There are 203 users in the forums

Christian Westerman-OG-ASU

I like Westerman as a guy who could come in and play at either guard or center. He's already experienced in playing in a zone blocking scheme and is a pretty physical guard that plays tough with a high motor. He's very intelligent and plays with good awareness, technically sound and a guy that I can see being a good starter at the NFL level.

One of my favorite guards in this draft!
What round do you project him going and what are his physical stats??
Did 34 reps at the bench press, most among all OL. Strong dude.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Top of the third round (Maybe to us )

6'3''
33 1/2 arms
Had to bump this thread as I could definitely see him getting interest from the 49ers in the draft. With as technically sound as he is, if not a guard, he projects well to center.

NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein compared Arizona State G Christian Westerman to Browns C Alex Mack.
Wrote Zierlein, "Offensive line coaches will appreciate Westerman's technical savvy and zone scheme teams will covet his fluidity and blocking ability on the move." The 6-foot-4, 301-pounder slots into Zierlein colleague Chad Reuter's recent mock draft as a fourth-round selection by the Patriots. That's a ways off from Mack (who was drafted at pick No. 21 by the Browns in the 2009 draft), but it's important to remember that when analysts offer comps, they aren't necessarily 1:1 comparisons. "A move to center is not out of the question thanks to his body type and quickness and his draft stock may be helped by a potential ability to offer roster depth at several offensive line positions," Zierlein concludes

Arizona State G Christian Westerman is "one of the best pass-protecting guards in the class," according to Pro Football Focus.
Pro Football Focus graded him out last year as the No. 8 pass protecting G in this draft class (+8.4 grade). Westerman finished No. 38 as a run blocker (+3.3). While Westerman is being viewed as a zone blocker, PFF says he can play in any scheme. "While Westerman's size and movement skills project to a zone blocking scheme, some of his best work comes on down blocks and pulls, so a man/gap scheme is not out of the question," it concluded
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 3, 2016 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Top of the third round (Maybe to us )

6'3''
33 1/2 arms

This. Would be an absolute steal at 68 as he could and will start immediately and if we can get a starter at a position of need in the 3rd round, that is phenomenal value
Share 49ersWebzone