LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

NYniner85 pre-combine mock 2016

Originally posted by kentc1978:
So far my favorite mock offseason!

Thanks man I wanted to try an be realistic
Originally posted by Mdizzle27:
Like the Spence, Butler, Miller and Prosise picks. Butler might not be there in the second, but I'd gladly take Miller especially in the third even if he's raw as a WR. His athleticism, speed and ability to line up pretty much anywhere in the field is the versatility Chip needs.

yeah I have a feeling he will be moving up after the combine...please god not to the Seahawks Chis Jones from Miss St is someone that checks a lot of the Baalke boxes as well.

Also I have a felling Miller might push up the draft after the combine, that's why I also said there's no way we keep all of our picks need to move up for quality in this draft IMO.
Yeah I don't expect all 12 of the projected picks to actually be utilized. Maybe 8 at most. Trent should be wheeling and dealing up and down the board.
Nice mock
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sounds like butler is moving up the boards

Louisiana Tech DL Vernon Butler is projected as the No. 13 selection in Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock draft.

The story isn't that Jeremiah mocks Butler to the Eagles, it is that Butler is projected ahead of prospects like A'Shawn Robinson, Robert Nkemdiche, Andrew Billing and Jarran Reed. Our own Josh Norris recently ranked Butler as a top-20 prospect and ahead of many of the names mentioned, citing Butler's movement and pass rushing ability despite his 6-foot-4 325-pound frame. Butler reminds Norris a lot of Mo Wilkerson. "The buzz on Butler is building following an outstanding week at the Senior Bowl," Jeremiah writes. Feb 17 - 10:14 AM

Sucks if he's not there in the 2nd id like chris jones as well... i think he is a top 15 player

i know this is a big if but if he played this wat in SEC he would go #1 overall

so much frickin upside with him and he looks technically good some minor issues
[ Edited by harryj on Feb 21, 2016 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by harryj:
Sounds like butler is moving up the boards

Louisiana Tech DL Vernon Butler is projected as the No. 13 selection in Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock draft.

The story isn't that Jeremiah mocks Butler to the Eagles, it is that Butler is projected ahead of prospects like A'Shawn Robinson, Robert Nkemdiche, Andrew Billing and Jarran Reed. Our own Josh Norris recently ranked Butler as a top-20 prospect and ahead of many of the names mentioned, citing Butler's movement and pass rushing ability despite his 6-foot-4 325-pound frame. Butler reminds Norris a lot of Mo Wilkerson. "The buzz on Butler is building following an outstanding week at the Senior Bowl," Jeremiah writes. Feb 17 - 10:14 AM

Sucks if he's not there in the 2nd id like chris jones as well... i think he is a top 15 player

i know this is a big if but if he played this wat in SEC he would go #1 overall

so much frickin upside with him and he looks technically good some minor issues

Yeah dude is a beast...he isn't better than Buckner though. Butler's pad level can be a little high and he's not as consistent, but man I'd love to grab him even if we have to move up into the late first. Let's get that DL where it needs to be!

Spence an butler as our 1st two picks
Yeah dude is a beast...he isn't better than Buckner though. Butler's pad level can be a little high and he's not as consistent, but man I'd love to grab him even if we have to move up into the late first. Let's get that DL where it needs to be!

i have both rated highly as a 3-4DE i agree buckner is better butler i think is better as a DT than buckner that being said both can play either well

ya spence and butler (or any of the DT - really they're a lot of talented DT or 3-4DE) would really take this D to a huge level spend some money ona CB in FA and we fix this D
Originally posted by harryj:

i have both rated highly as a 3-4DE i agree buckner is better butler i think is better as a DT than buckner that being said both can play either well

ya spence and butler (or any of the DT - really they're a lot of talented DT or 3-4DE) would really take this D to a huge level spend some money ona CB in FA and we fix this D

Yeah there are some solid DL in this draft...Chris jones might be worth a look in the 2nd as well.

I almost threw Sean smith in my mock but Baalke doesn't really throw out big cash for CBs but then again he's never had his kind of cap space, who knows what he's gonna go lol.
I love this draft!
Originally posted by davidboutte:
I love this draft!

Thanks man!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Where do you guys see Butler being drafted?? is he really 6'2 as they listed, because he looks shorter than 6'2" each time I see him play..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Where do you guys see Butler being drafted?? is he really 6'2 as they listed, because he looks shorter than 6'2" each time I see him play..

NFL draft has him at 6-3

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/vernon-butler?id=2555243

I think after the combine he sneaks up into the 1st which blows...I can see him playing all over the line and think he can play RDE for us.

I'm praying he drops and at the very least doesn't go to the Seahawks
Originally posted by Mdizzle27:
Yeah I don't expect all 12 of the projected picks to actually be utilized. Maybe 8 at most. Trent should be wheeling and dealing up and down the board.

All those stockpiled 6th and 7th round picks are virtually valueless for wheeling and dealing. At most, Baalke may be able to trade a 6th for a 5th next year if a team is in love with a particular player and they expect him to be drafted before their turn. Otherwise, those late picks -- usually having as much chance as UDFAs to make an NFL team -- are helpful only for staffing a practice squad. The supplemental picks, of course, can't be dealt.

Frankly, a team that routinely has six picks in the first five rounds and nothing else is probably in better shape than a team with only five in those rounds and a dozen overall.
Share 49ersWebzone