There are 217 users in the forums

trade Kaepernick and pick #7 to Cleveland for Pick 2 (assuming Goff is on the board)

win win

Cleveland gets a qb who can win with his feet and maybe his arm, and pick #7 to get Treadwell or ??

The Niners get Jared Goff a qb who wants to playin SF and has precision passes.

I would do this trade all day long, even if the Niners had to throw in a 4th rounder or next years number 3 to make it work
Originally posted by 9erred:
win win

Cleveland gets a qb who can win with his feet and maybe his arm, and pick #7 to get Treadwell or ??

The Niners get Jared Goff a qb who wants to playin SF and has precision passes.

I would do this trade all day long, even if the Niners had to throw in a 4th rounder or next years number 3 to make it work

Everyone would do this because it's an absurdly one sided trade.

Kaepernick is worth almost nothing in a trade. #7, our 2nd round pick, our 3rd round pick, and Kaepernick may not be enough to trade up to #2. We're better off trying to trade up with the Cowboys and picking whichever QB drops there or sitting back at 7 and taking the BPA.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Everyone would do this because it's an absurdly one sided trade.

Kaepernick is worth almost nothing in a trade. #7, our 2nd round pick, our 3rd round pick, and Kaepernick may not be enough to trade up to #2. We're better off trying to trade up with the Cowboys and picking whichever QB drops there or sitting back at 7 and taking the BPA.

This. Trade is way too lopsided. If you're going to trade Kaepernick to Cleveland, trade him in the hopes of them passing on a QB early and going with another player as a result.
It's an absurd trade if you look at the trade chart. But really Cleveland has their choice of QB at #2, so if they'd rather have Kap that means they value him more than the other two QBs. And is the drop-off between #2 and 7 really that steep this year? CLV already has a premiere LT so need for Tunsil.

But I'd rather have their 2nd round pick than move up 5 spots, and I'd rather have Wentz over Goff if we somehow got our pick of the two.

And who really knows what Kap's value is? I mean the tape on him from a few years ago still exists, some ego out there will think they reach his potential, maybe Chip Kelly. Either way we're looking at our 3rd drama filled off-season in a row. It's getting old
He's not worthy that IMO.
I think a 3rd is a steal and the Niners would jump at it.
Originally posted by Escobar:
It's an absurd trade if you look at the trade chart. But really Cleveland has their choice of QB at #2, so if they'd rather have Kap that means they value him more than the other two QBs. And is the drop-off between #2 and 7 really that steep this year? CLV already has a premiere LT so need for Tunsil.

But I'd rather have their 2nd round pick than move up 5 spots, and I'd rather have Wentz over Goff if we somehow got our pick of the two.

And who really knows what Kap's value is? I mean the tape on him from a few years ago still exists, some ego out there will think they reach his potential, maybe Chip Kelly. Either way we're looking at our 3rd drama filled off-season in a row. It's getting old

how to you put someones value of a player into the draft value chart? That chart is based off picks not players.
I might be on the other side of this but I think he will get more than what people on here are thinking...this draft is not chalk full of day one starters and their isn't much in FA we can all agree on this.

He's been to a SB and won multiple playoff games on the road. IF Bradford can get a 2nd for doing nothing his whole career I don't see how Kap couldn't get the same...and all it takes is two teams that want him and reportedly Cleveland and Texans both are interested.
It's possible. They would get their QB and still pick at #7. I'm sure they'd be happy with that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I might be on the other side of this but I think he will get more than what people on here are thinking...this draft is not chalk full of day one starters and their isn't much in FA we can all agree on this.

He's been to a SB and won multiple playoff games on the road. IF Bradford can get a 2nd for doing nothing his whole career I don't see how Kap couldn't get the same...and all it takes is two teams that want him and reportedly Cleveland and Texans both are interested.

I'm with you on this. People were giving up on Alex and he got us two 2nd rounders. Chip said a team offered a 1st for Bradford.

I'm guessing that we'll get atleast a 2nd for Kaepernick.

I brought up this trade a while ago, and it seems good an all if you're a 49er fan, but according to the draft value chart Kaep would have to be valued at 1100 points to equal the trade, that's roughly the value of two 2nd round picks. That's not gonna happen, probably won't get more than a 5th rounder for Kaep.
Originally posted by vermonator:
I brought up this trade a while ago, and it seems good an all if you're a 49er fan, but according to the draft value chart Kaep would have to be valued at 1100 points to equal the trade, that's roughly the value of two 2nd round picks. That's not gonna happen, probably won't get more than a 5th rounder for Kaep.

Draft value charts go out the window when your trading players for picks...not sure why people bring in the trade value chart for this make no sense.

Draft value charts go out the window when your trading players for picks...not sure why people bring in the trade value chart for this make no sense.

I have to agree to disagree. Teams always have and always will use a chart or board of some sort to give value to players and picks. You think teams just go into a draft blind not knowing anybody's value? Come on man.

I have to agree to disagree. Teams always have and always will use a chart or board of some sort to give value to players and picks. You think teams just go into a draft blind not knowing anybody's value? Come on man.

What? Draft value chart is for trading picks not players which is what your were talking about.

Maybe they use their draft board to see what they'd possibly be losing as far at talent at what pick, but I highly doubt they say is Kap with 1,500 pts?
Originally posted by strickac:
It's possible. They would get their QB and still pick at #7. I'm sure they'd be happy with that.

That is my thought. Hue Jackson loved Kaepernick when he scouted him. Hue could get an NFL qb who has been to NFC championship games and a super bowl and a stud player at pick 7. That would pay more imemediate dividends than just a qb. If one read the whole post I also put in a 4th this year or a 3rd next year.
Share 49ersWebzone