There are 161 users in the forums

NYniner85 Mock 1.0 2016

Okay now that we have our coaching staff in order we can focus on the draft and FA I will admit I am a little green on this years class because I didn't have as much time to watch college ball this year (new job/wedding planning). I'm just starting to get into draft mode, but if I put something down wrong fill free to correct me (which I know you all will )

First this will be based off what I'd like to do not necessarily what Baalke does. We are currently $53.5 million in the green

FA adds:

Alex Mack- Wants to come back home and we put him in at center and mover Kilgore to LG.
Malik Jackson-Solid player that AA can learn from we need to have that dominate DL again.
Dion Jordan- No way Miami keeps him at his current contract and I don't think he's a fit for Vance's 4-3. He will want to come work with Chip and we can get him for a cheap prove it deal. We are gonna to need as many pass rushers as possible IMO.
Sean Smith-Chip like BIG players and so does Baalke. He ranked out 11th in PFF not sure what kind of coverage O'neil will be running but here's everyone #1 CB that they've wanted for so long LOL.

Cuts:

Brooks-peace out! not worth top 5 OLB money
Pears-
Nick Bellore
Jerome Simpson

Resign:

Ian Williams-top priority signing
Celek-shouldn't cost much
Boldin-I'm up in the air about this but I fine if they sign him or don't

A Davis- pretty positive his coming back so I planed FA and the draft on the assumption that he is.

Draft: I used CBS Draft rankings

1st: TRADE-we trade with the Saints at 12! They need anything as far as defense goes and if Buckner or VG3 are sitting there they might want to move up. We get a extra 2nd and they get one of our 4ths.

NOAH SPENCE, OLB EK-We need pass rush to make Chip's defense run and we will need a lot of fresh legs. He's moving up the boards and I think his demons are in the past. Best 3-4 pass rusher in the draft IMO.

2nd (ours)-CODY WHITEHAIR, OG Kansas St We grab one of the best OG prospects, I think he's the right size that Chip looks for in a OG athletic enough to get to the second level, He battles Tiller for the RG spot.

2nd(Saints)-TRADE* we get Texans 2nd next year and their 3rd this year-They get their QB in Conner Cook/Hackneberg

3rd- BRAXTON MILLER, OSU-Great athlete that has already shown promise at WR ( I like this pick if we sign Boldin even more) Doesn't need to start day one, but I bet Chip would love to find a way to get the ball in his hands

3rd (texans) SCOOBY WRIGHT III, ILB Arizona - Love this kid! My only issue is coverage skills (didn't see much in Zona) but he's just a football player and I wouldn't be surprised if Tarrt get's down in the "robber" role more (unless they let Bethea go)

4th (comp)- C.J. PROSISE, RB Norte Dame - Chip is gonna run the ball....a lot! I like Hyde,Davis, and Harris but C.J can be used all over the field and can catch the ball. He's still new to the RB position (former safety and WR) so he might take a little time to understand pad level pass blocking etc...worth the comp pick IMO.

5th(chargers)-DAK PRESCOTT, QB Miss ST- Chip get's to mold a QB finally lol...Dak is athletic with a big arm. He needs to work on foot mechanics, but he should have time to grow and learn Chip's offense. I'm just looking for a solid backup that can make the offense run if Kap/Blaine get hurt.

5th-ERIC STRIKER, OLB Oklahoma -Yes I know where does he play? Honestly I have no idea lol, but he is a athlete (word of this mock ) He could be a hybrid OLB we are seeing defenses becoming more creative in order to catch up to this offensive league... at this point worth the risk.

5th (comp)-TYLER JOHNSTONE, OT -Here is our ACL man, he played this season but has been injured in the past. Adds depth to the tackle position an chip get's a duck.

6th-MATT IOANNIDIS, DT Temple-We have supposedly 4 sixth round picks, so I wouldn't be surprised if they trade up or trade out for picks next year. He played inside and out on the line and at this point I'm looking at positions rather than players (like I said still a little green with this draft class).

6th-D'HAQUILLE WILLIAMS, WR Auburn -Worth the risk at this point his big but seems lazy

trade the other 6th round picks at some point for next year picks.

So there you have it I like the idea of having a couple early picks for 2017 if we want to go all in on Watson.

I'm sure my updated mocks will be much different after the combine and before the draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 28, 2016 at 10:16 AM ]
I would go nuts if the off-season went that way. Replace Striker and Ionnidis(I think he goes higher and is better suited for a 4-3) and it would be perfect for me.
Like this a lot. I'd like to give Harold one more season to show if he can improve, but Spence is going to be a beast
C.J. PROSISE is starting to make a lot of sense for us. Will be putting him into my next mock.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
This would be great. Contending team next year. lol
Very nice mock. Don't really think Celek is worth bringing back with Busta Anderson available to be the 3rd TE and I'm content with letting Boldin walk and finally letting our younger guys have a shot in a legit offense that knows how to utilize their abilities. But overall, very solid!
Awesome free agency acquisitions. I think we are going to target all the players you stated. I really hope we get Dion Jordan because he looked really really good in college and I think on our team he would do pretty well.
This would be a great off season.
Originally posted by saniner:
I would go nuts if the off-season went that way. Replace Striker and Ionnidis(I think he goes higher and is better suited for a 4-3) and it would be perfect for me.

Thanks! Yeah I'm finds feeling the striker pick lol I think he could kinda be like shaq Thompson in Carolina.

Originally posted by Cooper22:
Like this a lot. I'd like to give Harold one more season to show if he can improve, but Spence is going to be a beast

Thanks!! I'm all for Eli getting snaps but I think they all will be getting snaps with chips offense lol
Originally posted by jreff22:
C.J. PROSISE is starting to make a lot of sense for us. Will be putting him into my next mock.

Yup I think he can line up as a WR in some sets keep the defense guessing, I want to have a lots of options for chip

Originally posted by pd24:
This would be great. Contending team next year. lol

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Very nice mock. Don't really think Celek is worth bringing back with Busta Anderson available to be the 3rd TE and I'm content with letting Boldin walk and finally letting our younger guys have a shot in a legit offense that knows how to utilize their abilities. But overall, very solid!

I thought Celeks pass catching skills took a huge leap up this season...I like busta too but he's not much of a blocker an you got to block with chip.

Yeah I'm 50/50 with boldin if he stays good but I think his best move would be to go to a team like the pats.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Awesome free agency acquisitions. I think we are going to target all the players you stated. I really hope we get Dion Jordan because he looked really really good in college and I think on our team he would do pretty well.

It would be a typical Baalke move grabbing a prospect like Jordan who was drafted high but hasn't produced yet...my big iffy move would be Sean Smith baalkes never thrown cash at CBs, but I think it would be a soild move
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I thought Celeks pass catching skills took a huge leap up this season...I like busta too but he's not much of a blocker an you got to block with chip.

Yeah I'm 50/50 with boldin if he stays good but I think his best move would be to go to a team like the pats.

I think his abilities improved as well but so did McDonald and McDonald is already under contract along with Bell, a 4th round pick from just year. If Celek was already under contract, I'd be fine with him being on the roster but since he isn't and we have 3 younger TEs with great upside, I just don't see it necessary to bring him back.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think his abilities improved as well but so did McDonald and McDonald is already under contract along with Bell, a 4th round pick from just year. If Celek was already under contract, I'd be fine with him being on the roster but since he isn't and we have 3 younger TEs with great upside, I just don't see it necessary to bring him back.

true id like to see more of bell as will... Also I'm not over Vance just yet.
Share 49ersWebzone