Garret Celek - TE

Market:

Kelechi Osmele - OG - Bal
Eric Winston - T - Bengals
Danny Trevathan - ILB - Den : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFEfj2aEzAc

Josh Norman - CB - Panthers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUOkTtW18gE
or
Alshon Jeffrey - WR - CHI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiSugN6x92A

I would love to get one of these two if they aren't tagged. Preferably, Norman.

*Robert Griffin III - QB - Wash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTc0nYgBj4
(I have an asterisk here because I would only pursue him if we depart ways with Kap. I think sitting out a years has really humbled him and will return with a chip on his shoulder. No pun intended.) Not to mention hes perfect for Chip Kelly's offense.

Cedric Thornton - DE - Eagles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUCZfN1lEuc

Draft:

1st Round

DeForest Buckner - DE - Oregon

2nd Round

Vernon Butler - DT - LA Tech

3rd Round:

Carl Nassib - OLB - Penn State

4th Round:

A: Spencer Drango - G/T - Baylor

B: Dak Prescott - QB - Mississippi State

5th Round:

Antonio Morrison - ILB - Florida

6th Round

A: Demarcus Robinson - WR - Florida

B: Aaron Green - RB - TCU

C: Antwione Williams - OLB - Georgia Southern

D: Anthony Zettel - DE - Penn State

UNDFA's:

1. Cheathem Norrils - CB - Toledo

2. Terrance Smith - LB - Florida State: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZ5DWmv620

3. Alex McCalister - OLB - Florida: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0erSBUzA4

4. Elandon Roberts: ILB - Houston: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR8ndPYDVCY

5. Byron Marshall - HBack/WR - Oregon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZexGDlIfZO0

Roster:

QB: Colin Kaepernick / Blaine Gabbert / * Robert Griffin III / Dak Prescott / Dylan Thompson
RB: Carlos Hyde / Mike Davis / DuJuan Harris / Shaun Draughn / Jarryd Hayne / Aaron Greene
HB: Byron Marshall
FB: Bruce Miller
TE: Garret Celek / Vance McDonald / Blake Bell / Rory Anderson
WR: *Alshon Jeffrey / Torrey Smith / Quinton Patton / Bruce Ellington /DreAndre Smelter / Dres Anderson / DeAndrew White / Eric Rogers / Demarcus Robinson
G: Alex Broone / Brandon Thomas / Andrew Tiller / Kelechi Osmele / Spencer Drango / Trent Brown
C: Daniel Kilgore / Marcus Martin
T: Joe Staley / Anthony Davis / Spencer Drango / Eric Winston / Ian Silberman

DE: Arik Armstead / DeForest Buckner /Cedric Thornton / Anthony Zettel
DT: Ian Williams / Vernon Butler / Quinton Dial / Mike Purcell / Tony Jerrod Eddie / Garrison Smith
OLB: Aaron Lynch / Eli Harold / Tank Carradine / Carl Nassib / Antwione Smith / Alex McCalister
ILB: Navarro Bowman / Danny Trevathan / Gerald Hodges / Shayne Skov / Antonio Morrison / Terrance Smith / Elandon Roberts
S: Eric Reid / Antoine Bethea / Jimmie Ward / Jaquiski Tartt / Lj McCray
CB: *Josh Norman / Tremaine Brock / Kenneth Acker / Dontae Johnson / Marcus Cromartie /Keith Reaser / Cheatham Norrils / Chris Davis

K: Phil Dawson / Corey Acosta
LS: Kyle Nelson
P: Bradley Pinion
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Feb 14, 2016 at 7:24 PM ]
Not bad draft but I think your free agents are a tad unrealistic.

Norman and Jeffrey aren't going anywhere but if their respective teams let them hit free agency I'm not sure we'd get a chance to sign them.
Originally posted by genus49:

Norman and Jeffrey aren't going anywhere but if their respective teams let them hit free agency I'm not sure we'd get a chance to sign them.

Agree

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree

I hear you guys. In my last mock i was realistic with the Free Agency signings and was bashed for it, so at this point you're kinda damned if you do or damned if you don't haha.. do hope we can land at least one big fish. And if we can I would want it to be Norman.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Feb 14, 2016 at 5:53 PM ]
Too much focus on OL and DL and unrealistic FAs.
This is so far from realistic sorry man
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Honestly, you guys are just laughable at this point. In my last mock i was pretty spot on with the free agent signings and everyone was going crazy about how I didn't have any big free agent signings. You guys already know we're not going to have any big signings so why go crazy about it? Today I had a little fun with it and now its just ridiculous. You guys need to choose one. Are we getting any big signings or not? Because there's not much in between. Look at the market,

