LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Vernon Butler Louisiana Tech DT

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Dahl - Dial (typo) forgive you if I may have sin mispeling the last name..

anyhow, back to the issue..

Butler - I like a lot..

Bullard - we already have players like him riding on the boat (Clueless, Double A and Dial). . no need anymore..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Dahl - Dial (typo) forgive you if I may have sin mispeling the last name..

anyhow, back to the issue..

Butler - I like a lot..

Bullard - we already have players like him riding on the boat (Clueless, Double A and Dial). . no need anymore..

Who the heck is clueless and Bullard is nothing like AA or Dial. In fact Butler is much closer to those two then Bullard is.
Let this guy be a 49er. 6'3", 325, 34" arms. Has the build, the length, the motor and mindset, if they could get him in the 2nd that would be outstanding. I can just see him being a beast at the NFL level.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 27, 2016 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Let this guy be a 49er. 6'3", 325, 34" arms. Has the build, the length, the motor and mindset, if they could get him in the 2nd that would be outstanding. I can just see him being a beast at the NFL level.

Right! I have a feeling he goes late 1st to Seattle
So many good interior d-lineman in this draft class. Could have as many as 8 of them go in the 1st round. Vernon Butler is one of them. Scheme versatile, can play any spot in a odd front, and a great athlete for his size. Long arms (which Baalke loves), and plays hard. Had a really good Senior Bowl week. Could definitely see us targeting him in the 2nd rd if he lasts that long.
Just saw a link on the homepage saying he didn't have a good combine and is viewed as a 25-50 guy.

Good.

Round one. Buckner
Round two. Butler

There's our d line for 10 years.
[ Edited by frozen49er on Feb 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM ]
This guy is going to be a star
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This guy is going to be a star

Agree. He can play up and down the Dline and brings the ability to rush the passer from that 3-4 end spot which is rare. Would love to have him on our team
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Just saw a link on the homepage saying he didn't have a good combine and is viewed as a 25-50 guy.

Good.

Round one. Buckner
Round two. Butler

There's our d line for 10 years.

There would be nobody complaining about playing too many snaps on that DL. :)

Imagine a rotation of Armstead/Buckner/Williams/Butler/TJE/Purcell/Dorsey (when healthy)

It would be one of the top DLs in the NFL.
No way this guy gets out of the 1st round. If he does they should trade up in the 2nd to make sure they get him

• 9moon
  • Veteran
i was hoping this kid would not make so much noise that we can somehow land him in the 2nd round..
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Their biggest need is OL. Their defense is still good.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Their biggest need is OL. Their defense is still good.

True true
"Everybody (at the NFL Combine) loved" Louisiana Tech DL Vernon Butler, according to one NFL scout who spoke with Bob McGinn.

However, evaluators seem split on his NFL position. McGinn spoke to one scout who believes Butler is best as a 5-technique and another who said 3-technique and nose. "I'd be a little skittish of him there (late first round)," one evaluator said, stating second-round is more likely. We believe Butler is absolutely worth a first-round pick and Josh Norris ranks him as a top 20 prospect, comparing him to Mo Wilkerson.
"Everybody (at the NFL Combine) loved" Louisiana Tech DL Vernon Butler, according to one NFL scout who spoke with Bob McGinn.

However, evaluators seem split on his NFL position. McGinn spoke to one scout who believes Butler is best as a 5-technique and another who said 3-technique and nose. "I'd be a little skittish of him there (late first round)," one evaluator said, stating second-round is more likely. We believe Butler is absolutely worth a first-round pick and Josh Norris ranks him as a top 20 prospect, comparing him to Mo Wilkerson.

His versatility is what will have teams excited. I think he could certainly go in the 1st but DL is deep and one will be there at 37. I hope it's him
Share 49ersWebzone