LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Michael Thomas WR - Ohio State

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Treadwell last 2 years: 196 targets, 12 drops, 131 catches, 16 TD

Michael Thomas last 2 years: 157 targets, 5 drops, 110 catches, 18 TD
I like Will Fuller in the second,personally.
Michael Thomas came in at 6'3, 212 lbs, 32 1/8" arms and 10 1/2" hands. Wow.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Michael Thomas came in at 6'3, 212 lbs, 32 1/8" arms and 10 1/2" hands. Wow.

He fits the bill in terms of the "big" players Chip and Baalke look for, that's for sure.
NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks likens Ohio State WR Michael Thomas to Michael Crabtree.

"Classic possession receiver with strong hands and excellent ball skills," Brooks wrote. "Thomas is a dynamic chain mover with a knack for coming up with big plays at key moments. Part of his success can be attributed to his rugged style and crafty route-running skills." The analyst sees Cincinnati Bengals, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Los Angeles Rams as theoretical suitors. Brooks thinks this week's Combine tests are crucial for Thomas. "Thomas is a talented playmaker, but he lacks elite speed and acceleration. He just doesn't appear to have the straight-line explosiveness to run past NFL defenders on vertical routes, which minimizes his potential as a deep-ball threat," Brooks wrote. "Thus, Thomas would need to clock a fast 40 time to alter the perception about his
Originally posted by Niner_lobo:

Not with those baby hands we already have a small handed speedy WR in Torry smith.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Not with those baby hands we already have a small handed speedy WR in Torry smith.

Yes sir if Michael Thomas runs a 4.4 he's my top WR in Chips offense

Some soild WRs in the 2nd I'm higher on doctson but Thomas is a big time red zone threat.
He had 18 reps at the bench press.(most for a WR this year was 20)
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on Feb 26, 2016 at 4:40 PM ]

I'd be shocked if he runs a 4.4. I'm think mid 4.5s

He's good value in the 2nd. Similar raw materials to Treadwell, just doesn't have the same warrior mentality IMO.

I think Crabtree is actually a good comparison for both as far as body/style, however Treadwell plays with that Boldin mentality which is a much bigger difference maker than a tenth of a second in the 40.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Don't Smeler have the same measurement???
Originally posted by 9moon:

I think smelter is faster (reportedly)...I'm actually pretty pumped to see what he can do this year.
I think smelter is faster (reportedly)...I'm actually pretty pumped to see what he can do this year.

You and me both!!

Originally posted by 9moon:

Smelter has 10 pounds on both of them and is faster than both. He said that he believes he would have ran in the 4.4s prior to the injury. cant forget his ginormous 11" hands.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 28, 2016 at 4:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone