There are 201 users in the forums

Draft experts: If the draft fell this way which would you choose?

Draft experts: If the draft fell this way which would you choose?

Another mock draft thought that I've been torn between.Your input would be helpful!
Buckner and Calhoun...much safer and better combo for what we're looking for IMO.
These are my two main targets for our 7th overall pick. Can't go wrong with Spence or Buckner.

I would take Buckner, but I do not want Calhoun. I don't think he'd be a good fit in a 3-4. He also has the same flaws lemonier has(no hand strength/weak punch, too dependent on speed rush).
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:52 AM ]
Quick inside pressure is the most disruptive force a defense can levy against an offense. Buckner, for sure. Even if we get RIchardson or Jackson, I'd have the same answer. Inside pressure wins. That said, if Goff is there, I'll probably cry a bit if we don't get him. I'd love to be confident that Kap will be the man, that offense will take care of itself with guys we have and FA, and that we can restock though the crazy defensive talent in this draft, but I'm having trouble believing it right now.
Buckner - Calhoun
Originally posted by Heroism:
These are my two main targets for our 7th overall pick. Can't go wrong with Spence or Buckner.

I would take Buckner, but I do not want Calhoun. I don't think he'd be a good fit in a 3-4. He also has the same flaws lemonier has(no hand strength/weak punch, too dependent on speed rush).

Unless he gets arrested
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Unless he gets arrested

Has he ever gotten arrested???
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
no more oregon Dlineman
Spence an butler no doubt!

Spence is much much better than Calhoun IMO...Calhoun doesn't have thar mean streak don't see the motor compared to spence.

And I love butler dude is 324lbs and plays like he's 290...has the length and power you want and can play all over the line great value in the 2nd.

I don't think we could go wrong either way though.
Originally posted by susweel:
no more oregon Dlineman

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Listen guys, please remember you read it here first..

If Armstead is McGrew, Buckner will then be Balmer.

Calhoun will not be drafted in the 1st round, he will be a good 2nd round pick, but I believe he would be a better DE under the 4-3.

While Spence may be too high for the 7th overall pick, I think we can trade down no more than 5 spot and still land him..

so, I would happy if we can land the below players in a simple 1st and 2nd round order.

1) Noah Spence or Robert Nkemdichi

2) Sua Cravens or Spriggs
Fluffy
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Unless he gets arrested

Has he ever gotten arrested???

Yes. http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/28/ohio-state-buckeyes-noah-spence-arrest-public-intoxication
  • Andra
  • Veteran
1st. Buckner
2nd. Schobert
3rd. Carroo
Super Bowl
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Yes. http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/28/ohio-state-buckeyes-noah-spence-arrest-public-intoxication

Thanks...did anything come of it? Public intoxication while not a good thing isn't exactly a huge deal IMO sounds like a night in the drunk tank.
Share 49ersWebzone