LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Shaq Lawson-DE/OLB-Clemson

Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's the one wild card I could see Baalke picking at 7...

I could see that as well with the explanation of him trying to trade back but not getting anything that was appealing to them. Ideally, I would want Lawson and an additional 2nd as opposed to just taking him at 7. However, if that's who Baalke wants and he can't find a trade partner, 7 will have to do because he certainly won't be there anywhere close to 37
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like Dodd better

This.
He's one of my favorite players in the draft. I wouldn't be upset at all. It might be "too high" by a few spots in terms of draft rankings, but he's a solid choice and well worth any top 10 pick IMO.
I think by draft day he's a very real option for us at 7. To me he projects as a better version of Ahmad Brooks to me
Originally posted by Niners418:
I think by draft day he's a very real option for us at 7. To me he projects as a better version of Ahmad Brooks to me

Second poster to say that. And we save around 8 mill by cutting Brooks. Not a bad idea. Would rather trade back a few spots to get him and another pick.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I would not know what to say about this kid... I think he's a very very good prospect and has a big upside, but I could not see myself drafting him with the 7the overall pick.. while at the same time, I'd hate to see him go to another team as early as 12..

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
What was his arm length???

32 3/4
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

32 3/4

everyone ripping on Spence's 33 inch arms and I haven't heard a word about lawson's?

32 3/4

everyone ripping on Spence's 33 inch arms and I haven't heard a word about lawson's?

Agree. And he is taller if I'm not mistaken

32 3/4

Shaq Lawson was never in the conversation for the 7th overall pick. It's definitely a concern though and the primary reason why his teammate Dodd is ranked ahead of him on some boards even though Lawson was the more productive player in college and is the better athlete. I'd only be interested in Lawson in the late first.

Tunsil, Ramsey, Buckner, Wentz, Goff, Bosa, Jack, and Stanley are all better prospects than Lawson. I can't imagine a scenario where Lawson is the pick at 7.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

32 3/4

Shaq Lawson was never in the conversation for the 7th overall pick. It's definitely a concern though and the primary reason why his teammate Dodd is ranked ahead of him on some boards even though Lawson was the more productive player in college and is the better athlete. I'd only be interested in Lawson in the late first.

Tunsil, Ramsey, Buckner, Wentz, Goff, Bosa, Jack, and Stanley are all better prospects than Lawson. I can't imagine a scenario where Lawson is the pick at 7.

Why hasn't he? I've see. Him mocked in the upper part of the 1st and Cohn (who is awful by the way) has us drafting him in the 1st.

He's regarded as a top 3 OLB in this draft...but I don't hear anyone meantion his lack of arm length.

Let me ask you who do you perfer between Lawson an spence?
Why hasn't he? I've see. Him mocked in the upper part of the 1st and Cohn (who is awful by the way) has us drafting him in the 1st.

He's regarded as a top 3 OLB in this draft...but I don't hear anyone meantion his lack of arm length.

I want some tough, mean mofo's on this team. Lawson, Butler and Westerman.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I want some tough, mean mofo's on this team. Lawson, Butler and Westerman.

Wouldn't hate that as our first 3 picks...I think Lawson could be had with a trade down though.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

32 3/4

I'd prefer Spence. I don't like Lawson at all. Lawson is a little better as a run defender, but Spence will win more 1v1 matchups as a pass rusher. Would rather have Ogbah than either of them by far.
Share 49ersWebzone