Phil Dawson - K
Shaun Draughn - RB

Market:

Dion Jordan - OLB - Miami
Amini Silatolu - G - Carolina
Morris Claiborne - CB

DRAFT:

1st Round:

We trade back into the teen picks and get an extra third in the the process. The pick:

DeForest Buckner - DE - Oregon

Round 2:

Tyler Boyd - WR - Pittsburgh

Round 3 -

Pick 1

Su'a Cravens - LB - USC

I would draft him as an inside linebacker. He's got the size and many scouts think he would be an inside linebacker in a 3-4. :
"I have no doubt that (Su'a) Cravenscan play down in the box in the pros. He will either be a 4-3 WILL (outside linebacker) or a 3-4 inside 'backer. He's carrying his new weight well and he's tough enough to play down there as a pro." -- NFC Pac-12 scout on the USC LB

Pick 2:

Nick Martin - G - Notre Dame

Round 4:

Pick 1:

Dak Prescott - QB - Mississippi State

Him or Vernon Adams- As much as I like how accurate he is, his weight and frame scare me a bit.

Pick 2:

CJ Prosise - RB - Notre Dame

Round 5:

Roger Lewis - WR - Bowling Green

Round 6

Pick 1

Anthony Zettel - DE - Penn State

Pick 2 -

Luther Maddy - DT - VTech

Pick 3

Harlan Miller - CB - Southeastern Louisiana

Pick 4

Yannick Ngakoue - OLB - Maryland

Also guys, I'd appreciate it if you guys checked out my channel/videos on youtube.. here's a little taste:

[ Edited by ivanm05 on Feb 4, 2016 at 8:03 PM ]
Not a huge fan of the FA pickups with all that cash that's who we get?

I'm a fan of most of your draft picks but Buckner isn't gonna be there in a trade down unless he gets injured before the draft not very realistic IMO.

Where did you get your rankings??
Buckner will not get out of the Top 10. Weak FAs for the money we have. Baalke needs and hopefully will go BIG in FA this year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm a fan of most of your draft picks but Buckner isn't gonna be there in a trade down unless he gets injured before the draft not very realistic IMO.

Originally posted by stonecold590:
Buckner will not get out of the Top 10. Weak FAs for the money we have. Baalke needs and hopefully will go BIG in FA this year.

Guys we can have all the cap that we want but most of the big FA that we would all want are simply not going to be there. Wilkerson? Tag. Von Miller? Tag. Josh Norman? Tag. Alton Jeffrey? I like him but Im not so sure he's going to a place where the QB situation is in such disarray. Hali is old. I mean which other big free agents are out there? I'm just being realistic.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I usually use draftek and CBS bro
No way the 49ers go anywhere near Dion Jordan.
Lol at trading back into the teens to get Buckner. He might go top 5.
Draftek has Prescott going in the 7th. Promise a round later. Boyd in the 3rd. And cravens going in the 2nd. You used Draftek as your rankings?
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Draftek has Prescott going in the 7th. Promise a round later. Boyd in the 3rd. And cravens going in the 2nd. You used Draftek as your rankings?

I used CBS.
You used CBS, but have the #8 player on CBS dropping back to the teens instead of the 49ers picking him at 7th...

Have to agree, trading down to get Buckner won't work...I use NFL.com draft tracker and he's the #1 rated DL and it's not even close. I think he'd be a great pick, but Baalke would have to stand pat to get him. I'm not nearly as high on Ian Williams as many are, so I'd bring in a FA run stuffer like Jets NT Damon Harrison. Another option would be Baylor NT Andrew Billigs. I like that you're going DL first...it's "sexy" to pick a pass rusher, but not really that smart when their success is largely tied to the effectiveness of the front 3. I really like most of your picks.

As for FA, also agree there's not a lot of bang for the bucks on your list. Besides Harrison, I'd bring in a Vernon or Malik Jackson, to provide some veteran experience and leadership. Both Armstead and hopefully Buckner show great promise, but are very inexperienced. I'd try hard to re-sign Alex Boone...he was unquestionably our best OL in 2015 and his versatility as a starter is hard to find. ILB Danny Trevathan would also be a plus. Lots of good players to be had and plenty of cap space to sign them.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
You used CBS, but have the #8 player on CBS dropping back to the teens instead of the 49ers picking him at 7th...

I get it. Buckner won't get that far. But you guys keep to stop taking these rankings like gospel.. sure use it as a reference to give yourself a picture but they NEVER go down that way so why obsess over it. Take out Buckner and put Billings there or Shaq Lawson... Issue fixed.. you guys hang on way to much on these rankings.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

I get it. Buckner won't get that far. But you guys keep to stop taking these rankings like gospel.. sure use it as a reference to give yourself a picture but they NEVER go down that way so why obsess over it. Take out Buckner and put Billings there or Shaq Lawson... Issue fixed.. you guys hang on way to much on these rankings.

I think it has more to do with people see Buckner moving up the board fast. The more people watch his film, the more they fall in love with him. If he shows well at the combine and in his workouts, he may move into the top 7 and we may lose out on our chance to grab him at 7. No two players are accelerating up the board quicker right now then Buckner and Spence.

So you have to be open minded about people questioning you in trading back to grab Buckner in the teens. With that said I do like many of the players in your mock.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I think it has more to do with people see Buckner moving up the board fast. The more people watch his film, the more they fall in love with him. If he shows well at the combine and in his workouts, he may move into the top 7 and we may lose out on our chance to grab him at 7. No two players are accelerating up the board quicker right now then Buckner and Spence.

So you have to be open minded about people questioning you in trading back to grab Buckner in the teens. With that said I do like many of the players in your mock.

someone posted some clips of Buckner...the way he threw around OL...reminded me so much of Cowboy. As much as I want a big stud WR in the draft, Buckner would be a great pick too.
Waiting for 3.0.
Share 49ersWebzone