LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

OLB/DE Dadi Nicolas

49ers have met with Dadi Nicolas an option if Noah Spence is gone. Kid has a quick first step! Nice prospect!
Lol I just posted this in another thread

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/2/26/11121308/49ers-pre-draft-meetings-dadi-nicolas-2016-nfl-combine?utm_campaign=ninersnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Gonna have to pack on the muscle

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dadi-nicolas?id=2555254

6-3 only 235 but has 35 1/4 arms and 10 1/2 inch hands
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 26, 2016 at 1:49 PM ]
Struggled this past year and will definitely have to pack on some muscle. I would prefer Maryland's Yannick Ngakoue in the mid-rounds but we if can't grab Spence or Ngakoue, I wouldn't mind taking Nicolas in the mid-rounds.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Struggled this past year and will definitely have to pack on some muscle. I would prefer Maryland's Yannick Ngakoue in the mid-rounds but we if can't grab Spence or Ngakoue, I wouldn't mind taking Nicolas in the mid-rounds.

Maybe they move him inside?
Guy was kind of misused this past year. Much like Harold he needs muscle. That speed though is legit.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Possibility but I think his strength is pass rushing which is more suited for the edge. I don't think he has the strength to bang with NFL Guards on a consistent basis. He needs to utilize that speed to get around linemen
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Who's your Dadi!
Originally posted by jimrat:
Who's your Dadi!

Lol I like it! draft this kid!
4th or 5th rd? or do you think He will go higher. I`m getting a n Idea who the 9ers are going to be drafting,usually Baalke draft those guys He has talked to, I could be wrong but it looks like He `ll be drafting Stanely @ #7
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Possibility but I think his strength is pass rushing which is more suited for the edge. I don't think he has the strength to bang with NFL Guards on a consistent basis. He needs to utilize that speed to get around linemen

Neither did Navorro Bowman coming out of college.
WEAKNESSES
Durability is a bit of a concern. Has a somewhat slight frame for a linebacker. There are character questions surrounding Bowman from a few incidents in college. Only has average size and average strength. His ability to take on and shed blockers is in question. Can play over-aggressive at times.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/navorro-bowman?id=496901

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Kid seems kind of light to be in a 3-4?? 235 pounds, didn't he play at 225 in college??
Late round pick. 3rd down pass rusher that struggles to hold up versus the run. Limited strength-wise, older(24) but still pretty raw. He's got pretty good closing speed though, can rundown a QB or RB.
After reading the NFL.com draft profile, this kid looks like a developmental project. He was misused at VA Tech, playing too much DE and not enough OLB. That'll change in the pros, but as a guy who got into football fairly late (senior in high school), he'll need considerable coaching up and will have to add at least 10 lbs of muscle.
After reading his draft profile, maybe they convert him to an ILB that they obviously have to develop. His measurables are more than ideal for that than an OLB.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
He wasn't that dominant last year, nor was he even as loud as ELI was 2 years ago... so, I say NO!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone