LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Sims' Mock Draft 2.0

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Just a question what do you like about TJE

I like the way He can be used sorta like a swiss-knife,He`s the type you need like a role player
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Not a fan of your cut list,Boldin,Clelek TJE,are players that should stick,Not a Fan of T Boyd,another Pitt receiver yuk, QB Prescott,No Thank you another Project yikes? we have enough CBs

Agreed on Boldin and Celek. I love Boldin as a competitor and someone who brings toughness and professionalism to the organization. I feel he still has 1 or 2 decent years left and can be a mentor to whoever we bring in from the draft. Celek was beginning to come into his own late, he should be someone who we can bring back fairly reasonably,
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
someone like hali or irvin. Hali would be my favorite. He has a lot of years under his belt. I just dont know what kind of money he would command. There arent a lot of pass rushers on the market so he might cash in.

I am also a believer that Demarcus ware will be cut this season. He would be my favorite choice to bring in.

I think we would be fine with Harold, Spence, and Lynch but Lynch goes down we are in trouble. Plus you can never have too many pass rushers

You are right about the CBs though. They are solid. I guess if our pass rush is really good too then it will help out our corners

Don't forget about drafting McCalister in the 5th round. This kid has elite pass rushing abilities but had some character concerns at FLA as the season came winding down. Him, Spence, Lynch and Harold are very young but all four can be explosive in getting to the QB. An addition of Ware or Hali would certainly be fine with me. If we signed Irvin though, I wouldn't want to go Spence with the 1st pick, especially since we just drafted Harold in the 3rd last year. A veteran for a solid price that wouldn't want to play every down or just roll with the youngsters in 2016 and let them grow. Great input though, thank you!
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Agreed on Boldin and Celek. I love Boldin as a competitor and someone who brings toughness and professionalism to the organization. I feel he still has 1 or 2 decent years left and can be a mentor to whoever we bring in from the draft. Celek was beginning to come into his own late, he should be someone who we can bring back fairly reasonably,

I wouldn't mind having Boldin back but at what cost? Certainly not anything close to the $6 mil a year we were paying him and with Smelter healthy and the addition of Boyd, I think they will fit nicely in Chip's offense. Remember, we aren't going to be that power run-win because we are more physical team under Chip. We are going to use speed and schematics to beat our opponents and Smelter provides enough size and physicality to take over the Boldin role, IMO. Smith can mentor the young guys as he is a proven vet who has won a championship. Is he as good as Boldin? Absolutely not but he knows what it takes to win. I think bringing back Boldin will stunt the growth opportunity for Smelter and Boyd and since I do not think we are SB ready next year, I am all about quality development and experience and making our run in 2017.

Celek is slightly overrated on this board, IMO. McDonald is the better talent and put up better numbers this year than Celek has since 2012. McDonald just needed more opportunities and since week 8 when he really got his chance, he proved he can be a big weapon. He is always open and deceptively good after the catch. If Celek was still under contract, I wouldn't want to just release him but since he isn't and we just drafted Bell and Anderson last year, Celek is very expendable. Especially since we are drafting, what I think is, a better talent in McGee in the 6th. I like your input though, thank you.
Mi gusta
Not a fan of your cut list,Boldin,Clelek TJE,are players that should stick,Not a Fan of T Boyd,another Pitt receiver yuk, QB Prescott,No Thank you another Project yikes? we have enough CBs

Like Fitz didn't turn out to be one of the greatest...
Best mock yet and offseason wise MOST realistic. I think Mack and Jackson are big time pickups and possible, also, what do you think about a Morris Claiborne signing? 6' and aggressive. Has he panned out? No. But as a competitor and an emerging DJ as our 1 and Ward in slot, we need a #2. Would battle with Brock and Acker and Cyrus. Love this and Baalke would be praised. I do in fact want Vernon over Dak though...
Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
Best mock yet and offseason wise MOST realistic. I think Mack and Jackson are big time pickups and possible, also, what do you think about a Morris Claiborne signing? 6' and aggressive. Has he panned out? No. But as a competitor and an emerging DJ as our 1 and Ward in slot, we need a #2. Would battle with Brock and Acker and Cyrus. Love this and Baalke would be praised. I do in fact want Vernon over Dak though...

Thank you. I would be fine with a Mo Claiborne signing. I like his size and physicality. He had all of the tools coming out of LSU and I'm all for competition for Brock. I'd be fine if he is the starter once the season starts but I'm open to everyone having a chance to unseat him as I don't think he has been as consistent as he was before he got his contract. Then again, we haven't had a consistent pass rush either

Vernon Adams is intriquing to me and he really impressed me in the Shrine game. Taking him later opens up a spot for a skill position player in the 4th so I'd be fine with that as well, especially if Dak goes early in the 3rd.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Just a question what do you like about TJE

I like the way He can be used sorta like a swiss-knife,He`s the type you need like a role player

Ehhh we can find a Swiss Army knife player in the draft...he's constantly been the worst player on our DL. He hasn't development into anything but a liability IMO. Give his snaps to someone else

