LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Trade Up for Two First Round Picks?

How about trading the second & third round picks for the 15-25 pick overall? Historically we have done well with two first rounders. Willis & Staley in 2007. Davis & Iupati in 2010.
Buckner at 7 and Noah Spence at 17??
Originally posted by Since07:

Love that!

As long as we get some offensive help in FA
if there was a good draft to do it that is this draft. but we know baalke, hel be too scared to pickup impact players he always has been. really hope he proves me wrong this year
Vernon Davis + Manny Lawson ....
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Not really that bad.
Buckner and Spence would be HUGE additions to our D. Both would see significant time right from the get go, and both would fill pretty big holes in the D. Like someone pointed out above, we can only do that, if we had addressed the O-line through FA.
Originally posted by stefano89:
if there was a good draft to do it that is this draft. but we know baalke, hel be too scared to pickup impact players he always has been. really hope he proves me wrong this year

Idk what you mean by that.
In 2010 Our top need was OL and he took 2 in round 1

One year our biggest need was saftey and he took Reid.

He's also proved that he's willing to trade like crazy.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by stefano89:

Idk what you mean by that.
In 2010 Our top need was OL and he took 2 in round 1

One year our biggest need was saftey and he took Reid.

He's also proved that he's willing to trade like crazy.

Yup agree with this

that would good and i am defensive minded guy so i like the idea. I have been giving it some thought though and we are now an offensive team. We should probably put all of our focus on making the offense as dangerous as possible first

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
that would good and i am defensive minded guy so i like the idea. I have been giving it some thought though and we are now an offensive team. We should probably put all of our focus on making the offense as dangerous as possible first

I think the addition of Chip has instantly improved the offense as is. We address the Oline in Free Agency and grab a playmaker in the draft, we will be good. Load up on defensive talent with the rest of the picks
If you were confident in the guy you are moving up for I would very interested in that., I feel like this is a roste full of good role players and solid guys but sorely lacking in elite game breaking play makers. We should be looking to trade up as much as possible this year, the opposite of years past where we have moved back as much as we can to stock pile picks because we were in a position of power.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Vernon was really good for awhile there. Manny was just a guy for the most part. He has carved out a 10 year career for himself tho.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Love that!

As long as we get some offensive help in FA

I would literally s##t a brick if that happened but I don't think Spence will be there then. Spence is steadily jumping up the board and that's with the checkered past. If he performs as expected at the combine then that may seal him in the top 15 possibly top 10.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I think the addition of Chip has instantly improved the offense as is. We address the Oline in Free Agency and grab a playmaker in the draft, we will be good. Load up on defensive talent with the rest of the picks

Yup I agree with this...defensive minded draft with a offensive playermaker thrown in there works for me.

Grab OL depth on FA because I don't see defensive FA coming here unless we over spend a ton.
Share 49ersWebzone