There are 235 users in the forums

WR Leonte Carroo Rutgers

Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm not saying we shouldn't draft him either. He's a super talented kid. If that's what the organization thinks is best, than its their choice. But that doesn't mean I have to like him as a man.

I'm not sure of all the evidence tht's out there about this incident, but I didn't see him doing anything wrong. If it's "he said, she said," I don't know if I'm gonna take the word of a woman who ran up and swung a purse at someone, then claimed she was attacked for no reason and didn't hit anyone. If there's more out there pointing to him, I'd like to hear it, but I don't see anything other than his ex saying something happened.

Next, I gotta tell you: if some chick was beating on my wife, I'd toss her away without hesitation. If I was truly worried that this woman was about to cause real damage to my wife, I'd drop her with no concern. To me, its not what she could or couldn't to me; it's what she could do to my wife, and I'm not letting anything happen to her. If that makes me a bad guy, cool. I'll be the bad guy with a safe and healthy wife.

You should watch the documentary The Hunting Ground and then revisit hat statement. There is a piece about Jameis Winston in there as well and, despite how media was reporting, the girl seemed pretty convincing. 93-96% of cases are truthful.

that girl described the rape showing hardly any emotion at all. I don't believe a word she says about James

I wonder if that 93-96% holds true with athletes/celebrities. The victim actually has something gain in those case. I bet it's much lower then.

That's idiotic.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I've been working and not get to see any of the combine. Does anyone know how my WR crush Leonte Carroo did today.
Matt Waldman of rookie scout portfolio talked about hidden gems and he's super high on this kid...he compares him to Roddy White and he could make a real impact sooner than later.

He's one of my favorite value picks in this draft Baalke loves drafting WRs in the 4th round and it sounds like they've spent a lot of time with him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Matt Waldman of rookie scout portfolio talked about hidden gems and he's super high on this kid...he compares him to Roddy White and he could make a real impact sooner than later.

He's one of my favorite value picks in this draft Baalke loves drafting WRs in the 4th round and it sounds like they've spent a lot of time with him.

In my opinion Caroo is a 3rd round pick at worst.
I've watched all of Rutgers games this past season and this guy is a weapon and has a chance to be special.
Originally posted by BigBug415:

In my opinion Caroo is a 3rd round pick at worst.
I've watched all of Rutgers games this past season and this guy is a weapon and has a chance to be special.

I think his off field stuff drops him a little, but I have him as a 3rd round pick as well...CBS has him as a late 3rd while other big boards have him around the 3rd-4th round. I'd love to see him in SF.
He had injury issues but on the field he was scary. He scored at will in that first half back early in the season.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
He had injury issues but on the field he was scary. He scored at will in that first half back early in the season.

Yeah I think he's had a concussion and the high ankle sprain...hopefully he's over that.
An anonymous NFL scout compared Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo to a faster James Jones because of his "strong hands" and because he's "a strong runner after the catch."

We think Carroo separates quite a bit easier than Jones, but the similar hand strength and run-after-the-catch ability is notable. "He's a better player than Mohamed Sanu coming out of there," a different scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He's a No. 2 for sure, and if he's a No. 3 you've got a hell of a receiving corps. He can play inside or outside. He's got speed, he's tough, got ball skills, good run after (the catch). In and out of the lineup with injury and character issues." That we know of, Carroo has visited the Saints, Texans, Dolphins, and Patriots.

Man he's my favorite 2nd tier WR out of the bunch...he would be a great player in Chip's offense I really hope we make a play for him.
people sleeping on this kid

All-Underrated Prospect Team: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/62221/351/all-underrated-prospect-team there are some solid names on this list great for teams with a ton of draft picks

WR- Leonte Carroo (Rutgers). Defenses double- and triple-teamed Carroo over the past few years due to Rutgers' utter lack of supporting talent and still they couldn't stop him. He's not huge (6-foot, 211 pounds), and he's not a burner (4.50 forty at the Combine), but Carroo is muscled-up and plenty fast enough to separate consistently. More importantly, Carroo's hands are vice grips made out of leather magnets (had only two drops on 95 catchable targets over the past two years). One NFL scout compared those mitts to James Jones'. Pro Football Focus analyst Wes Huber called Carroo's catching ability "a truly special trait." That site called Carroo a first-round talent. Carroo will probably slide to early Day 3.
An anonymous NFL scout compared Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo to a faster James Jones because of his "strong hands" and because he's "a strong runner after the catch."

We think Carroo separates quite a bit easier than Jones, but the similar hand strength and run-after-the-catch ability is notable. "He's a better player than Mohamed Sanu coming out of there," a different scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He's a No. 2 for sure, and if he's a No. 3 you've got a hell of a receiving corps. He can play inside or outside. He's got speed, he's tough, got ball skills, good run after (the catch). In and out of the lineup with injury and character issues." That we know of, Carroo has visited the Saints, Texans, Dolphins, and Patriots.

Man he's my favorite 2nd tier WR out of the bunch...he would be a great player in Chip's offense I really hope we make a play for him.

Thanks for tipping him to us NY! I didn't catch any Rutgers games this season so I completely missed him, but I've really liked what I saw since you started hypin' him.

Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Thanks for tipping him to us NY! I didn't catch any Rutgers games this season so I completely missed him, but I've really liked what I saw since you started hypin' him.

He's just a tough dude! Has vice grips for hands and was a one man wreaking ball for the Rutgers. Reminds me of golden Tate. Would love him.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
How about this guy in the 3rd

Still bummed we didn't draft this kid

Dolphins third-round WR Leonte Carroo has impressed at OTAs.

Beat writer Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald said he's "made quite an impression." Teammate Michael Thomas added that Carroo's physical skill set reminds him of a faster Anquan Boldin. Carroo will spend the next five weeks between OTAs and minicamp honing his craft with No. 1 wide receiver Jarvis Landry. Carroo is off to a solid start but the real test will come when the pads are put on"

I'll believe it when I see it. He's a Dolphin; he couldn't be THAT good.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

I'll believe it when I see it. He's a Dolphin; he couldn't be THAT good.

Landry, doe.
Share 49ersWebzone