And the draft is pretty realistic. Tell me where I'm way off? Please.
And please don't say Malik Jackson. He's not that great. And Muhammad Wilkerson,like Norman and Jeffrey isn't hitting free agency. So don't say him either.
Originally posted by ivanm05:

Honestly, you guys are just laughable at this point. In my last mock i was pretty spot on with the free agent signings and everyone was going crazy about how I didn't have any big free agent signings. You guys already know we're not going to have any big signings so why go crazy about it? Today I had a little fun with it and now its just ridiculous. You guys need to choose one. Are we getting any big signings or not? Because there's not much in between. Look at the market,

Jeffery and Norman have both been talked about as getting tagged you have us signing Williams drafting Buckner and butler why??? It's complete over kill and same with all the OL we usually only have 8 active what are you doing with the other 6? You cant put them on the pratice squad they will be scooped up in two seconds.

Nassib is a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 OLB...in all its just not realistic would it be awesome sure but it's not happening.

It's cool to have fun with it but don't get all bent out of shape if someone says it's not realistic
And please don't say Malik Jackson. He's not that great. And Muhammad Wilkerson,like Norman and Jeffrey isn't hitting free agency. So don't say him either.

Okay so your saying Jeffery and Norman aren't hitting FA so why even having them in your mock

Please explain why Jackson isn't good?

I think you would be better off typing in that you would be happy to get 2 from this list of FAs.
That way it doesn't look like you are wanting all of them. Even if every one of them came knocking on the 9ers door wanting us to sign them we could only afford 3 of them max. Norman will want TOP $. Jeffries is going to get good $$. Trevathan is going to get good $$ where ever he goes, as will Osmele. Trent won't pay much for Guards so he would take a big discount coming here.
Overall I like the draft. Like the cuts made. I will stop reading if Pears is not cut.

Jeffery and Norman have both been talked about as getting tagged you have us signing Williams drafting Buckner and butler why??? It's complete over kill and same with all the OL we usually only have 8 active what are you doing with the other 6? You cant put them on the pratice squad they will be scooped up in two seconds.

Nassib is a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 OLB...in all its just not realistic would it be awesome sure but it's not happening.

It's cool to have fun with it but don't get all bent out of shape if someone says it's not realistic

Yeah all the big names are going to be tagged. That's what I told everyone last time. Buckner is a Defensive End and Butler is a Defensive Tackle. How is that overkill? You would have a starting rotation of Buckner, Butler and Armstead. With Williams and Dial rotating in. We have zero depth a long the dline. Outside of Dial and maybe TJE, who do you really have. Tank is moving to OLB.

And I'm sorry but please go down this list and tell me where Nassib is:
http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-34-Outside-LBs-2016-Draft.asp

here's some more on nassib: " It would benefit Nassib if he spends his free time working some linebacker skills. If he's unable to add bulk, he'll be looking at a potential move to outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment."

I'm not being unrealistic for thinking this.

And I'm not getting bent out of shape. I just think it's funny.

And as far as loading up on the dline and oline. With chip's offense you guys do realize the defense is going to be on the field way, way more. Like twice as much as last season. We need a deeper rotation to keep the defense durable and fresh, let alone efficient. And our O-line was so atrocious last year, that by the end of the year our 7th round pick was our bright spot. I'm sorry but I'll take as many quality offensive linemen as I can and let Chip figure out who stays and who goes.

Okay so your saying Jeffery and Norman aren't hitting FA so why even having them in your mock

Please explain why Jackson isn't good?

Well I didn't have them in my first one either and everyone thought I should have had a much better haul with our salary cap. And I'm sorry but I would like to think that if we're using up our salary cap that it would be for really good players not just adding decent players for the sake of filling up the cap. That was the idea behind adding Norman and Jeffrey.

Thats why I had minimal siginings with my other mock. But that wasn't realistic either.

Andf there's nothing wrong with Jackson but everyone wants him and I don't see how he's better than anything can address in the draft. Besides, Broncos are already in talks to resign him.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I think you would be better off typing in that you would be happy to get 2 from this list of FAs.
That way it doesn't look like you are wanting all of them. Even if every one of them came knocking on the 9ers door wanting us to sign them we could only afford 3 of them max. Norman will want TOP $. Jeffries is going to get good $$. Trevathan is going to get good $$ where ever he goes, as will Osmele. Trent won't pay much for Guards so he would take a big discount coming here.
Overall I like the draft. Like the cuts made. I will stop reading if Pears is not cut.

Yeah I hear you man. If We could add one free agent, then I would want it to be Norman.
It's a great draft. I don't know if I'd take a NT in the 2nd if if we keep Ian Williams though. Not a bad pick by any means though.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 15, 2016 at 8:43 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone