LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Sims' Mock Draft 2.0

Sign me up. I love pics 1,2, and 4 especially.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Let`s see how he does in the PROS with the Big Dogs

I guess the 9ers pay camp bodies 100,000 dollars guaranteed huh just to be a Camp Body

Obviously they hope he is more...like they paid Hayne about $100k as they hoped Hayne would be more but he was cut and since nobody claimed him off waivers, he ended back on our PS.
This would be one hell of an offseason.
Originally posted by Heroism:
This would be one hell of an offseason.

We need it after last year's debacle
i like this FA mock and draft mock. and it is definitely realistic and possible. but i would definitely resign celek, he wont cost too much and mcdonald is not reliable to be our #1 yet if he ever will be. a combo of celek and mcdonald last year showed to be capable when we used them and chip is going to want offensive diversity this year so might as well keep a guy thats already here an proven to be useful than take a chance on someone not proven if we dont have to. i also think were gonna need a stronger #2 RB. it sounds like chip is going to run the ball alot and we dont know enough about hydes durability yet to rely on him that much. draughn was great catching passes and in space this year an i think hed be cheap so we should get him but we need a back thats good all around to backup hyde in case he goes down like 2015. i think your OL adjustments could work great. anthony davis really struggled his first couple years at tackle, it would be wiser to put a faster player there and move AD to guard, his strength is definitely run blocking. i like the idea of bringing in a top CB to earn a starting spot, this idea of reaser, acker and ward being our future is horrible i think. those guys have proven to be backups at best and i think brock is an average 2nd stringer on his best day also. johnson played well at CB when given the chances i think a competition of brock, johnson and someone like claiborne for 1 and 2 CB could give us a stronger secondary. claiborne played with reid at LSU im pretty sure. then bring in ward in the slot on packages. i like how you setup the DL too but i dont know much about the guys you added to our LBs. were going to need talent there if hodges doesnt pan out
I'd take Braxton Miller over Boyd. I don't see a lot that Boyd can do that Smelter can't do. I think Boyd is better at high-pointing, Smelter is better after the catch, and both will need to work on separating. Smelter has better athleticism to learn it, imo.

Miller would add something scary, but drafting him could be pushing Ellington/Patton out the door.
I like th mock! Get FA pickups lets SF become flexible in the draft for sure.

I'm not a huge fan of Boyd and I'd perfer treadwell, Miller, doctson, Thomas, Coleman over him ( one of those 5 should be around).

Also I'd rather go RB higher and not sure what we're doing with kearse? We have a lot of good young safeties I'd rather role DL gonna need to have fresh legs.

Overall solid mock.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'd take Braxton Miller over Boyd. I don't see a lot that Boyd can do that Smelter can't do. I think Boyd is better at high-pointing, Smelter is better after the catch, and both will need to work on separating. Smelter has better athleticism to learn it, imo.

Miller would add something scary, but drafting him could be pushing Ellington/Patton out the door.

Yup I totally agree! Chip would love to have a player like him an I'm fine with pushing one of them out the door.
Originally posted by stefano89:
i like this FA mock and draft mock. and it is definitely realistic and possible. but i would definitely resign celek, he wont cost too much and mcdonald is not reliable to be our #1 yet if he ever will be. a combo of celek and mcdonald last year showed to be capable when we used them and chip is going to want offensive diversity this year so might as well keep a guy thats already here an proven to be useful than take a chance on someone not proven if we dont have to. i also think were gonna need a stronger #2 RB. it sounds like chip is going to run the ball alot and we dont know enough about hydes durability yet to rely on him that much. draughn was great catching passes and in space this year an i think hed be cheap so we should get him but we need a back thats good all around to backup hyde in case he goes down like 2015. i think your OL adjustments could work great. anthony davis really struggled his first couple years at tackle, it would be wiser to put a faster player there and move AD to guard, his strength is definitely run blocking. i like the idea of bringing in a top CB to earn a starting spot, this idea of reaser, acker and ward being our future is horrible i think. those guys have proven to be backups at best and i think brock is an average 2nd stringer on his best day also. johnson played well at CB when given the chances i think a competition of brock, johnson and someone like claiborne for 1 and 2 CB could give us a stronger secondary. claiborne played with reid at LSU im pretty sure. then bring in ward in the slot on packages. i like how you setup the DL too but i dont know much about the guys you added to our LBs. were going to need talent there if hodges doesnt pan out

Great feedback. I just haven't seen what everyone else sees in Celke to be honest (and maybe I'm just the problem lol). But I saw McDonald start to get legit opportunties after week 8 and ever since then, he looked better than Celek ever has. He posted three games of 60+ yards with a TD in each; something Celek has never done in the 4 years he has been on our roster. I think he was a good option when VD was the man because he showed he can catch the football in a natural motion with his hands whereas VD can't. But once McDonald got his opportunity, he proved he can do everything Celek can do, plus he is much more dangerous with the ball in his hands after the catch. Again, if Celek was still on the roster, I wouldn't cut him but to re-sign someone that I don't think provides much value as it is when we have 12 draft picks and we will be playing in a new system anyways, I think he is highly expendable.

I liked how Harris looked in his few games with us but you may be right, if Chip really wants to run the ball extensively, Harris/Ervin may not be enough. Who would you suggest? A free agent or earlier darft pick?

I agree about Miller in that he is of a similar mold as Ellington and I don't think we have put Ellington into a position to succeed. Everytime he had opportunities, he showed he can play. So I didn't want to draft someone similar when Ellington hasn't been afforded an opportunity to play for someone who knows how to utilize his strengths. Boyd and Smelter are similar but I see Smelter as taller version of Boldin, with more speed. Physical and deceptively nifty. Boyd can be to us what Jordan Matthews was in Philly but agree, the separation thing is my only concern with Boyd. However, I trust that Chip's system will get help get him open until he turns into a better route runner.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like th mock! Get FA pickups lets SF become flexible in the draft for sure.

