Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
What was his arm length???

32 3/4

everyone ripping on Spence's 33 inch arms and I haven't heard a word about lawson's?

Shaq Lawson was never in the conversation for the 7th overall pick. It's definitely a concern though and the primary reason why his teammate Dodd is ranked ahead of him on some boards even though Lawson was the more productive player in college and is the better athlete. I'd only be interested in Lawson in the late first.

Tunsil, Ramsey, Buckner, Wentz, Goff, Bosa, Jack, and Stanley are all better prospects than Lawson. I can't imagine a scenario where Lawson is the pick at 7.

Why hasn't he? I've see. Him mocked in the upper part of the 1st and Cohn (who is awful by the way) has us drafting him in the 1st.

He's regarded as a top 3 OLB in this draft...but I don't hear anyone meantion his lack of arm length.

Let me ask you who do you perfer between Lawson an spence?

I'd prefer Spence. I don't like Lawson at all. Lawson is a little better as a run defender, but Spence will win more 1v1 matchups as a pass rusher. Would rather have Ogbah than either of them by far.

I do like ogbah I think he proved that he has a chance as a OLB after the combine...not a top 10 pick but he might go a little higher then some think.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Per sources, Clemson DE Shaq Lawson's shoulder was flagged at the combine, and he's on the list to go back to Indy for the medical recheck.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
49ers, Panthers schedule workouts and visits with Clemson DE Shaq Lawson --> http://on.nfl.com/1MqnPa6
Originally posted by Jcool:
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
49ers, Panthers schedule workouts and visits with Clemson DE Shaq Lawson --> http://on.nfl.com/1MqnPa6

Hmmm he's my one wild card for SF drafting...maybe in a trade down He doesn't really have the length you want for a OLB though.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like Dodd better

I'm with this guy!
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2m2 minutes ago

#49ers GM Trent Baalke worked out Clemson DE Shaq Lawson today, per sources. Versatile EDGE with top 10 talent.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

#49ers GM Trent Baalke worked out Clemson DE Shaq Lawson today, per sources. Versatile EDGE with top 10 talent.

Worked out Dodd too.

I don't think he's a top 10 talent...would be a solid pick in a trade down though. Just doesn't have the length you want in a top 10 pass rusher IMO
shaq doesn't exactly check every desired "scouting" trait as an edge rusher, but he's a damn good FOOTBALL player. Found a way to be good at everything, and he's only 21! Seems like every edge rusher in this draft is old as hell except for him and Bosa.
I don't think he's a top 10 talent...would be a solid pick in a trade down though. Just doesn't have the length you want in a top 10 pass rusher IMO

There's talk about the Jaguars even potentially taking him at 5. He's a pretty complete player, dominant against the run, a good pass rusher, high end motor, good character guy, length is the only thing missing really.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

There's talk about the Jaguars even potentially taking him at 5. He's a pretty complete player, dominant against the run, a good pass rusher, high end motor, good character guy, length is the only thing missing really.

Great I hope they do drop Jack or Buckner to us then.

He's my out of the blue Baalke pick at 7 though...
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 25, 2016 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Worked out Dodd too.

Read that Dodd was the more natural athlete in LB drills with longer Arms at 34" but may have to lose 10 lbs to play the position
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Read that Dodd was the more natural athlete in LB drills with longer Arms at 34" but may have to lose 10 lbs to play the position

In Chip's practices and sports science program, he will lose 10 lbs no problem

Worked out Dodd too.

Dodd sounds like the Baalke type of pick at No. 7. I bet the zone would go ape sh!t especially if Goff is still available lol.
Originally posted by nothing03:

Worked out Dodd too.

Dodd sounds like the Baalke type of pick at No. 7. I bet the zone would go ape sh!t especially if Goff is still available lol.

Exactly Dodd is the PICK!
http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/3/25/11304296/trent-baalke-49ers-work-out-kevin-dodd-along-with-shaq-lawson?utm_campaign=ninersnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Kevin Dodd -Athletic upfield burst with desired bend and hip flexion to corner the edge. Has length and leverage to become an effective speed-­to­-power rusher. Wore Alabama out with three sacks and two tackles for loss. Tape shows a player who played his best football at the end of the year.will be the man called and we can trade down to get him plus BPA (guard,CB, or WR) in 1st or early 2nd. Lets Go!!!
Share 49ersWebzone