LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Jim O'Neal?

Originally posted by elguapo:
Bingo. But we still need an upgrade at CB. DJ IMO will start bc he has been great when starting and chip likes tall CBS. See DJs play against Julio jones and Calvin Johnson. He needs to and will start. We still need 1 more good to great CB and I think it may be Sean smith if free agency bc Baalke tried to get him last time in fa. If not I don't think we draft a CB at 7. Pass rush is far more important if there is no Patrick Peterson type player available in this draft.

Pass rush is more important even if there is a Petaerson type. A shutdown pass rush is more important than a shutdown corner. It's why Zona values Calais Campbell more than Peterson.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Pass rush is more important even if there is a Petaerson type. A shutdown pass rush is more important than a shutdown corner. It's why Zona values Calais Campbell more than Peterson.

I think if you have a shutdown paas rush, your okay with a good (not elite) secondary.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I think if you have a shutdown paas rush, your okay with a good (not elite) secondary.

Agreed but a shutdown corner definitely would be a plus..we don't have a elite pass rush anymore..with ward in the slot being one of the best slot corners and lets say we do add a VH3 were looking pretty good and our DC can get creative with the blitzes he can send..corners are an important part of a defense... Let alone the defense Jim O'Neal likes to run... I'm all in for VH3 in the first
Nkemdiche could fix our front 7 in a hurry,once all the pro days are done he will skyrocket up everyones mock drafts.

Sign a FA ILB (Trevathan?) and our front 7 is scary again.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana1977:
Nkemdiche could fix our front 7 in a hurry,once all the pro days are done he will skyrocket up everyones mock drafts.

Go ahead laugh all you want, but this Nkemdiche kid reminds me of Suh. I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing.
Originally posted by HERN:

Go ahead laugh all you want, but this Nkemdiche kid reminds me of Suh. I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing.

Watch he's going to check out fine and turn out to be a star,he's my pick for the 49ers has been since his game against Bama.
Originally posted by HERN:

Watch he's going to check out fine and turn out to be a star,he's my pick for the 49ers has been since his game against Bama.

I think nkemdiche is a monster... You think he will be a 1st rounder with his off the field issues..imagine if he fell to us in the 2nd...yikes
He's not falling far. He's too good. He's a top-5 talent in this class.
In my opinion there have been less than 15 true shut down corners in the history of the NFL. Our odds of drafting one this year are tiny. Fix that pass rush and front 7. Thats the recipe
Share 49ersWebzone