Like Fitz didn't turn out to be one of the greatest...
Different beast,Fitz was well know going into College Apples and Oranges,look at the wideouts in the last 7 years that have come out of Pitt,where are they Now? Boyd does not get much seperation,I`m quite sure there are BETTER wideouts out there for the taking btw the 9ers had a Pitt wideout a couple of years ago they got from KC in the A.J.Jenkins trade,where is he now? But you can like what you like,me He`s pretty average,and He`s on a Team that dose`nt have a great WR corps to begin with,so it makes Him look better then He actually is. AlsoChip is high on Eric Rogers which right now would be better by a mile then Boyd just food for thought.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Feb 1, 2016 at 4:36 PM ]

Different beast,Fitz was well know going into College Apples and Oranges,look at the wideouts in the last 7 years that have come out of Pitt,where are they Now? Boyd does not get much seperation,I`m quite sure there are BETTER wideouts out there for the taking btw the 9ers had a Pitt wideout a couple of years ago they got from KC in the A.J.Jenkins trade,where is he now? But you can like what you like,me He`s pretty average,and He`s on a Team that dose`nt have a great WR corps to begin with,so it makes Him look better then He actually is. AlsoChip is high on Eric Rogers which right now would be better by a mile then Boyd just food for thought.

That means he is the one that teams try (and fail) to stop since nobody else is worth mentioning. Also, no other WR from Pitt has anything to do with Boyd. Boyd gets no separation yet he averaged 1,000 yards a year in his 3 seasons while playing with three different QBs? Cmon man. And our whole front office was high on Hayne last year....until they saw him in meaningful games against NFL comp. Rodgers is a camp body until proven otherwise
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

That means he is the one that teams try (and fail) to stop since nobody else is worth mentioning. Also, no other WR from Pitt has anything to do with Boyd. Boyd gets no separation yet he averaged 1,000 yards a year in his 3 seasons while playing with three different QBs? Cmon man. And our whole front office was high on Hayne last year....until they saw him in meaningful games against NFL comp. Rodgers is a camp body until proven otherwise
Let`s see how he does in the PROS with the Big Dogs

I guess the 9ers pay camp bodies 100,000 dollars guaranteed huh just to be a Camp Body
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Feb 1, 2016 at 6:03 PM ]
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
You have a much higher opinion of Ian Williams than I do...he's a good player, hardly elite. I'm assuming Armstead will start at one of the DE positions...he got enough PT his rookie season to make that jump, I'm thinking. Jackson would be a very good addition. That said, the DL's still got a ways to go to even come close to what we had just a couple of seasons ago. Armstead's got the right stuff, but he's still pretty inexperienced. Jackson's fine in terms of experience. I'd bring in Jets' NT Damon Harrison, largely because he's a beastly run-stopper. When Fangio had Ray Mac and Justin Smith book-ending Dorsey or Williams, it was ok. New DC O'Neil doesn't have that luxury, so a dominant NT is needed now. Our DL got gashed way too many times in 2015...that can't happen any more to get back to the playoffs. I've had hopes for Carradine, but so far he really hasn't shown much. Hopefully, he'll reach his potential under O'Neil. Still, I wouldn't pass up a DL early in this draft...its a very good one for them, so I'd draft one among Jarron Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Buckner, NT Billings...they're all terrific players.

On offense, I'd try to come to terms with Boone...he was our best OL in 2015, for sure. He's got great versatility and is in his prime. I'd also keep Celek...he's the most experienced TE we have, and wouldn't be expensive. Not sure I'd draft Ervin when we already have Harris under contract. If Harris isn't in the team's long-term plans, the guy I'd draft is DeAndre Washington from Texas Tech. He's tough enough at 5-8, 200 to run between the tackles, but is also an outstanding receiver. Back-to-back 1000 yd seasons playing in Kliff Kingsbury's high octane offense should translate well to what Kelly runs for the Niners.

Overall, I really like your off-season program...I'd just make the changes I outlined above. Your off-season's head & shoulders above the vast majority I've seen so far. Nice job.

Thinking along same lines about Ian Williams, not sure Baalke wants to dole out a big contract to him. I would like to see Baalke draft Austin Johnson NT, Penn State in the 2nd, guy has potential to be dominant. I do like Boyd, maybe Baalke can trade up into 2nd from their 3rd RD pick to get him.
Really like your FA moves.

I also think Wilkerson will be a king's ransom in the Suh range and I really like Malik.

Also would love to snag Vernon but I'm not feeling we'd do both.

Like Mack and I'd also like Schwartz

Good draft and well thought out!
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

Thank you. I would be fine with a Mo Claiborne signing. I like his size and physicality. He had all of the tools coming out of LSU and I'm all for competition for Brock. I'd be fine if he is the starter once the season starts but I'm open to everyone having a chance to unseat him as I don't think he has been as consistent as he was before he got his contract. Then again, we haven't had a consistent pass rush either

Vernon Adams is intriquing to me and he really impressed me in the Shrine game. Taking him later opens up a spot for a skill position player in the 4th so I'd be fine with that as well, especially if Dak goes early in the 3rd.

WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Draft: Wide Receiver Rankings

NFL Draft - 2016 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com ..

2016 NFL Draft Wide Receiver Rankings - NFL Draft Geek

here are some links to WRs of 2016 draft picks.one states that Boyd runs a 4.44 40 not bad.....take a look and compare.
Share 49ersWebzone