozen49er:
I think we have a better shot at moving kaep, our 2nd and a toss in to move back into the late first. Texans come to mind. Goff and Wentz will be gone by then, but with so much defensive talent, having 2 picks in the top 22 doesn't sound all that bad.

Agreed. Definitely a much better trade than giving up 4 high picks and a starting QB
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This

And more of This
Share 49ersWebzone