LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Mock draft 3.0

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I could easily see Whitehair falling to 37. There doesn't need to be a guard taken in the 1st round. In my opinion, there aren't any guards worth a first round pick this year, but I could see a team looking to convert someone like Germain Ifedi back to guard which he also played in college. You also have no way of knowing whether Whitehair will remain the top ranked guard in the class. I'd be upset if the 49ers took him at 37 - I think that's too early.

CBS has Whitehair ranked 44th and Alexander ranked 50th for what it's worth. MadDog doesn't have a single guard in his top 50 prospects (not even Ifedi which is a little surprising to me). Calling Whitehair a lock to be picked in the first round or the first 37 picks is a little premature. And the word you're looking for is naive.

I didn't say there "needs" to be a guard taken in the 1st round. What I'm trying to say is these guys at the top of their positional rankings get very hyped up leading in to the draft. I'll be very shocked if somebody doesn't nab him at or before pick 32 but crazier things have happened. I would disagree that he would be a reach at pick 37.

Yes, I was looking for naive and I found it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So Ward is backup material? 90% of our cbs are 2nd year players man...why was Torrey two years to late boldin was coming off back to back 1,000 yard seasons. It's been stated the Baalke wanted OBJ but didn't want to give up half of the draft for him.

This team for the past 5 years has been built from the inside out, pass rush makes the secondary better...why have we had top 10 pass defense but no "shut down" CB why? Pass rush and a strong middle of the field that's why.

We lost 20 players and 13 starters which has never happened before so yeah it was gonna be a bad season...that s**t never happens man.

One of the reasons our younger players haven't become studs is because harbs never played them! He rode our vets into retirement.

I'm guessing you weren't crying about Baalke when we were going to NFC championships and a SB for a couple seasons.

Looking back at the 2014 draft, except for Carlos Hyde, I'd trade everyone else for OBJ...but hindsight is 20/20
Originally posted by kentc1978:
So Ward is backup material? 90% of our cbs are 2nd year players man...why was Torrey two years to late boldin was coming off back to back 1,000 yard seasons. It's been stated the Baalke wanted OBJ but didn't want to give up half of the draft for him.

This team for the past 5 years has been built from the inside out, pass rush makes the secondary better...why have we had top 10 pass defense but no "shut down" CB why? Pass rush and a strong middle of the field that's why.

We lost 20 players and 13 starters which has never happened before so yeah it was gonna be a bad season...that s**t never happens man.

One of the reasons our younger players haven't become studs is because harbs never played them! He rode our vets into retirement.

I'm guessing you weren't crying about Baalke when we were going to NFC championships and a SB for a couple seasons.

Looking back at the 2014 draft, except for Carlos Hyde, I'd trade everyone else for OBJ...but hindsight is 20/20

Borland was well on his way and Ward at the end of the season was a shut down CB plus you'd be saying bye to lynch and Hyde as well...lynch, Hyde and Ward for OBJ with no stud QB? He wouldn't be who he is in NY if he was in SF ( and I wanted OBJ real bad come draft day).

I think we have some fine young players just needed a real life coach not a glorified cheerleader like JT lol.
Borland was well on his way and Ward at the end of the season was a shut down CB plus you'd be saying bye to lynch and Hyde as well...lynch, Hyde and Ward for OBJ with no stud QB? He wouldn't be who he is in NY if he was in SF ( and I wanted OBJ real bad come draft day).

I think we have some fine young players just needed a real life coach not a glorified cheerleader like JT lol.

I also think Patton & Ellington may excel in an offense like Chip's. A couple speedy guys that are needed with the tempo that will be required.
Originally posted by amosmac28:

I also think Patton & Ellington may excel in an offense like Chip's. A couple speedy guys that are needed with the tempo that will be required.

They both can make plays when given a chance...I have no problem keeping them on the team this year.
Share 49ersWebzone