There are 304 users in the forums

My Wheel and Deal Mock

So we all know Baalke loves accumulating picks because it give him a lot of options. It allows him to be aggressive if he wants to. And I think he might just do that this coming draft. This is my version of what he could do. Now I won't do any aggressive trades with the later picks because you can't do much with them as far as moving up. I expect Baalke to trade out of some of them and turn them into 4th and 5th rounders for next year... but I'll just go ahead and pick players.

1st Round

He trades back into the midteens, anywhere between 13-17...and he picks up an extra 3rd round pick this year. The pick:

Reggie Ragland - ILB

2nd Round

The pick: Johnathan Bullard - DE - Florida

If Bullard's gone Kevin Dodd would be option B...

NOW... a WR slips into the bottom of the 2nd round and Baalke uses his original third, one of his 4ths, and one of his fifths to go back into the 2nd and grab..

Tyler Boyd - WR - Pitt

3rd Round:

Bronson Kaufusi - OLB - BYU

4th Round

Spencer Drango - OG - Baylor

5th Round

Dak Prescott - QB - Mississipi State

Deiondre Hall - CB - UNI

6th Round

Aaron Green - RB - TCU

Ian Seau - OLB - Nevada

Geronimo Allison - WR - Illinois

Nile -Lawrence-Sample DT - Florida

[ Edited by ivanm05 on Feb 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM ]
I'm not Big on Ragland. He is a decent thumper and good in handling the run but is not all that great in coverage. The coverage part scares me enough that I don't like him. If he was there in round 2 I can see it but not round 1.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I'm not Big on Ragland. He is a decent thumper and good in handling the run but is not all that great in coverage. The coverage part scares me enough that I don't like him. If he was there in round 2 I can see it but not round 1.

Yeah it's hard finding LB's that are great in coverage. Ideally I would've loved to grab Jaylon Smith. It's a shame he suffered that injury, and at this point as good as he is Baalke can't afford to take another injured player so high.
Originally posted by ivanm05:

Yeah it's hard finding LB's that are great in coverage. Ideally I would've loved to grab Jaylon Smith. It's a shame he suffered that injury, and at this point as good as he is Baalke can't afford to take another injured player so high.
Go after miles Jack instead of Goff
Go after miles Jack instead of Goff

I like Myles Jack too bro.. but again.. I wonder if he'll take another injured player there in the 1st. And to get Jack we'd have to get him there at 7.
Jack will be ready to go. As far as I know he will be doing everything at the combine. He's very close to 100%
Jack will be ready to go. As far as I know he will be doing everything at the combine. He's very close to 100%

Came out yesterday he isn't cleared for the combine.

Actually, I believe he is doing interviews and only the " bench press"... Not much else
Better get a LOT more than a single 3rd moving back 7-10 spots.
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 17, 2016 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Better get a LOT more than a single 3rd moving back 7-10 spots.

Yeah In a real life scenario I realize you would get more.. but the compensation wouldn't always be for the same draft. Most times it would be like an extra 3rd, a 4th, and maybe a third or fourth the following year. I just didn't want to make it too complicated, you know?

Originally posted by highway49:

Actually, I believe he is doing interviews and only the " bench press"... Not much else

Thanks for the update. I hadn't heard that. Well I'm pretty confident he will be ready to go before training camp begins. He will probably be close to doing things or will be doing things for his ProDay. Either way he will be ready to go for whoever draft him
Share 49ersWebzone