LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

NYniner85 pre-combine mock 2016

Originally posted by Brando85:
I can dig it

I didn't see you move Kap. Safe to assume you envision on the team in '16?

Yeah I don't see him going anywhere unless we get some crazy value for him or a top QB falls into our laps.

I'm fine with Kap and blain battling it out in training camp
Who cares about Spence's power if he can't apply it due to short arms
Would rather go after Buckner or any ILB is falling to us in round 1.

Round 2 is good.

Miller in round 3 is a nice gamble, I like.

Don't like any QB-pick on day 3 unless it is a high-talented guy falling due to some off-the-field stuff.

Don't know about s**ttu. Like you already stated, he seems to be more of a 43-DE. Rather like WR Williams.
How about DT Adam Gotsis from Georgia Tech who seems to be a scheme fit?

RB Prosise seems to be a nice picup on the first glance. However, durability seems to be a concern due to a)upright running and b)injury-proneness itself. Don't know about that one. We already got Hyde.
How about RB Drake from Alabama?
[ Edited by communist on Feb 16, 2016 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Alex Mack in free agency, Spence and my boy Yannick later in the draft.

sign me up.

I do think you're a little unrealistic on Miller in the 3rd but who knows.

Yeah that was my one real reach but I'm gonna go ahead and say we will be trading some of those picks...if he's gone and someone like sterling or Boyd are there I'm cool with that.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Free agency was spot on. Love the investment in the Oline. Ian Williams definitely a high priority to resign, Boldin I'm on the fence about. I want to say that I'd like to see more of an investment in the offense in the early part of the draft, but the team has so many holes that it's hard to go wrong with what you have. Need to see more of Spence before I can endorse him.

Yeah I just looked at chip's and baalke's past drafts and they've been defensive heavy and I don't see a ton of top tier Defensive FAs coming to play behind that offense...I think chip will get more out of our current offensive players than past coaches.

I'm on the fence with boldin but we need to keep some vet experience in there if he doesn't come back WR moved up the list wither in FA or th draft ( almost threw Sanu in as FA adds).

Spence is th real deal an I hope to god Baalke hasn't crossed his name of the board...we need pass rush 29th in sacks last season
Originally posted by communist:

Round 2 is good.

Miller in round 3 is a nice gamble, I like.

Don't like any QB-pick on day 3 unless it is a high-talented guy falling due to some off-the-field stuff.

Don't know about s**ttu. Like you already stated, he seems to be more of a 43-DE. Rather like WR Williams.
How about DT Adam Gotsis from Georgia Tech who seems to be a scheme fit?

RB Prosise seems to be a nice picup on the first glance. However, durability seems to be a concern due to a)upright running and b)injury-proneness itself. Don't know about that one. We already got Hyde.
How about RB Drake from Alabama?

Don't care about short arms dude has instincts and some scouts are comparing him to Khalil Mack...example Cory lemomier has real long arms but hasn't done much

Not sure if I know of any top tier Qbs with off the field stuff that would fall? 5th round pick with someone as athletic as Dak is worth a gamble IMO.

Isn't Gotsis injuried? At that point I'm cool with taking BPA at DL if it's him sweet.

I like drake as well (almost threw him in as the pick) wasn't he injured as well though?? There will be a ton of RB around the 4th to choose from I think that's the sweet spot for a COB RB...what are your thoughts on Perkins?
Nice work, NY. I am assuming you project Schobert as an ILB as opposed to an OLB. Pass rush should be improved with this draft and maybe Baalke will surprise us and land us one of those big free agents (most likely Sean Smith).

So draft Buckner who plays 5 tech the same position Armstead plays? Buckner is a great talent no denying that. And I'm sure Armstead or Buckner could learn the 3 tech. Or we could draft Spence and get Butler or Rankins who are both experienced at the 3 tech and actually have rookies who might play meaningful downs this season.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

So draft Buckner who plays 5 tech the same position Armstead plays? Buckner is a great talent no denying that. And I'm sure Armstead or Buckner could learn the 3 tech. Or we could draft Spence and get Butler or Rankins who are both experienced at the 3 tech and actually have rookies who might play meaningful downs this season.
AA was called a prototype 4-tech and was lined up at LDE, iirc. Buckner would be lined up at RDE, imho.
The "problem" with Buckner is as following: he seems to be a FREAKING talent.

Got nothing against Butler. But would take a strong look at Rankins due to small size, 3tech in a 2-gap-system could be a stretch for him.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice work, NY. I am assuming you project Schobert as an ILB as opposed to an OLB. Pass rush should be improved with this draft and maybe Baalke will surprise us and land us one of those big free agents (most likely Sean Smith).

Correct he would be moved inside...yeah if we could land someone like smith that would be gravy!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Don't care about short arms dude has instincts and some scouts are comparing him to Khalil Mack...example Cory lemomier has real long arms but hasn't done much

Not sure if I know of any top tier Qbs with off the field stuff that would fall? 5th round pick with someone as athletic as Dak is worth a gamble IMO.

Isn't Gotsis injuried? At that point I'm cool with taking BPA at DL if it's him sweet.

I like drake as well (almost threw him in as the pick) wasn't he injured as well though?? There will be a ton of RB around the 4th to choose from I think that's the sweet spot for a COB RB...what are your thoughts on Perkins?
Yep, Gotsis is injured but he will be at the Combine, iirc.

Right, Drake got durability-concerns as well.
Wanted to mention Perkins because the guy is so freakin shifty/quick and has got a terrific burst. He would excel in a ZBS, imho. BUT, he has got a WR-body, the NFC West would kill him.

Yep, Gotsis is injured but he will be at the Combine, iirc.

Right, Drake got durability-concerns as well.
Wanted to mention Perkins because the guy is so freakin shifty/quick and has got a terrific burst. He would excel in a ZBS, imho. BUT, he has got a WR-body, the NFC West would kill him.

Yeah Perkins might be a great fit for chip but I agree he's a little light that's why I went CJ...he's built like David Johnson and played WR so he knows routes and can catch.

The combine will help a ton with figuring out RBs and some of these later picks
Yeah Perkins might be a great fit for chip but I agree he's a little light that's why I went CJ...he's built like David Johnson and played WR so he knows routes and can catch.

David Johnson I loved last year.
I would risk it with Perkins I think. Give him a year to gain about 15 pounds of muscle and line him up on passing downs in his rookie year to teach him receiving skills.

smart-ass
Not bad. I think the FA signings are good, but I'd rather have more horses drafted than Miller and Prescott.
i like the idea of bringing in a top vet center and making kilgore a guard he would do better there. and that would leave us with only one of the guard positions as un-decided and i think with the amount of O linemen we have that competition in camp can produce someone who can be good enough at that positon...if boone doesnt come back. plus its undeniable that our OL improved when we brought in goodwin we should do the same thing this year. i will be pissed if we use 4 6th rd picks and 3 5th rd picks. thatd be the ultimate baalke move. he NEEDS to draft for quality an not quantity this year, we are loaded with picks we can package to get more 3rd an 4th rd picks an ever one more 2nd round pick without even having to give up 2017 picks. i think its correct that our first pick needs to be used on the best pass rusher available, thats what our last pick at 7 was with aldon an hes gone now so they are going to want to fill that vacated need.

David Johnson I loved last year.
I would risk it with Perkins I think. Give him a year to gain about 15 pounds of muscle and line him up on passing downs in his rookie year to teach him receiving skills.

smart-ass

Lol yeah I was a big David Johnson fan

If Perkins is there in the 4th I wouldn't hate it...id hope he'd be more than Dexter mccluster type of RB though.
Share 49ersWebzone