LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Tyler Boyd WR Pitt

Can't believe nobody has made a thread on him. This guy is special and better be a 49er.

Just watch the video it speaks for itself.

I have him in my updated mock. Kid is a beast and can certainly be a #1
Seems to have good hands and body control, fluid runner with the ball.. but does he have speed? He looks to be a Jordan Matthews mold. Is he or Treadwell faster?
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

For all the talk that treadwell at #7 is getting...if we can get this guy after the first round(2nd or 3rd round)would be a steal and crazy value.

I know balkee is afraid of drafting receivers high but this is a no brainer.

If the niners are serious about fixing this offense And not hedging their bets on mid round projects (Ellington...Patton...etc) then he's the pick.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Yes please. I want him more than any WR in the draft.
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Seems to have good hands and body control, fluid runner with the ball.. but does he have speed? He looks to be a Jordan Matthews mold. Is he or Treadwell faster?

He's not Torrey Smith fast lol but at least he makes plays (contested) when the ball is thrown his way. Larry Fitzgerald coming out of Pitt didn't wow anybody with his stop watch but just made plays.

From day one in his freshman year he was the best receiver on the team. Hometown hero in Pitt and loves the game.
Originally posted by 49deeznutz:

For all the talk that treadwell at #7 is getting...if we can get this guy after the first round(2nd or 3rd round)would be a steal and crazy value.

If the niners are serious about fixing this offense And not hedging their bets on mid round projects (Ellington...Patton...etc) then he's the pick.

I agree. I have us taking him in the 2nd. Just working on the final picks but I'm a huge fan of Boyd. 3 year starter, 2 straight 1,000 yard seasons and had over 900 this year with 90 catches. Very talented kid.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49deeznutz:

I agree. I have us taking him in the 2nd. Just working on the final picks but I'm a huge fan of Boyd. 3 year starter, 2 straight 1,000 yard seasons and had over 900 this year with 90 catches. Very talented kid.

Would be nice to get Tyler Boyd, but think that Baalke goes DL or OL in 2nd - Austin Johnson NT or Jason Spriggs OT.
My bet is that Baalke goes LB with the #7 pick, either Jack or Spence, possibly Ragland.
I could see Baalke waiting till the 3rd or 4th RD at WR, either Braxton Miller or McRoberts.
I like Nick Martin C/OG in the 3rd RD, with McRoberts WR and Prescott QB in the 4th.
That dudes got unreal ball skills. Like obj coming out. What are the knocks on him? Maybe route running? What are the reasons he's not in the conversation for being the top reciever?
I'm hoping for Jack & Boyd with the first 2 picks....

Watched seven full games for Pitt in 2015, every snap, and here is what I think from Boyd: I have him graded as a late 3rd/early 4th. He will go before then. The main issue for Boyd is zero separation. He has to fight for every catch because he does not have the ability to separate effectively on a consistent basis. And, if separation is an issue at the college level, good luck in the NFL. Call me a skeptic on this cat to be anything more than a number three or four in the NFL
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 31, 2016 at 4:29 PM ]
He could at least be our number 3 wr and return punts. Great pick in the 3rd or even second round.
looks like OBJ
He would be great in the 2nd round IMO.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Watched seven full games for Pitt in 2015, every snap, and here is what I think from Boyd: I have him graded as a late 3rd/early 4th. He will go before then. The main issue for Boyd is zero separation. He has to fight for every catch because he does not have the ability to separate effectively on a consistent basis. And, if separation is an issue at the college level, good luck in the NFL. Call me a skeptic on this cat to be anything more than a number three or four in the NFL

But being able to make contested catches is a plus. Getting more than 3 yards of separation is rare in the NFL. I agree the game against Iowa Desmond King completely took him out of the game for the most part.
Share 49ersWebzone