LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Chris Jones DL 6'6 308 Lbs Mississippi State

Current round projection: Late 1st round - 2nd round

• crew
  • Veteran
Also like Vernon Butler DT, LA Tech or Jihad Ward DT, Illinois
Not bad #s for playing in the sec

2015 JUNIOR SEASON: A second-team All-America selection by Pro Football Focus … Started all 13 games at defensive tackle … Accumulated 44 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks to go along with four pass breakups
Originally posted by crew:

Still getting familiar with a lot of prospects. Seems to be a lot of DL talent.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by crew:

Still getting familiar with a lot of prospects. Seems to be a lot of DL talent.

Yea the depth of 5T in this draft is insane. In fact I can't think i've ever scouted a draft that has as much top end 5T talent as this one. Right now I'd rather have Vernon Butler over Jones but Jones is still a great prospect in his own right.

I wonder how long his arms are...
It'll be hard to draft him in the 1st after he runs a slower forty than Rich Eisen.
I think Jones is a terrific player. Great height, length, and consistent motor.... in some games. He is my number three 43 DT/34 DE after Buckner and Bullard in this draft. When I post my first best board, I accidentally had his name off the list. Was very impressive this season against some really talented interior linemen. His work against Evan Boehm of Missouri, one of the top graded centers, was exceptional. Have seen him play in eight games in 2015, and really shined. Probably the most difficult matchup for him was against Vadal Alexander of LSU, who is a very good talent.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 15, 2016 at 12:25 PM ]
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133333/chris-jones

Pro Football Focus ranks Mississippi State DL Chris Jones as the No. 8 overall prospect in the class.

This is quite the endorsement of a prospect some media outlets more or less ignore. "The power is the first thing that stands out, and it was put to good use as Jones ranked fourth in the nation among interior defensive linemen at +54.2," the PFF squad wrote. "He can move blockers at the point of attack and push the pocket, and he still has room to grow as a player." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein is another known fan of Jones, calling him a top two-round prospect. The 6-foot-6, 300-pounder is rangy, quick and versatile, in addition to his aforementioned thunder hands. He could either play inside for a 4-3 team or DE in a 3-4 scheme. Feb 18 - 2:27 PM
Mississippi State DL Chris Jones was described by onlookers at last week's pro day as "looking like a first-rounder," reported TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

"I'm told defensive tackle Chris Jones had an outstanding positional workout," Pauline added. The 6-foot-6, 300-pounder was put through those drills by the Bengals and Bears. We like the underrated lineman's quickness and versatility.
Aside from the wardrobe malfunction, he seemed to have a pretty solid combine. Good athleticism for a guy that size.

Originally posted by zonkers:
Aside from the wardrobe malfunction, he seemed to have a pretty solid combine. Good athleticism for a guy that size.

Uh Phrasing.
dude is strong as hell and is pretty athletic for how big he ...I'd love to grab him or Butler if we don't go Buckner at 7
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by zonkers:

Uh Phrasing.

I never paid attention to grammar lessons in elementary school. I've had to make it up as I go.

Is this more correct?
Aside from the wardrobe malfunction, he seemed to have a pretty solid combine, showing off good athleticism for a guy that size.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
dude is strong as hell and is pretty athletic for how big he ...I'd love to grab him or Butler if we don't go Buckner at 7

Lol
got arrested for driving with a suspended license

https://twitter.com/MikeBBonner/status/710353540519100416
Share 49ersWebzone