LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

WR Roger Lewis 6' 1 199 Lbs BGSU

Deep threat

2015: Started in and played all 14 games at wide receiver … declared for NFL Draft … will participate in NFL Combine – the first BGSU player to do so since Chris Jones following the 2012 season … named FWAA second team All-America, the first Falcon since Jones in 2012 to earn the honor … recognized as a third team Associated Press All-American, the first Falcon since 1994 … named first team All-MAC at wide receiver … honored by Sports Illustrated as an honorable mention All-American … awarded Paul Warfield Trophy, given annually to nation's top receiver by Touchdown Club of Columbus … a Biletnikoff Award semifinalist … finished career fifth in school history with 2,673 receiving yards … was 10th in school history with 158 career receptions … his 23 touchdowns are sixth-most in school history … finished fifth in school history with 85 catches in 2015 … had 1,544 receiving yards, second-most in school history … totaled 16 receiving touchdowns, second-most in school history for a single season … scored a touchdown in 10 different games, and multiple touchdowns in five games … caught a pass in all 28 career games … the only player in school history to have at least 200 yards receiving in back-to-back games, or three career games … caught 15 passes (fifth-most in school history for a single game) for 200 yards (9th in school history) in a win at Maryland … had two touchdowns in that game … had seven catches for 261 yards (2nd in school history) and three touchdowns the following week, earning MAC East Offensive Player of the Week honors … had 10 catches for 201 yards (8th in school history) in a road victory at Buffalo to open up MAC play … had a five-game stretch to open conference play in which he caught at least one touchdown and had 100 yards receiving in each game … had eight catches for 142 yards and a score in an Oct. 10 win over UMass … had two touchdowns the following week in a win over Akron (Oct. 17) on six receptions for 118 yards … had his fourth straight game – and sixth of the season – with at least 100 yards in a road win at Kent State (Oct. 24) when he caught four passes for 102 yards and two touchdowns – both of which earned him a spot on SportsCenter's Top Ten plays … had six catches for 102 yards and a touchdown in a win over Ohio (Nov. 4) … had two touchdown receptions in a MAC East-clinching win at Western Michigan (Nov. 11) … scored a touchdown in each of the MAC Championship Game win over Northern Illinois (6 catches, 75 yards) and GoDaddy Bowl Game loss to Georgia Southern (3 receptions, 68 yards).

2014: Named first team All-MAC at wide receiver, the first true freshman to earn that honor since Brian McClure in 1982 … caught 73 passes for 1,093 yards and seven touchdowns … became the first freshman in school history to record at least 1,000 yards receiving … was just the seventh player in school history to have a season of 1,000 yards receiving … had six games of 100 yards receiving … named Athlon MAC Player of the Week following a 16-catch, 149-yard receiving performance in a win over Indiana … his 16 catches were a Doyt L. Perry Stadium record … caught nine passes for 148 yards in a win over UMass on Sept. 27 … caught four passes for 137 yards and a season-high two touchdowns in the Camellia Bowl win over South Alabama on Dec. 20 … started all 14 games for the Falcons.

Draft Projection: Late 2nd-3rd Round
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Feb 18, 2016 at 5:01 PM ]
6'5 and 199 .......good Lord get that man a cheeseburger.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He`s 6 '5/8" not 6' 5" and He is football fast,would like Him and torry not taking the top off but tearing the top completely off defenses with them on the field defenses would have to commit 4DBs to 2 WRs and the slot wr will be killing defenses underneath or gashing the defense with Running the ball.....Hmmmmm let`s get this guy
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

He`s 6 '5/8" not 6' 5" and He is football fast,would like Him and torry not taking the top off but tearing the top completely off defenses with them on the field defenses would have to commit 4DBs to 2 WRs and the slot wr will be killing defenses underneath or gashing the defense with Running the ball.....Hmmmmm let`s get this guy

He sure has a nice way of separating from defenders. Has an extra gear when the ball is in his hands.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
is that the only HIGHLIGHT he's got??

