LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Ezekiel Elliot in the top 10

• titan
  • Veteran
Experts have him as high as going to the Cowboys. Is he that good? I don't even think he is better than Carlos Hyde and he was late 1st projection. What do you guys think...
Hyde or Elliot?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Gurley has a lot of teams re-thinking their approach to upper echelon RBs. You can't deny his production. If a team thinks he is their missing piece of offense -- why not?
Originally posted by titan:
Experts have him as high as going to the Cowboys. Is he that good? I don't even think he is better than Carlos Hyde and he was late 1st projection. What do you guys think...
Hyde or Elliot?

I'd take Elliot over Hyde, but we don't need both. We have much bigger needs and I don't think Elliot is worth the 7th pick. He's not Todd Gurley. I can't see him going to the Cowboys at 4 over Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, or DeForest Buckner even if they choose not to go QB at 4.
Hyde or Elliot?

Elliott is definitely better than Hyde. I say this as a Buckeye fan.
Hyde is better than Elliot at getting yards.....hard hard fought yards and is better at breaking tackles. I believe Hyde was 2nd to lynch by less than 1% point. Elliot is faster and has better hands but that's it. They both have their advantages
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Hyde or Elliot?

Best expert in the house is a fan. Thanks
I think running backs need to come back into the frame for early picks. But maybe this guy isn't good enough to go quite that early?
He'd be a good fit but we already have Hyde and many holes. I really like him as a player but as a pure RB I prefer Derrick Henry.
Wasn't there a rumor floating around that Murray wants to be traded back to dallas?
Originally posted by TheRambler:

I am 8 miles from campus, and I agree.

As a Michigan fan, from what my eyes saw, he is better than Hyde. Would be nice to get a star.. I dont care in what position, we need a star and some playmakers in this draft. If we can steal him late in the first round i would be thrilled.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Wasn't there a rumor floating around that Murray wants to be traded back to dallas?

Unlikely. Philly would have to take a massive cap hit in order to trade him.
I hope someone grab him in the top 6! I think he is going to be good but we do not need to address RB that early in the draft, hopefully that will help Buckner fall to us, thats my draft crush. Him and Armstead could wreak havoc for years
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I think running backs need to come back into the frame for early picks. But maybe this guy isn't good enough to go quite that early?

It would be a huge win if Dallas takes Elliot. 1) It pushes a blue chip defensive prospect closer to us. 2) If we trade Kap, it eliminate Dallas as a threat to take a QB.

We should all be hoping this rumor comes true no matter what direction we want Baalke to go.
I would love for Dallas to draft him. Doubt they'd be that stupid though.
Share 49ersWebzone