There are 189 users in the forums

Trade Up for Two First Round Picks?

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Been watching buckner and wrights highlights write not fast but he's always in the right spot and is relentless he could be a better Borland.

If he does not retire after 1 year he will already be better.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Those trades to move up cost relatively nothing. The moves up for A. davis was like two slots and for Reid it was one of those "what in the world did Dallas do" deals.

The trade I want to see happen is if a player like Smith, Treadwell, Jack or Nkemdiche fall in the draft, does Baakle have the stones to give up picks for those types of players. Players with ceilings so high that could turn this franchise around.

Think about the reports of Baakle wanting to trade up for OBJ but the price being to high. Look back now and I think whatever the Giants or whoever were asking for, would have been well worth it for the type of game changing player OBJ is.
Are the Giants a perennial playoff-contender now? No, they are not. We would have lost a lot of valuable picks for a guy who would not helped us anyway due to stupid offensive system, bad o-line play and underwhelming QB.
Spend a look at Falcons. Julio Jones is a very good receiver but I would not have traded away my farm for him, even with hindsight.

ONLY if a team is stacked with talent and just needs one or perhaps two upgrades now and next season, that kind of a trade is ok imho.
But that type of situation you won't find very often in the NFL and certainly not with a team that picks 7th ovr. Expiring contracts, veterans decline, heavy injuries, salary cap etc. puts a lot of pressure on every franchise.
Originally posted by communist:
Are the Giants a perennial playoff-contender now? No, they are not. We would have lost a lot of valuable picks for a guy who would not helped us anyway due to stupid offensive system, bad o-line play and underwhelming QB.
Spend a look at Falcons. Julio Jones is a very good receiver but I would not have traded away my farm for him, even with hindsight.

ONLY if a team is stacked with talent and just needs one or perhaps two upgrades now and next season, that kind of a trade is ok imho.
But that type of situation you won't find very often in the NFL and certainly not with a team that picks 7th ovr. Expiring contracts, veterans decline, heavy injuries, salary cap etc. puts a lot of pressure on every franchise.

That's hilarious because As I recall, this team was a tipped pass away from returning to the Super Bowl for a second straight year the year prior and entered 2014 as a favorite to win Super Bowl 49.

So according to your logic, that trade would have been ok.

Who knows what we actually would have given up and which players that we drafted these past two season would not be on the team??? But imagine ODB on this team that went 8-8 in 2014? How many close games did this team lose that year?
Share 49ersWebzone