LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Mock offseason first of the year

Free Agents

Marvin Jones WR - Hometown boy and replaces Anquan Boldin. Love Anquan but its over for him with us.

Kelechi Osemele OG - Feel like this is a wash with Boone.

Danny Trevathan ILB - Monster team with Bowman at ILB this can be good for quit a few years.

Muhammad Wilkerson DE - Bank breaker but we need to sure up our poor run defense from last season.

Brandon Boykins CB played under Kelly and flourished with him.

Resign

Ian Williams - probably our best defender the last half of the season. No reason not to resign.

Andrew Tiller - potential.

I think Alex Boone walks for money from somewhere else.

1. Shaq Lawson OLB Clemson - I think this guy is a monster and can make a pretty smooth transition to playing the OLB position.

2. Will Fuller WR ND - A touchdown machine, this is the next Odell Beckham jr type prospect. I've tried to land us a wr for years, missing on Antonio Brown, TY Hilton and Beckham in the last few seasons. Here's my next golden boy, better grab him .

3. Spencer Drango OG Baylor - I think you plug this guy in at either guard position and he starts and starts well.

4. Joe Haeg OT NDS- As of right now he could start for us at RT. But if Davis returns he could be our swing tackle.

4. CJ Prosise RB ND - Move over Hyde, this guy could steal his starting position if he cant stay healthy. He's got low mileage and is a monster with a second gear.

5. Vernon Adams jr. QB Oregon - Im on the Adams train, he can compete with Blaine for the starting job assuming Kap gets released or traded.

5. Victor Ochi OLB Stoney Brook - nice small school project.

5. Daryl Worley CB WVU - imposing frame and athlete.

6. Jalin Marshall WR/RB OSU - Our Darren Sproles type guy for Chips offense. He will be our steal of the draft.

6. Mike Mathews C Texas AM - Mathews clan project center.

6. Jared Norris ILB Utah - special teams.

6. Kyle Carter Penn St. - I know we are full of tight ends but I like this guys size and speed
[ Edited by OtisDriftwood on Feb 5, 2016 at 9:29 AM ]
Good mock. Nice job not too sure about taking another wr2/3 in jones. We need a true number 1
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 5, 2016 at 7:28 AM ]
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Free Agents

Marvin Jones WR - Hometown boy and replaces Anquan Boldin. Love Anquan but its over for him with us.

Amini Osemele OG - Feel like this is a wash with Boone.

Danny Trevathan ILB - Monster team with Bowman at ILB this can be good for quit a few years.

Muhammad Wilkerson DE - Bank breaker but we need to sure up our poor run defense from last season.

Brandon Boykins CB played under Kelly and flourished with him.

Resign

Ian Williams - probably our best defender the last half of the season. No reason not to resign.

Andrew Tiller - potential.

I think Alex Boone walks for money from somewhere else.

1. Shaq Lawson OLB Clemson - I think this guy is a monster and can make a pretty smooth transition to playing the OLB position.

2. Will Fuller WR ND - A touchdown machine, this is the next Odell Beckham jr type prospect. I've tried to land us a wr for years, missing on Antonio Brown, TY Hilton and Beckham in the last few seasons. Here's my next golden boy, better grab him .

3. Spencer Drango OG Baylor - I think you plug this guy in at either guard position and he starts and starts well.

4. Joe Haeg OT NDS- As of right now he could start for us at RT. But if Davis returns he could be our swing tackle.

4. CJ Prosise RB ND - Move over Hyde, this guy could steal his starting position if he cant stay healthy. He's got low mileage and is a monster with a second gear.

5. Vernon Adams jr. QB Oregon - Im on the Adams train, he can compete with Blaine for the starting job assuming Kap gets released or traded.

5. Victor Ochi OLB Stoney Brook - nice small school project.

5. Daryl Worley CB WVU - imposing frame and athlete.

6. Jalin Marshall WR/RB OSU - Our Darren Sproles type guy for Chips offense. He will be our steal of the draft.

6. Mike Mathews C Texas AM - Mathews clan project center.

6. Jared Norris ILB Utah - special teams.

6. Kyle Carter Penn St. - I know we are full of tight ends but I like this guys size and speed

Nice mock, I do however see Drango, Haeg, Adams, and Ochi going a round higher than you have, I even think Adams and Ochi could be 3rd rd picks come April.

FA wise, Tiller is signed for 2016, no need to re-sign.

Wilkerson IMO is a pipe dream that isn't very likely to happen, the 49ers won't give any player the kind of money Suh got, which I what I see WIlkerson demanding, 100M deal, $50M or more Fully guaranteed, and the highest guarantee at signing right now is Kap's $13M, so I doubt they're willing to break there ways that they've been doing for years now.
Solid mock. Lawson, Buckner or a trade back and grab Jonathan Bullard are my choices with that 1st round pick if we don't grab Spence at 7. There is just too much defensive potential in positions of need in the top half of this draft to go in any other direction in my opinion.

I also like Fuller but don't believe he can be a #1 and that is what we need. I was on the Wilkerson train earlier but after having a better understanding of the circumstances, the Jets will either slap the non-exclusive tag on him and collect a couple of 1st rounders or he will break the bank and neither of those options are 49er type options.

I love the offensive line depth you create with this off-season, especially if Davis comes back, as that is priority number one for that side of the ball.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Who is Amini Osemele ?
thanks, yes AB this is a best case senario draft. We do have to rememeber we are at the top of each round so its not out of the realm of possibility for a guard and a small school tackle to fall a tad. I think Fuller is a #1 he has all the tools. He's just not 6 foot 3.
Good mock and I really like the attention you paid to the OLine.

Wilkerson is a fantasy. [One I've shared]

But I think either Vernon or Malik could be very real.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Who is Amini Osemele ?

lol Kelechi's just-as-talented brother?
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

lol no, i got him and the guard from the Panthers, first names mixed up. lmao.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Who is Amini Osemele ?

Does he play in the XFL ?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good mock and I really like the attention you paid to the OLine.

Wilkerson is a fantasy. [One I've shared]

But I think either Vernon or Malik could be very real.

i agree to an extent, if Wilkerson hits free agency we should see what it will cost. I wouldnt give anyone Suh money tho.
Who is Amini Osemele ?

Does he play in the XFL ?

Perhaps, but with his unknown talent, I think he was in the more recent Stars Football League back in 2013
Doesn't Brandon Boykins think that Chip is racist after he got traded? Why would he want to come play for him?
i like it. but unfortunately i dont see our FO spending that much on FA even though we need it so bad that even they the most conservative FO In the league said we are going to have to make some acquistions in FA. its almost like their against signing big players. torrey smiths average contract even surprised me, we havent seen them give money to a WR in a long time. i wish theyd realize the size of our needs.
Looks good to me. I wouldn't want to pay Wilkerson a ton of money and I like the WR deals. With drafting Fuller we cut Ellington and maybe Patton while bringing in M. Jones and Fuller not to mention we'll be getting Smelter on board and we sign Boldin for Veteran leadership and savvy. He lost a lot of his speed and quickness, which wasn't his forte to begin with, but he can still find the soft spot in a zone about as good as anybody.
Share 49ersWebzone