LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

If we don't draft a QB @ 7, which second tier QB do you want?

If we don't draft a QB @ 7, which second tier QB do you want?

Assuming We don't draft a QB @ 7, which second tier QB do you want
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Well, from the list you have up there, I'd take NATE SUDFELD... something about this kid.. it's almost as if he carried Indiana on his shoulder all year long...

This may be too early, but I really would invest a 3rd on this kid..

another project I would welcome even as a late 6 or 7th, is the kid from Michigan.. Jake Ruddock
Dak Prescott. I went from laughing at the possibility of him playing QB in the NFL last year to being pretty convinced of his potential.

He's a guy that you'd be best served sitting for a couple of seasons but he's got a lot of upside. Very good build for QB, he's almost built like a RB, very durable. Highly athletic, can beat teams with his feet when needed. As a passer he's improved by leaps and bounds, much more comfortable and confident throwing from the pocket, good accuracy on short to intermediate throws, quick delivery, still lacking on deep accuracy but his substantial improvement from 2014 to 2015 has me thinking that he is a guy that is definitely trending upwards and will be able to continue to improve. He has been lauded for his leadership ability as well. What he did at Mississippi State this year, with no real run game and shoddy blocking upfront was pretty special. 3,800 yards passing, 29 TD's and 5 INT's in the SEC with a crap OL. That is excellent. I wouldn't be shocked if he winds up as a mid to late 2nd round guy during the draft.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2016 at 12:52 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Noone. It will be totally unacceptable for Baalke not to draft our next franchise QB at 7th.

Anyone outside of Goff and possibly Wentz are just lottery pick QB projects.

If the 9ers want to draft a legit franchise QB then they will have to invest that 1st round pick, if not they are just basically messing around.
I voted for Cook but I would take Hogan or Hackenberg
Oh yeah. The hype is real.

Fred Smoot ‏@Fsmoot21SeanT I think Dak Prescott is the next Russell Wilson, the leadership ,the mobility, the deep pass game and the intangibles

Daniel Jeremiah Verified account ‏@MoveTheSticks Feb 18 The more I study Dak Prescott, the more I like him. Impressed with his poise.

Matt Miller ‎@nfldraftscout Watch Dak Prescott vs. NC State and you walk away thinking this guy could start in the NFL.

Matt Miller ‎@nfldraftscout If you want a QB who can make things happen with his arm and legs when the protection breaks down, you'll like Dak Prescott a lot.

Matt Miller ‎@nfldraftscout take alert: I like Dak Prescott more than Connor Cook.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2016 at 12:57 PM ]
yeah, Prescott's stock seems to be rising
If you draft Dak Prescott, are you saying we carry 3 QBs? Because Baalke already made it clear that the 49ers plan to keep Kaepernick and let him compete with Blain.
Originally posted by daragon:
If you draft Dak Prescott, are you saying we carry 3 QBs? Because Baalke already made it clear that the 49ers plan to keep Kaepernick and let him compete with Blain.

Absolutely. Gabbert is a FA at seasons end and Kaepernick looked shellshocked last season. I still think Kaepernick gets traded but going into a season with just those two guys would be a recipe for disaster.

I think no matter what happens they will roll with 3 QBs.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2016 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Absolutely. Gabbert is a FA at seasons end and Kaepernick looked shellshocked last season. I still think Kaepernick gets traded but going into a season with just those two guys would be a recipe for disaster.

this

Anyone but Cook.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by daragon:

Fair enough. I think that could work. This will be a fun offseason for sure. Just wish we could bolster our WR unit.
You also have to account for the possibility of an injury. Carrying 3 qbs is a definite possibility.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Noone. It will be totally unacceptable for Baalke not to draft our next franchise QB at 7th.

If the 9ers want to draft a legit franchise QB then they will have to invest that 1st round pick, if not they are just basically messing around.

Hope you don't commit suicide if it doesn't happen as you want
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Rascal:

Hope you don't commit suicide if it doesn't happen as you want

I'd be a shame because the potential "Jared Goff" thread on NFL Talk wouldn't be the same without Rascal.
Share 49ersWebzone