LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Strickac's Mock 1.0

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by strickac:
I think an Irvin/Jack duo far exceeds a Trevathan/Spence combo, but that's just me. Trevathan and Marshall are good players, but they're going to be vastly overpaid coming off the SB high. They were nice compliments, not instrumental guys.

I disagree on that I love Jack and would be pumped to get him but Danny T is a fine player and spence would be a building block and plays a much more important position.

I'd rather give Danny T a 5 year $40 million year deal than give Bruce a 5 year $55 million dollar deal plus we'd get spence for cheap for 5 years

How about a compromise

FA - Bruce Irvin
1. Deforest Buckner
2. Scooby Wright
3. Who ever you want
[ Edited by strickac on Feb 18, 2016 at 7:48 PM ]
I think an Irvin/Jack duo far exceeds a Trevathan/Spence combo, but that's just me. Trevathan and Marshall are good players, but they're going to be vastly overpaid coming off the SB high. They were nice compliments, not instrumental guys.

I disagree on that I love Jack and would be pumped to get him but Danny T is a fine player and spence would be a building block and plays a much more important position.

I'd rather give Danny T a 5 year $40 million year deal than give Bruce a 5 year $55 million dollar deal plus we'd get spence for cheap for 5 years

How about a compromise

FA - Bruce Irvin
1. Deforest Buckner
2. Scooby Wright
3. Who ever you want

Lol it's your mock man do whatever you want I like scooby and Buckner for sure!

I just don't see the value in Irvin at least not that kind of cash. He's avg like 5 sacks a year? I'd rather roll out Eli and spend that cash elsewhere.

We have a chance to grab the best 3-4 OLB in spence. I say if Goff and Buckner are both gone he should be the pick

I just don't see the value in Irvin at least not that kind of cash. He's avg like 5 sacks a year? I'd rather roll out Eli and spend that cash elsewhere.

We have a chance to grab the best 3-4 OLB in spence. I say if Goff and Buckner are both gone he should be the pick

I really don't enjoy saying nice things about Seahawks, but... Irvin was very effective as a pass rusher. As a rookie, he was used as a situational rusher and he tallied 8 sacks. With Bennett and Avril getting after the QB and Irvin's ability in coverage, his stats don't reflect his ability as an edge rusher.

Trent was all over him in the draft though. He'll be a guy we pursue.

I really don't enjoy saying nice things about Seahawks, but... Irvin was very effective as a pass rusher. As a rookie, he was used as a situational rusher and he tallied 8 sacks. With Bennett and Avril getting after the QB and Irvin's ability in coverage, his stats don't reflect his ability as an edge rusher.

Trent was all over him in the draft though. He'll be a guy we pursue.

I do remember Baalke wanting him...I don't want to throw $55 million at him though. I'd rather have Spence for cheap also I just don't see any of the top tier defensive FAs wanting to play under chip unless we over pay a ton.

get the OL fixed in FA and load up on a s**t ton of young defensive talent in the draft
Solid job on the mock
Share 49ersWebzone