LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Your (early) Dream First Round

My dream would be to somehow get the best OL (Stanley?) and DL (Buckner/Billings) on the board...both groups need upgrading ahead of a pass rusher or QB, IMHO.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Nkem!!

Noah!!

Sua'!!

How you like those names to start with!!!???
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Bosa falling to 7 would be my dream. Then Nkemdiche dropping to our pick in the 2nd

I'd celebrate this one.
Buckner trade back into midlate first and take Jaylon smith. Would be amazing or trade back pick up another 2. Take Robert nke..spelling.. 2a Doctson. 2b te Hunter henry
Not my dream, but my breakdown of what I think our top options should be

-QB Jared Goff, CAL - He is a "rhythm" QB meaning when he is on-fire in a hurry up he plays his best, but can be prone to inconsistency. I think he has one of the best QB minds of a draft prospect I've seen in some time, reads defenses very well. Good scrambler. I don't think his arm is that strong. Taking him all comes down to a) if he is on the board still (obviously!) and b) if we are done with Kap.

-WR Laqoun Treadwell, Ole Miss - People compare him to Dez Bryant (without the baggage), but I don't think he is that good and worth the #7 pick. I see him as a mid-first round guy so if we take him I don't think we are getting best value. I'd prefer a trade down if we want to get him.

-OT Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame - I'm not sure if he falls to us, but the consensus #2 OT. I think he is pretty good and worth the pick. The question is whether Anthony Davis is coming back though (some speculate even if Davis comes back, we move Davis to OG and still take Stanley).

-OLB Noah Spence - High risk pick, kicked out of Ohio State (after making it 1st team Big Ten as a sophmore) for addiction to ecstasy and repeated failed drug tests0. But the best pass rusher in the draft. If it wasn't for his drug problem, he is probably the #1 or #2 pick.

-ILB Myles Jack, UCLA - crazy athlete, injured knee his junior year prompting him to leave college. Also played as RB. So he is raw at LB, not much time there. NFL.com compares him to Navarro Bowman.

edit:
Also we consider taking if on the board:

DE Joey Bosa - play him as a 3-4 DE, use him like Justin Smith

OT Laremy Tunsil - obviously take him if on the board, top OT

2nd edit:

Everything just depends on the direction/vision of the team. I mean if Kap isn't our guy, Goff IMO is the clear "dream" pick.

If we are sticking with Kap, I'd probably go with Noah Spence a the "Dream" pick and hope he aces his interviews.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 10, 2016 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

-QB Jared Goff, CAL - He is a "rhythm" QB meaning when he is on-fire in a hurry up he plays his best, but can be prone to inconsistency. I think he has one of the best QB minds of a draft prospect I've seen in some time, reads defenses very well. Good scrambler. I don't think his arm is that strong. Taking him all comes down to a) if he is on the board still (obviously!) and b) if we are done with Kap.

-WR Laqoun Treadwell, Ole Miss - People compare him to Dez Bryant (without the baggage), but I don't think he is that good and worth the #7 pick. I see him as a mid-first round guy so if we take him I don't think we are getting best value. I'd prefer a trade down if we want to get him.

-OT Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame - I'm not sure if he falls to us, but the consensus #2 OT. I think he is pretty good and worth the pick. The question is whether Anthony Davis is coming back though (some speculate even if Davis comes back, we move Davis to OG and still take Stanley).

-OLB Noah Spence - High risk pick, kicked out of Ohio State (after making it 1st team Big Ten as a sophmore) for addiction to ecstasy and repeated failed drug tests0. But the best pass rusher in the draft. If it wasn't for his drug problem, he is probably the #1 or #2 pick.

-ILB Myles Jack, UCLA - crazy athlete, injured knee his junior year prompting him to leave college. Also played as RB. So he is raw at LB, not much time there. NFL.com compares him to Navarro Bowman.

edit:

2nd edit:

Everything just depends on the direction/vision of the team. I mean if Kap isn't our guy, Goff IMO is the clear "dream" pick.

If we are sticking with Kap, I'd probably go with Noah Spence a the "Dream" pick and hope he aces his interviews.

Spence would not be the #1 or #2 pick. He's not the same prospect as Vic Beasley (shorter arms, less athletic). 32" arms is as big a deal for a pass rusher as his off field concerns. I wouldn't take him at #7 if he had zero red flags off the field.

Goff, Jack, Stanley, and Buckner are my guys of players who could be there at 7.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Dream you say?

7. Goff
Trade Kap and 2nd round pick to move back into 1st round. Like, I don't know... the Jets maybe?
Mid/late first. Nkendiche

FA: OLB V. Oliver and some O-Line help.

Not bad
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

edit:

2nd edit:

Spence would not be the #1 or #2 pick. He's not the same prospect as Vic Beasley (shorter arms, less athletic). 32" arms is as big a deal for a pass rusher as his off field concerns. I wouldn't take him at #7 if he had zero red flags off the field.

Goff, Jack, Stanley, and Buckner are my guys of players who could be there at 7.

31" IIRC, and... yeah. Short armed speed guys have gotten it done before, but it makes that speed to power transition difficult, and non-spin counters can be rough. Good thing dude has a wicked spin move. Not sure it's enough. With OTs getting more and more athletic, speed to power is pretty important.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
31" IIRC, and... yeah. Short armed speed guys have gotten it done before, but it makes that speed to power transition difficult, and non-spin counters can be rough. Good thing dude has a wicked spin move. Not sure it's enough. With OTs getting more and more athletic, speed to power is pretty important.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25462743/senior-bowl-south-team-official-measurements

32" most places I've checked which list Senior Bowl measurements. I gave him the benefit of the doubt although NFL.com's draft profile says 31" which would keep him out of the first round. 6'6 wingspan makes it more likely that his arms are 32" than 31". The other senior bowl measurements seem to match NFL.com, so I think it's just a typo there which will get corrected at the combine.
dream first round = Tunsil or Stanley

but it's tough to say, pre-FA

Trade down draft Elliot
Spence
Trade back with Tampa. Pick up an extra 3rd and Draft Goff or Wentz @ 9.
Where we are pick #32.
I think Myles Jack might end up being the best player in the entire draft, so I've got him at the top of my wish list. Jack, Spence or Buckner for D, and Goff or Wentz for O.
Share 49ersWebzone