LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 181 users in the forums

How do the Niners end up with the guy you want?

• Andra
  • Veteran
I thought it might be fun to see how people think the first round of the draft will go so that the Niners end up with the guy you want. This is what I think will happen and what I am hoping for. What do you think and what do you want to see happen?

1. Tennessee: Laremy Tunsil Ol (Ole Miss)
2. Cleveland: Jared Goff QB (Cal)
3. San Diego: Joey Bosa DL (Ohio state)
4. Dallas: Myles Jack ILB (UCLA)
5. Jacksonville: Jalen Ramsey CB (Florida State)
6. Baltimore: Ronnie Stanley OL (Notre Dame)
7. San Francisco: Deforest Buckner DL (Oregon)

There's my dream, what's yours?
Sorry if there is a thread like this already.
This is exactly how it see it going down (maybe a trade for wentz before us though)

Buckner is my favorite player in the draft, if he's gone I could live with...

Spence-top need IMO on defense
Ramsey-dude is a stud and we drop bethea if that happens.
Wentz/Goff-I really think both could be special under chip's offense. I'm really starting to warm up to wentz.
Jack-day one starter perfect fit opposite of Bow.

Got some solid options, really wish we would have lost that meaningless game vs the Rams two spots makes a huge difference in the top 10
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This is exactly how it see it going down (maybe a trade for wentz before us though)

Wentz/Goff-I really think both could be special under chip's offense. I'm really starting to warm up to wentz.

Got some solid options, really wish we would have lost that meaningless game vs the Rams two spots makes a huge difference in the top 10

I agree.
The one team I could see grabbing Buckner is SanDiego if that happens I hope Dallas goes after Bosa and the Niners get Jack.
Originally posted by Andra:

I agree.
The one team I could see grabbing Buckner is SanDiego if that happens I hope Dallas goes after Bosa and the Niners get Jack.

Yeah that could be a landing spot for Buckner...there OL was god awful last year and Stanley is regarded by some as the best tackling in the draft.

We will see! I just hope Baalke doesn't pull some wild card lol
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Yeah that could be a landing spot for Buckner...there OL was god awful last year and Stanley is regarded by some as the best tackling in the draft.

No kidding. When he picked Tartt last year my Jaw dropped I never heard of him before. I never heard of Samford college for that matter

No kidding. When he picked Tartt last year my Jaw dropped I never heard of him before. I never heard of Samford college for that matter

Yeah I was hoping for Kendricks who went one pick before us...then I though perryman or strong might be the pick, I was blown away with the tarrt pick lol.

After watching tape I felt like it was a good pick just didn't think safety should have been the pick.

I'm sure we will have some head scratchers again just hope it's not at 7.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Andra.
Yeah I was hoping for Kendricks who went one pick before us...then I though perryman or strong might be the pick, I was blown away with the tarrt pick lol.

After watching tape I felt like it was a good pick just didn't think safety should have been the pick.

I'm sure we will have some head scratchers again just hope it's not at 7.

I really wanted Strong last year as well
I think Baltimore would take Buckner before Stanley
I really wanted Strong last year as well

Same here...didn't think he drop to the 3rd
Don't care as long as we end up with Goff, think he's the best qb in the draft and under chips offense could be a stud. People will say qb isn't a need but with the rumors of kap not wanting to be around and his inability to progress through his reads and lack of mental toughness I feel like its time to move on from him and Gabbert is not and will never be the answer.

1-Titans-Tunsil
2-Browns-Wentz
3-Chargers-Buckner
4-Cowboys-Bosa
5-Jaguars-Spence
6-Ravens-Ramsey
7-49ers-Goff

Bewm!
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SleezyT916:
Don't care as long as we end up with Goff, think he's the best qb in the draft and under chips offense could be a stud. People will say qb isn't a need but with the rumors of kap not wanting to be around and his inability to progress through his reads and lack of mental toughness I feel like its time to move on from him and Gabbert is not and will never be the answer.

I see where you are going and I am warming up to Goff. But it just kills me to use the 7th pick of the draft on a player that will hold a clipboard for at least a season. He could very well though be a worthwhile Investment.
Originally posted by Since07:
I think Baltimore would take Buckner before Stanley

I don't see that, I think Baltimore goes Stanley if there, because they can move on from Eugene Monroe, who isn't worth the contract he signed.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
1-Titans-Tunsil
2-Browns-Wentz
3-Chargers-Buckner
4-Cowboys-Bosa
5-Jaguars-Spence
6-Ravens-Ramsey
7-49ers-Goff

Bewm!

Showing my age here what does Bewm mean?
If both Goff and Wentz go before pick 7 there should be some interesting options. Furthermore, if one of them is on the board at 7 we could get a mid to late first with another 2 or 3 added on in a trade down.
Share 49ersWebzone