Jake Reed all over again, uhmmmm... NAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Martavius Bryant is only 201 lbs i think. Being that slim gives them that speed.
I'm a huge fan. And he is around 6-1 not 6-5.
Guess I'll change the height since people keep reading it as 6'5 instead of 6' 5/8" lol
Didn't he get in trouble for rape or something?

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yes, that´s the reason he could be there in the fourth round.

In February of 2012, Lewis was meant to be announcing which school he would be attending. Instead, he was in jail facing two charges of felony rape. Eventually he was found not guilty of one count and accepted three years' probation after pleading down to falsification in exchange for dismissal of the rape charge. Once the legal troubles were behind him, and after playing the 2013 season at Jireh Prep School (35-900, 13 TDs receiving), Lewis signed with Bowling Green. His impact was swift, earning first-team All-MAC honors after catching 73 passes for 1,093 and seven scores. Lewis dominated the MAC again as a sophomore, grabbing 85 balls for 1,544 yards (which ranked second in the FBS) and 16 touchdowns. Lewis made the most of his second chance, and after leaving school early, is in prime condition to achieve his dream of playing in the NFL.
Originally posted by SF_Warrior:

Yes, that´s the reason he could be there in the fourth round.

In February of 2012, Lewis was meant to be announcing which school he would be attending. Instead, he was in jail facing two charges of felony rape. Eventually he was found not guilty of one count and accepted three years' probation after pleading down to falsification in exchange for dismissal of the rape charge. Once the legal troubles were behind him, and after playing the 2013 season at Jireh Prep School (35-900, 13 TDs receiving), Lewis signed with Bowling Green. His impact was swift, earning first-team All-MAC honors after catching 73 passes for 1,093 and seven scores. Lewis dominated the MAC again as a sophomore, grabbing 85 balls for 1,544 yards (which ranked second in the FBS) and 16 touchdowns. Lewis made the most of his second chance, and after leaving school early, is in prime condition to achieve his dream of playing in the NFL.

Boy not sure if I want to touch that.
Ah didn't know about the rape thing. Can see him falling a bit. Found this on twitter

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout Feb 9

Roger Lewis (WR-BGSU) pleaded guilty to falsifying statements after being accused of rape 2x (charge dropped).

Why not, He was found not GUILTY on one charge and the other was dismissed and it was 3 years ago,come on NY85 you`re better then that, I`m all for this guy being drafted to the 9ers,,,He`s been clean since....He`s not a problem...this country is being run by toooo many damn women and it is fogging up you MEN minds and views,Too much PC crap,next Soccer will become the main sports in the U.S.yes Soccer ,,YUCK! and btw Have anyone noticed how ALL the Sportschannels has like 20 women TalkingHeads now, and the last thing I want to here is some women bashing guys who had some run in with the law and givening their slighted viewpoint about it,,,laugh and bad mouth me if you want to be it want be long before some of you guys start to be really feminized.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

Why not, He was found not GUILTY on one charge and the other was dismissed and it was 3 years ago,come on NY85 you`re better then that, I`m all for this guy being drafted to the 9ers,,,He`s been clean since....He`s not a problem...this country is being run by toooo many damn women and it is fogging up you MEN minds and views,Too much PC crap,next Soccer will become the main sports in the U.S.yes Soccer ,,YUCK! and btw Have anyone noticed how ALL the Sportschannels has like 20 women TalkingHeads now, and the last thing I want to here is some women bashing guys who had some run in with the law and givening their slighted viewpoint about it,,,laugh and bad mouth me if you want to be it want be long before some of you guys start to be really feminized.

Lol I don't care about being politically correct or whatever....ill have to watch some tape on the kid didn't watch many bowling green game ya know

But that's all I know about him is the rape stuff...id rather grab someone like Miller in the 3rd or get Sanu in FA...but I'll check him out some more
Share 49ersWebzone