I'm not a huge fan of Boyd and I'd perfer treadwell, Miller, doctson, Thomas, Coleman over him ( one of those 5 should be around).

Also I'd rather go RB higher and not sure what we're doing with kearse? We have a lot of good young safeties I'd rather role DL gonna need to have fresh legs.

Overall solid mock.

In reality, I hope Thomas drops. He is the WR I want outside of Treadwell but Coleman is too small and is of a similar mold as Patton (remember Patton was considered one of the best WR in college the year he came out). I want to draft someone who has potential to be a #1 and to me, that is Treadwell, Thomas and Boyd in that order. Everyone else seems like #2 will be their ceiling.

Kearse was just a luxury pick in all honesty but he does provide something different than those other safeties and that's size mixed with speed. He is a developmental guy that can thrive on STs for a couple of years and then slide into our dime package once Bethea is done. Assuming we still have the same DC, that would be extremely beneficial to take him in a year where we are developing and looking to contend in 2017 and beyond. Who would you rather take at that spot? Great feedback, thank you!
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Feb 2, 2016 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Great feedback. I just haven't seen what everyone else sees in Celke to be honest (and maybe I'm just the problem lol). But I saw McDonald start to get legit opportunties after week 8 and ever since then, he looked better than Celek ever has. He posted three games of 60+ yards with a TD in each; something Celek has never done in the 4 years he has been on our roster. I think he was a good option when VD was the man because he showed he can catch the football in a natural motion with his hands whereas VD can't. But once McDonald got his opportunity, he proved he can do everything Celek can do, plus he is much more dangerous with the ball in his hands after the catch. Again, if Celek was still on the roster, I wouldn't cut him but to re-sign someone that I don't think provides much value as it is when we have 12 draft picks and we will be playing in a new system anyways, I think he is highly expendable.

I liked how Harris looked in his few games with us but you may be right, if Chip really wants to run the ball extensively, Harris/Ervin may not be enough. Who would you suggest? A free agent or earlier darft pick?

ya i do like mcdonalds potential just cause hes huge and i feel like if we can get him going an improve his hands he can be a poor mans gronkowski. i think celek coming back or not will all depend on his price an the market demand for TE. if we let him go, im not sure of the guys behind them so it might be beneficial to use our 3rd or move up into the 3rd again to get a TE. i think baalkes method of stockpiling a big quantity of picks has proven to kill us, he needs to turn those into fewer quality picks. we have 12 picks this year. we arent gonna have 12 rookies make this team. with a big FA Planned i think a better number of rookies to bring in is 8 or 9. i see no reason he shouldnt move up to get another pick in the 2nd rd, another pick in the 3rd rd and 1- 2 more picks in the 4th. we have the ammunition to do it, nows the time. we dont need anymore 6th-7th rd projects. idk how the RB FA market looks exactly but i am pretty sure alfred morris is a FA and even though hes kind of the same size as hyde i think it could do damage to defenses to have 2 bruisers like that on one team continuously pounding the ball, with a guy like harris or draughn catching passes. but from what iv heard kelly prefers speed over power.
Originally posted by stefano89:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

ya i do like mcdonalds potential just cause hes huge and i feel like if we can get him going an improve his hands he can be a poor mans gronkowski. i think celek coming back or not will all depend on his price an the market demand for TE. if we let him go, im not sure of the guys behind them so it might be beneficial to use our 3rd or move up into the 3rd again to get a TE. i think baalkes method of stockpiling a big quantity of picks has proven to kill us, he needs to turn those into fewer quality picks. we have 12 picks this year. we arent gonna have 12 rookies make this team. with a big FA Planned i think a better number of rookies to bring in is 8 or 9. i see no reason he shouldnt move up to get another pick in the 2nd rd, another pick in the 3rd rd and 1- 2 more picks in the 4th. we have the ammunition to do it, nows the time. we dont need anymore 6th-7th rd projects. idk how the RB FA market looks exactly but i am pretty sure alfred morris is a FA and even though hes kind of the same size as hyde i think it could do damage to defenses to have 2 bruisers like that on one team continuously pounding the ball, with a guy like harris or draughn catching passes. but from what iv heard kelly prefers speed over power.
I agree Baalke needs to exactly what you layed out about all those Draft picks,8-7 rookies is what we need about 4-5 high draft picks in the first 4 rounds would be Ideal....maybe with Kelly on board and Baalke`s seat growing Hotter He wll let Kelly pick the offensive players who are going to have impact,,,,I would love to pick Vernon Adams in the 3rd round,Treadwell or Doctson,or even McRoberts in the 3rd round, not sure about Thomas from Ohio St. I seen very little fromHim this season,that could be because of how He was used He could end up like Roger Craig in college Craig was not the featured back at Neb. It was Jarvis Redwine,,,psssf look how that turned out...need I say more,
  • crew
  • Veteran

Agree on Miller, my fave WRs are Miller and McRoberts.
Originally posted by crew:
Agree on Miller, my fave WRs are Miller and McRoberts.

I'm starting to really like McRoberts. Haven't seen much of him but the little that I have, he is pretty impressive. I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 3rd or 4th. Miller is almost identical to Ellington to me except Ellington has been a WR much longer. I wouldn't want to draft a similar player just because we haven't been able to see exactly what Ellington can do with our lack of creativity coaches we have had
Share 49ersWebzone